Huawei Watch GT connection problem

Show first post

176 replies

@Max

I don't understand how my 21€ fitness tracker reconnects perfectly every time when returning within Bluetooth range to the same phone but my GT watch is incapable of doing it.

I've contacted support multiple times but never actually get any real help.

It's a shame as I really liked the watch and would be recommending it to friends and relatives.
My Mi Band 4 always reconnects. Every time.

Huawei should be EMBARRASSED about this.
They really should be and also very concerned.

Garmin, Xiaomi and other brands have you install just one app which has an all in one approach and works.

Huawei have us install there Health app and a secondary services app if not running a Huawei phone which I'm sure is the core problem.

What are the secondary services app needed? I has been installed only the health app on my phone.
Userlevel 2
When you install Huawei Health on a non Huawei phone, it tells you when setting the app up, you also need to install Huawei Mobile Services app.

PlayStore Link

I'm not sure what it actually does but I installed it.

You have a Huawei/Honor phone?
Userlevel 2
Just found a new app update from today, version
9.0.6.429, testing Bluetooth right now, hopefully the reconnect bug amazingly got fixed.

New Huawei Health update
Userlevel 4
9.0.6.429, testing Bluetooth right now, hopefully the reconnect bug amazingly got fixed.

New Huawei Health update

Not fixed for me. Still the same issue.

I didn't expect it to be fixed. I've given up on it now. I'll be getting rid of this crappy watch on eBay soon.
Userlevel 2

New Huawei Health update
Not fixed for me. Still the same issue.

I didn't expect it to be fixed. I've given up on it now. I'll be getting rid of this crappy watch on eBay soon.

Same here, not fixed.

Might take that same measures and flog it. It also might be worth letting some tech news sites know about this issue to get some attention, who knows, they might actually fix it on the Huawei Watch GT 2.
Userlevel 4
The problem with selling it, is hoping the buyer doesn't have a phone that's not supported too.

Nothing worse than dealing with that on top of losing about £90 that I paid on the full RRP.

This is why I wanted Huawei to refund me.

Why should I lose money & have the hassle?

I'm going to send an email to the CEOs of Huawei and get Trading Standards involved. It's unacceptable.
Userlevel 4
Go here to email the CEO about this problem:

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/email-the-ceo/
Userlevel 2
Today I returned my Huawei watch GT. I actually really liked the watch. But seeing as Huawei doesn't care about the product and the consumers enough to fix the issues and bugs, I couldn't keep it. I cannot justify keeping the watch when it cannot even automatically connect to my Android phone. I also worte a review waring people about buying the Huawei watch GT.
Userlevel 4
I've emailed and written to the UK CEO asking for a refund.

If I get nowhere with that I'll report them to trading standards. I have enough evidence and I've done it before so I know what I'm doing.

I won't just suck it up and forget about it, like what they're doing to their customers.

It wouldn't be as bad as it is if they'd just acknowledge the fault. The fact they haven't done that after 4 months proves they're purposely ignoring everyone.

Ill be contacting all the tech sites about this to get the fault highlighted.
Userlevel 4
I've had a response from opening a ticket.

They've washed their hands of it completely and told me they will not offer a refund to me.

They asked me to send the watch in for inspection, despite me clearly telling them that this is NOT a hardware issue. The fault is 100% with Huawei Health app or Huawei Mobile services app.

They even asked which version of 'App Gallery' I'm using, as if THAT would make a difference to ANYTHING. This alone shows how absolutely clueless they are. They may as well have asked me what my favourite colour was, for all the good that will do in problem solving the issue. What an absolute bunch of idiots.

I'm contacting all the tech sites now to make them aware of this issue. They need to be called out on it.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi @MisterStu ,

I understand that you had different expectations about the resolution and I want to provide a few more details on the matter .
After trying all the troubleshoot steps for the error reported, the next logical steps is to send your device to be inspected so our engineers will establish if the watch is faulty or not.
In the same time, we needed some details so we can send feedback to our development team related to this as well. They can look this up but some information is required. Even if some of it might not seem necessary, this kind of issues need to be look at from different angles. You could pm me for providing those details further.
Related to the refund part, we are not able to do so as we do not sell directly to end users so only the retailer can provide any refund/replacement/compensation, based on their policy.
In the end, your feedback about this experience was passed further as we are always looking to improve and please get back to us if you have any other questions.
Hope it helps.

Have a nice day!

Charlie T. 🤓
Userlevel 4
Hi @MisterStu ,

I understand that you had different expectations about the resolution and I want to provide a few more details on the matter .
After trying all the troubleshoot steps for the error reported, the next logical steps is to send your device to be inspected so our engineers will establish if the watch is faulty or not.
In the same time, we needed some details so we can send feedback to our development team related to this as well. They can look this up but some information is required. Even if some of it might not seem necessary, this kind of issues need to be look at from different angles. You could pm me for providing those details further.
Related to the refund part, we are not able to do so as we do not sell directly to end users so only the retailer can provide any refund/replacement/compensation, based on their policy.
In the end, your feedback about this experience was passed further as we are always looking to improve and please get back to us if you have any other questions.
Hope it helps.

Have a nice day!

Charlie T. 🤓

THE WATCH IS NOT FAULTY. THE HUAWEI HEALTH APP ANDROID SOFTWARE IS!!!

You cannot fix this by me sending the watch in for repair.

I don't know how else I can explain this. I have been clear & concisce, but you seem unable or unwilling to understand the issue.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi @MisterStu

I'm sorry to hear that regarding your case. If you've read the reply, it was also a request for a pm message with your serial number number and the health app version to could forward those to our developer team to be resolved with the next update.
Hope that answer your question.

