Answered

Huawei Watch GT dies after last update 1.0.8.34

Show first post

46 replies

After the new update. There is not any change in the raise wrist to wake screen. It's so so so so so bad. No matter what kind of movement i do from my hand the watch screen lits up, which takes up lot of battery.

Please Huawei fix this. It doesn't seem that hard to change it.

Also, the watch store is not available in Canada
hi @Ove, any updates on this issue? it's very annoying and a battery killer for the watch, so it seems..

or is there an easy way to get back to the previous firmware? don't think there were any issues then.
Userlevel 1
1.0.9.2 out now in UK.

Fingers crossed..
Guys, it's an issue in probability, if you met this issue unfortunately, please try to hold the upper button for over 16 seconds to restart your watch to get recovery. We will fix this issue via a new firmware update soon.
unfortunately, update 1.0.9.2 did not fix this irritating bug...
Aannoying as my screen is blank and keeps impairing I only bought my watch in March and have a triathlon on saturday. Think I'm going to get the old Garmin out. Beginning to wish I'd bought another Garmin 😭
I have the same problem with my watch freezing. I too was also hoping the last firmware update would fix it.

My watch freezes at least 20 times a day and this also kills the battery. I'm lucky to have 50% left at the end of a day which started with a 100% charge. Everything is turned off to get maximum battery life as I don't use the fitness part of it as it does not support gym workouts unlike Huaweies older watches.

I'm currently looking for an alternative watch as I don't think they will fix the freezing issue and the watch faces are hideous.
I won't complain, this is a very unique watch. But Huawei should stop putting new features in and fixing the existing bugs! Or tell us how to roll back to a working firmware.
Userlevel 1
1.0.9.2 out now in UK.

Fingers crossed..

2 weeks with no issues. Battery life is better than ever. I think I'll be sticking with this update unless Huawei add an option to downgrade in case of future problems.
Userlevel 1
Forget this. Just died and had to force restart.

1.0.9.2 out now in UK.

Fingers crossed..
2 weeks with no issues. Battery life is better than ever. I think I'll be sticking with this update unless Huawei add an option to downgrade in case of future problems.
this week it will be two months we have this daily problem. Each time resetting takes more that 10% of the battery.

Is there a way to tell Huawei we want the previous functions or firmware back?

for me there were no problems with firmware 1.0.7.42
Userlevel 1
Died again for the second time in two days!

How is this not being addressed as a priority?

How much repeat custom does Huawei expect to receive after their device is bricked and they don't appear to give a stuff?

Is there any point posting here?

Are the developers even aware of this issue?

Or, do they just not care?
hi @Amy, in the past 30 minutes, this bug locked my watch twice

what is the proper way to get this fixed?

I am located in Belgium, by the way and need to get back to an older firmware (just like everyybody else I guess)
Userlevel 1

I am located in Belgium, by the way and need to get back to an older firmware (just like everyybody else I guess)

Beware firrmware 1.0.9.6!

My watch is now bricked and stuck on the logo screen.

thanks for the update, I just have 1.0.9.6 ready on the phone... keep us posted in case this gets through... I'll hold my breath in the meantime.
the saga continues: https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/new-1-0-9-6-fw-6617
Userlevel 1

thanks for the update, I just have 1.0.9.6 ready on the phone... keep us posted in case this gets through... I'll hold my breath in the meantime.

Mine's going back to Amazon for a refund. I started another thread about this and it seems like I was just unlucky. Good luck with yours.

https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/beware-watch-gt-formware-1-0-9-6-6620
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi all,

We appreciate the customer's input and are very thankful that you took the time to write down this issue regarding Huawei Watch GT.

Your cases have been passed on to the development team and we can assure you that they will be taken into account for future updates & development.

Thank you for your feedback.

All the best,
BarneyT
please wake up the development team...
Userlevel 5
Badge
please wake up the development team...

Forget about it. Sell GT, don't buy GT2. This watch is dead. There is no support. Buy a third-party watch.
Hi all ,
Had my watch gt less then a day and updated a few times the last one has bricked my watch .
Any one know how to fix it .
Been told it can be sent off for repair with Huawei .
Thanks Adam

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello there!

I am sorry that you are having issues!

I would suggest you to check @Ove 's answer, it looks like that solution is working for the majority.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT