Answered

Huawei Watch GT - iOS 13 notifications issue

• 12 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

Phone: iPhone XS with iOS 13 dev beta 6
App: Huawei Health v. 8.0.25.300
Watch: Model: Classic - Firmware v. 1.0.9.6

I only receive notifications for a very short period of time, then nothing appears on the watch anymore.
When disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth, notifications work again for a short while.

I am not sure this is a connection issue, as the phone is always connected and the app can communicate with the watch.

Is there anything I can do?

PS: I know I am on a beta version of iOS, but this problem is also happening on my wife's iPhone with latest iOS 12.4.

Thanks and best regards
Sis
icon

Best answer by AlanFloyd 13 August 2019, 15:15

Hello sis3970,

hope the following helps you. In my case, since last Sunday, no problemas with notifications.

I own since last Saturday a GT-09E and use it with my iPhone "X" with iOS 12.4. and updated Watch to 1.0.8.60(C03). I was also suffering the drop of notification and had to turn off/on Bluetooth serveral times.

Sunday morning I took a long time to search on Internet and to be honest, found nothing that could help. So I started to analyze the situation and after several try and error I found out that notification stops, when ever a Apple Mail was arrived. So turned notification for Apple Mail off, installed on my iPhone a Gmail client and started to try Gmail.

Since than I have perfect running notifications, don't need to turn Bluetooth off/on. Works nearly perfect and mails from Gmail are correctly notified.

Maybe this could help the developers to find a bug (or maybe Apple is not allowing something) with Apple Mail.

Greetings
Alan
View original

2 replies

Hello sis3970,

hope the following helps you. In my case, since last Sunday, no problemas with notifications.

I own since last Saturday a GT-09E and use it with my iPhone "X" with iOS 12.4. and updated Watch to 1.0.8.60(C03). I was also suffering the drop of notification and had to turn off/on Bluetooth serveral times.

Sunday morning I took a long time to search on Internet and to be honest, found nothing that could help. So I started to analyze the situation and after several try and error I found out that notification stops, when ever a Apple Mail was arrived. So turned notification for Apple Mail off, installed on my iPhone a Gmail client and started to try Gmail.

Since than I have perfect running notifications, don't need to turn Bluetooth off/on. Works nearly perfect and mails from Gmail are correctly notified.

Maybe this could help the developers to find a bug (or maybe Apple is not allowing something) with Apple Mail.

Greetings
Alan
Hi Alan,

Seems you’re on to something here.
As soon as I disable notifications on the email app, reconnect bluetooth, everything seems to stay stable.

I hope this gets fixed at some point, as I do appreciate the mail notifications and don’t feel much for the gmail or outlook apps.

Anyway, thanks for the help.
Sis