I'll wait for your private reply with those information in order to properly escalate your case.

Best,
Charlie T.🤓
Userlevel 4
Hi @MisterStu

I'm sorry to hear that regarding your case. If you've read the reply, it was also a request for a pm message with your serial number number and the health app version to could forward those to our developer team to be resolved with the next update.
Hope that answer your question.

I'll wait for your private reply with those information in order to properly escalate your case.

Best,
Charlie T.🤓

All Huawei Health app versions later than 9.04.332 have this bug.
This version came out in February and you were told about it 4 months ago so I highly doubt a fix is going to "resolved within the next update".

Every update since February has a bug that affects ALL non Huawei/Honor phones.

Bluetooth does not automatically reconnect if you go out of range. You have to wake the phone or manually reconnect to get the watch connected back to the phone.

I don't have my watch serial number to hand but I fail to see how this would help you in fixing the issue, unless there are different hardware revisions in the Watch GT line?
Userlevel 3
Hello,

I have the same problem with my Watch GT too: it does not automatically reconnect to Bluetooth after losing the signal.

I have to open my phone. And if the connection has been lost for more than 5/10 minutes, I need to open Huawei Health to reconnect the watch manually !!!

This is crazy : my wife has an Honor Band 4 and it works perfectly on her Galaxy S7 ! Why doesn't my Watch GT work perfectly on my Galaxy S8!!!? I am very disappointed because it is a major problem and very disabling to use.

However, contrary to what has been said above, I think the problem comes from the watch software and not from Huawei health : indeed, when I connect my GT to my wife's S7, it works perfectly !
But when I connect his Honor Band 4 to my S8 it doesn't work !
So, to me the software Watch bug with some OS versions, including Android 9.

I tried everything, including resetting everything (even the S8) with the factory settings. I am now certain that the problem is with the GT's firmware. Otherwise, why else would the GT connect perfectly with my wife's S7 (who has the same version of Huawei Health) ?

I hope that the problem will be solved quickly because many of us are suffering from major malfunctions.

best
Userlevel 4
I think the issue is with Huawei Health. If you uninstall the latest version and install an older build, it reconnects fine, or at least it seems to most of the time.

All versions of Huawei health have been borked since they added the watch face selector option.

Try this older build and see how you go:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/huawei-internet-service/health/health-9-0-4-332-release/huawei-health-9-0-4-332-android-apk-download/download/
Userlevel 3
Thank you, it works !!! 👍

I really hope that the problem will be fixed soon because it's a shame not to be able to update the firmware anymore... we lose a lot of evolutions (like watch faces) and improvements. :o(
Do you have any hope that Huawei will fix the bug one day ?

Thank you !
Userlevel 1
I was using my Watch GT with Samsung Galaxy S7 edge since May without any problems. Now, I changed phone to Galaxy S10 and guess what?! I'm having problems with automatic reconnect to Bluetooth after losing the signal.
Small hint for Huawei Developers: Galaxy S7 was with Android 8, Galaxy S10 comes with Android 9! Come on guys, fix it!

Polish Huawei Support answered:
Since the limit of Android system, if you disabled GPS on your phone or location access of Huawei Health App, the bluetooth might be unable to reconnect.Solution:Please enable location access or GPS on your phone.
In the Huawei Health app, touch Reconnect.
Ensure that the Huawei Health app is added to the protected background app. For details, contact your phone manufacturer.
Open the Huawei Health app, touch UNPAIR to delete the pairing records, and select your watch to reconnect.
If this issue persists, turn the Bluetooth off and on, or restart your watch and mobile phone and try again.

Funny😁 Turn on you location.... (and drain your phone battery faster 😂)
Userlevel 3
You're absolutely right: perfect operation with the S7 and android 8, but dysfunction for android 9 (S8/S9/S10) users.

My wife can use my GT Watch (S7) without pb, I'll end up offering it to her ! 😅

Really painful....
Userlevel 3
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/huawei-internet-service/health/health-9-0-4-332-release/huawei-health-9-0-4-332-android-apk-download/download/

despite everything, after a test, it is not perfect: if you disconnect more than 5 minutes (even less) you must always reconnect the watch manually by opening Huawei Health...

It works, but for a small break (1 to 2 minutes maximum I think...).
It's better than before, but hey...
Userlevel 4

despite everything, after a test, it is not perfect: if you disconnect more than 5 minutes (even less) you must always reconnect the watch manually by opening Huawei Health...

It works, but for a small break (1 to 2 minutes maximum I think...).
It's better than before, but hey...

Yeah, I found that out it too. It's not a complete solution, but it's the best we have at the moment.

I actually have zero confidence that this issue will ever get fixed.

The Polish support info that 'maciey' posted doesn't help either. My GPS is permanently on and it does not help.
Userlevel 2
I also have GPS always enabled, doesn't help.

So we have more information for Huawei's dev team and that Huawei Health only has the reconnection problem on Android 9.0 and later.

My Xiaomi Mi8 was on Android 9.0
My Google Pixel 2 XL is on Android 9.0

Support told me to test another phone, I did and it reconnected fine, the phone was running Android 7.0 Nougat.
Userlevel 3
I fully agree with that !
Userlevel 4
It reconnects fine to Huawei & Honor phones running Android 9.

It DOES NOT reconnect to ANY other phone brand running Android 9 though.
Userlevel 2
One thing I noticed is that if you disable Bluetooth and open the Health app is doesn't even check Bluetooth availability.

Other brands apps detect that you have it disabled and tell you to enable it.

Obviously Huawei/Honor have hidden preconfigured permissions for its own apps.