Answered

Huawei Watch GT - Google Pay & Music Controls

• 23 November 2018
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi,

I wanted to ask about a couple of features that would make this watch great:

• I am unsure if the watch has an NFC chip inside. I've read in some places it does but it is only enabled for the Chinese market. Are there any plans to enable Google Payments in the future using NFC?
  • It would be great to include a simple music control app to play/pause/skip songs playing on your phone from the watch.
  • Finally, it would be good if the notification icon reflected the icon of the app sending the notification. If this can't be implemented dynamically, it would be good to have specific icons for the most popular apps (e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook etc).
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 5 December 2018, 13:57

Hi giorgoXXI,

Sorry for the confusion but the Watch GT dose not support NFC, as it has no NFC chip-set. What can be done via software will see enhancements in future updates.
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, I will forward them to the dev. team and perhaps these changes will be available soon.

Best wishes,
Max
View original

35 replies

Userlevel 1
I agree, and some better watch faces are needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi giorgoXXI,

Sorry for the confusion but the Watch GT dose not support NFC, as it has no NFC chip-set. What can be done via software will see enhancements in future updates.
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, I will forward them to the dev. team and perhaps these changes will be available soon.

Best wishes,
Max
Does Huawei watch GT has music player ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Ramesh Swaminathan, Welcome on the community!

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the comments above. Max shared this suggestion with our development team. 🙂
Userlevel 1
I agree too, maybe one music player, better interact with the notifications, and more watch faces and this smartwatch will be beast.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Georgi Nikolov

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for your feedback. It shall be passed on to our development team for consideration and analysis.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other inquiries! 😃

Best regards,
Max
I want to add to those thousands of sad guys. Since you're giving these watches to proud p30 owners it is lacking 2 features
A) music control
😎 camera control - could see plenty cool uses of it
I want to add to those thousands of sad guys. Since you're giving these watches to proud p30 owners it is lacking 2 features
A) music control

hahah this watch is so useless just let us instal wear OS or something and this thing might be useful. pls huawei if you read this save us. we p30 owners need a decent watch or we are swaping to the galaxy
Userlevel 4

A) music control
hahah this watch is so useless just let us instal wear OS or something and this thing might be useful. pls huawei if you read this save us. we p30 owners need a decent watch or we are swaping to the galaxy

How do you want Wear OS on watch with 128mb rom and 16mb ram!!!
😂

A) music control
How do you want Wear OS on watch with 128mb rom and 16mb ram!!!
😂

I just want some damn music controls how Hard can it be.?
Userlevel 3
The watch actually does have NFC but it's a small, efficient OS unlike WearOS and Google Pay is a WearOS app so it wouldn't work. Doing contactless payments securely is very hard and requires a lot of certification in Europe. The watch supports Alipay in China but that's probably a lot easier from a regulation point of view.

Banks could possibly do their own payments apps if there was ever an SDK available for this platform.
It's just a watch that tracks the time and fitness. No music controls no 3rd party apps no answering phone calls just hanging up. SMH.
Userlevel 1
could we get a super basic media/music remote for the watch GT or somthing similar to this.

To put it in perspective. If we got a simple screen face (by swiping left or right) and got a basic controll (next, previous, play/pause and volume controll). It would make the Huawei watch Gt alot nicer as a sport watch, as i'd rather change my music on my watch rather than doing it on my phone.

here's a rough idea
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Samdawat,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and ideas regarding the music control. I moved your topic to this thread to avoid double topics.
Hi, is there any development in process for this mater?
It will definitely help me decide if I keep this watch or not?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Ove do you know? 🙂
Userlevel 2
could we get a super basic media/music remote for the watch GT or somthing similar to this.

To put it in perspective. If we got a simple screen face (by swiping left or right) and got a basic controll (next, previous, play/pause and volume controll). It would make the Huawei watch Gt alot nicer as a sport watch, as i'd rather change my music on my watch rather than doing it on my phone.

here's a rough idea

Hi @Samdawat

This is a great idea, I have added it to the community trello (https://trello.com/c/5W9ogaOJ/4-music-control-app) i have started to keep track of cool feature requests.
The truth is, if some how a music control becomes available, this watch will be one of my best buys. I really enjoy it and understanding the direction Huawei has taken designing this watch, battery life, efficiency and sensor tracking, personally, i wouldn't mind to sacrifice some battery life or continuous heartbeat monitoring or any other of those, in order to be able to enjoy some music control. I hope this becomes available soon.
@Georgi Nikolov

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for your feedback. It shall be passed on to our development team for consideration and analysis.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other inquiries! 😃

Best regards,
Max

Hi Max,

do you have any updates on the music control from the development team?

Thanks,

D.
Hey there.
I just got the watch GT (coming from Tizen OS and Wear Is before). I really like the design and am looking forward to great battery life.

But things like music control and some kind of payment are a must. I'd also like navigation, notes, notification icons and replys and something. I know that's a lot asked, but I'm willing to help.

Is it possible to join as a developer? I haven't found any SDK anywhere, but heard that LiteOS is open source. How can someone participate.
Userlevel 5
You should go back to your old watch. This watch is extremely limited and the development has stopped completely. They don't respond to any of these requests and have ignored suggestions completely.

They had good sales momentum but as everyone who owns this watch knows now, the lack of development and the seriously limited abilities of this platform have most considering other choices.
When should we expect music control app in this watch? This missing functionality makes this watch for me a great disappointment.
Userlevel 5
Never
Userlevel 5
Badge
Huawei Watch GT does have integrated NFC chip. It is just not utilised.
Userlevel 3
Yes because in China they can pay with Alipay