Answered

Huawei Watch GT - Google Pay & Music Controls


Userlevel 3
Hi,

I wanted to ask about a couple of features that would make this watch great:

  • I am unsure if the watch has an NFC chip inside. I've read in some places it does but it is only enabled for the Chinese market. Are there any plans to enable Google Payments in the future using NFC?
  • It would be great to include a simple music control app to play/pause/skip songs playing on your phone from the watch.
  • Finally, it would be good if the notification icon reflected the icon of the app sending the notification. If this can't be implemented dynamically, it would be good to have specific icons for the most popular apps (e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook etc).
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 5 December 2018, 13:57

Hi giorgoXXI,

Sorry for the confusion but the Watch GT dose not support NFC, as it has no NFC chip-set. What can be done via software will see enhancements in future updates.
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, I will forward them to the dev. team and perhaps these changes will be available soon.

Best wishes,
Max

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1
I agree, and some better watch faces are needed.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi giorgoXXI,

Sorry for the confusion but the Watch GT dose not support NFC, as it has no NFC chip-set. What can be done via software will see enhancements in future updates.
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, I will forward them to the dev. team and perhaps these changes will be available soon.

Best wishes,
Max
Does Huawei watch GT has music player ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi @Ramesh Swaminathan, Welcome on the community!

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the comments above. Max shared this suggestion with our development team. 🙂
I agree too, maybe one music player, better interact with the notifications, and more watch faces and this smartwatch will be beast.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
@Georgi Nikolov

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for your feedback. It shall be passed on to our development team for consideration and analysis.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other inquiries! 😃

Best regards,
Max
I want to add to those thousands of sad guys. Since you're giving these watches to proud p30 owners it is lacking 2 features
A) music control
😎 camera control - could see plenty cool uses of it
Mirekem wrote:

I want to add to those thousands of sad guys. Since you're giving these watches to proud p30 owners it is lacking 2 features
A) music control
B) camera control - could see plenty cool uses of it


hahah this watch is so useless just let us instal wear OS or something and this thing might be useful. pls huawei if you read this save us. we p30 owners need a decent watch or we are swaping to the galaxy
Userlevel 2
Nachoking wrote:


Mirekem wrote:

I want to add to those thousands of sad guys. Since you're giving these watches to proud p30 owners it is lacking 2 features
A) music control
B) camera control - could see plenty cool uses of it

hahah this watch is so useless just let us instal wear OS or something and this thing might be useful. pls huawei if you read this save us. we p30 owners need a decent watch or we are swaping to the galaxy


How do you want Wear OS on watch with 128mb rom and 16mb ram!!!
πŸ˜‚
Morzaman wrote:


Nachoking wrote:


Mirekem wrote:

I want to add to those thousands of sad guys. Since you're giving these watches to proud p30 owners it is lacking 2 features
A) music control
B) camera control - could see plenty cool uses of it

hahah this watch is so useless just let us instal wear OS or something and this thing might be useful. pls huawei if you read this save us. we p30 owners need a decent watch or we are swaping to the galaxy

How do you want Wear OS on watch with 128mb rom and 16mb ram!!!
πŸ˜‚


I just want some damn music controls how Hard can it be.?
Userlevel 3
The watch actually does have NFC but it's a small, efficient OS unlike WearOS and Google Pay is a WearOS app so it wouldn't work. Doing contactless payments securely is very hard and requires a lot of certification in Europe. The watch supports Alipay in China but that's probably a lot easier from a regulation point of view.

Banks could possibly do their own payments apps if there was ever an SDK available for this platform.
It's just a watch that tracks the time and fitness. No music controls no 3rd party apps no answering phone calls just hanging up. SMH.

Reply

    Cookie policy

    By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

    Accept cookies Cookie settings