Answered

Huawei Watch GT dies after last update 1.0.8.34

Hi Today i received a new update for my Huawei Watch GT. The update had cool feature such as Covering of screen will turn the display off.

Transfer to the Watch was success. After that the watch restarted and the blue watch for update appeared. After that the watch went off and it won't turn on again. I tried putting in on charger but nothing happens?

Does anyone know what to do ?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ove 5 June 2019, 11:50

Guys, it's an issue in probability, if you met this issue unfortunately, please try to hold the upper button for over 16 seconds to restart your watch to get recovery. We will fix this issue via a new firmware update soon.
View original

46 replies

Hi Today i received a new update for my Huawei Watch GT. The update had cool feature such as Covering of screen will turn the display off.

Transfer to the Watch was success. After that the watch restarted and the blue watch for update appeared. After that the watch went off and it won't turn on again. I tried putting in on charger but nothing happens?

Does anyone know what to do ?

Thanks

I managed to get it working but for that i needed to open the watch and unplug the battery. After i got battery back watch started working again with latest update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
You could try holding the upper button longer and see if that helps...
I tried that but it did not work
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @vukvasic,

Could you please let us know what update version you are currently using? 🙂
Hi, I have exactly same issue with same update. This morning huawei system prompted with new update, after it was installed watch just died. Tried to hold upper, lower and both together buttons, but nothing helps. I'm not too keen to open it myself as it might violate the warranty.

Please help to resolve
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I wonder if this happens when update is performed with low battery.

Try holding the top button for a long time.

I thinking about discharging the battery , then plugging it in to charge and hopefully it may boot up.
Mine was charged 100% over the night. I have tried to hold down buttons in various combinations for about 30 seconds. Wouldn't that be long enough? :(

Not entirely sure how to discharge the battery in this case too. The watch is just flat out. Put it on the charger and still no signs of life
Ok, looks like 30 seconds were not enough. Holding down the upper button for about 45 seconds switched it on. All good now. 🙂
Just to confirm my watch was also charged to 100% when this happen.

Unfortunately since i did not wait for 45 seconds i had to open it 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Ok, looks like 30 seconds were not enough. Holding down the upper button for about 45 seconds switched it on. All good now. :)
Glad you got it resolved. I thought it would be something like that 😀
Userlevel 1
Just had this happen to me. Holding down the up button for about 20 seconds reset it for me.

Good job with the quality control there Huawei! Maybe the orange dotard is right about you after all
Userlevel 1
This just happened again - screen black and non-responsive.

Not happy!
Userlevel 5
Badge
When things like this happen, you really have to question the quality of the devs working on this. And Huawei want to build their own operating system as an alternative to Android? They can't even get an operating system on a watch to work properly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I could hapen to anyone...samsung had their batteries exploding
Userlevel 5
Badge
I coul hapen to anyone...samsung had their batteries exploding

This isn't an isolated incident with this watch though. I've have mine since November 2018 and there are still issues, if not even more issues than there were back then. With every update there is a new issue and old issues that have been raised still haven't been fixed. I raised the fact that I have had no workout status shown on my watch for months and I've had no feedback from Devs that they are even looking into this issue. It's a major issue and it's a feature on the watch that's now non existent on mine.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Guys, it's an issue in probability, if you met this issue unfortunately, please try to hold the upper button for over 16 seconds to restart your watch to get recovery. We will fix this issue via a new firmware update soon.
Userlevel 1

Do you plan on testing this next firmware before release?
I am in UK and I have a Huawei P30 and Huawei watch GT. I currently have the firmware watch version 1.0.8.30(C03). I have tried to update the firmware through the health app but at the moment I am not able to do it.

Is the firmware update for the watch GT going to be released later in UK or is something wrong with my watch/phone?
Is this update also for Huawei Watch GT Elegant edition?
I Want always on display on my GT Elegant, it is possoble?

Guys, it's an issue in probability, if you met this issue unfortunately, please try to hold the upper button for over 16 seconds to restart your watch to get recovery. We will fix this issue via a new firmware update soon.Do you plan on testing this next firmware before release?

hehehehehehe
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Is this update also for Huawei Watch GT Elegant edition?
I Want always on display on my GT Elegant, it is possoble?

Not yet, it's still on optimizing, please wait.
Userlevel 3
I had the same issue yesterday, the watch screen wouldnt show. Checked the app and it was still connected. had to hold both buttons down for quite a while, the re-boot the watch. Not great.
May aswell fix all the other issues stated throughout the forum hey Huawei. Also will you allow us to make our own watch faces too??
I have the same issue. The screen dies and doesn not respond. Have to restart holding the button. It happens at least twise a day.
Userlevel 1
I have the same issue. The screen dies and doesn not respond. Have to restart holding the button. It happens at least twise a day.

I've not had it happen since enabling the standby watch face. Rubbish but it will have to do until the muppets release a fix.