Huawei Watch GT (LiteOS)/Huawei Health Bugs and suggestions

• 12 November 2018
  • 431 replies

Show first post

431 replies

Good evening.
Unfortunately I found another bug.
After a two-hour workout, starting with the display on for ten or twenty minutes, the display does not go into standby automatically but remains always on.
The bug occurs only at the end of the training while during the same the display goes quietly in standby.
It's a nice product but it has really a lot of bugs.
Health App Version 9.0.4.420
Huawei 2018 GT-947 updated to Firmware Version 1.0.9.2 on 07/17/2019

I don't like that Huawei coders change the way the GT functioned. When I select "Heart Rate" the GT no longer shows the screen that displays the Heart Rate Graph when I raise my wrist that has the max and lowest heart rate showing with the current pulse on the top in a larger font, this was great when I was hiking, but raking the screen to get there is harder when using trekking poles, this change was a downgrade and is not what was advertised when I purchased the GT as that was what I liked best. I tried using the 3 GPS systems to track my hikes but the accuracy was only 30% when compared with the State isssued maps and my Samsung Tab A which was on the money only has one GPS system. Huawei you need to bribe Samsung so your coders can learn how to program the GT for Accuracy.
Userlevel 1

Health App Version 9.0.4.420
Huawei 2018 GT-947 updated to Firmware Version 1.0.8.34

After the Health App update to Ver 9.04.420 my GT-947 will no longer connect or pair to my phone. Rebooting the GT and reinstalling the Health App many times, still not pairing. I first noticed the problem when the Heart monitor failed to announce that I was above my Heart Rate setting.

Looks like Huawei is not interested in supporting the GT watch. I should have purchased a Samsung.
Though with a honor watch magic, but I have the same problem. After having worked for days with the newest version, now BT connection is lost and the watch can not be connected. Reinstalling the app, restarting the watch and turning BT on and off do not help. Any suggestions?
App version: 9.0.4.420
Honor watch magic-715
Firmware: 1.0.7.40 as of for months now.

EDIT

Restarting the phone solved the problem. I also made a Hard reset on the watch, but it proved to be unnecessary.
Sleep tracking is a bit sensitive. I have a deskjob and many times my Watch GT seems to think that I'm sleeping in my office and I am quite sure that I'm not! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Good evening.
After a two-hour workout, starting with the display on for ten or twenty minutes, the display does not go into standby automatically but remains always on.
The bug occurs only at the end of the training while during the same the display goes quietly in standby.

Hi, @Santo67
does this issue occurs inevitably? Please check if you enabled Screen on function, which in Settings-Display-Advanced.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Where are the updates Huawei?

Good evening.
Hi, @Santo67
does this issue occurs inevitably? Please check if you enabled Screen on function, which in Settings-Display-Advanced.

@Ove Obviously i checked the Screen On function and it isn't enabled
code:
Hi everyone.
for the first time in two months, the watch shows different values โ€‹โ€‹between what is recorded and what is shown in the health app regarding heart rate.
mysteries.
Userlevel 1
The heart rate after FW 1.0.9.2 is full of nonsense!
Yesterday I rod a Pedelec with engine support by 25 km/h.

I had an average of 136 bpm and a maximum of 182 bpm! I never had a value at my Ergometer without engine support... the maximum value is too high and it make no sense, cause my physis was great and it was a great fun to ride a Pedelec!

I got following values:
Extreme: 10 min
Anaerob: 22 min
Aerob: 34 min
Fat burn: 4 min
Warm up: 0 min

In summary: the whole heart rate is incorrect after the last FW update.

Is it possible to reset the GT with another FW before 1.0.9.2.?
Userlevel 6
The heart rate after FW 1.0.9.2 is full of nonsense!
Yesterday I rod a Pedelec with engine support by 25 km/h.

I had an average of 136 bpm and a maximum of 182 bpm! I never had a value at my Ergometer without engine support... the maximum value is too high and it make no sense, cause my physis was great and it was a great fun to ride a Pedelec!

I got following values:
Extreme: 10 min
Anaerob: 22 min
Aerob: 34 min
Fat burn: 4 min
Warm up: 0 min

In summary: the whole heart rate is incorrect after the last FW update.

Is it possible to reset the GT with another FW before 1.0.9.2.?

My software language is surely different, but I bet you can restore your watch to factory settings, I'm not sure about firmware.

In the health app, press the watch icon on the upper right corner, then scroll all the way down and press "restore to factory settings", or something similar (since my interface is in portuguese).
If it works, then update the firmware to the version where it last worked correctly.
Health App Version 9.0.4.431 updated on 08/06/2019
Huawei 2018 GT-947 updated to Firmware Version 1.0.9.6 on 08/06/2019

After updating my GT recently I also find that the pulse rate becomes erroneous.
I checked it against the pulse monitors of a Stair Climber and a Treadmill at Gold's.
When my pulse is around 120 the GT matches the machines within a digit or so.
My max pulse is 150 and I train around 133-138.
Above that 133 the GT has stated that my pulse is 154-167bpm. This has never
happened before the last updates.
This is a 25% error in the measurement and is absolutely incorrect.
I only wear my GT during exercise and hiking, I always shut it down afterwards
so it gets a fresh boot often.

One improvement I noticed is the GT is stating connected without having to launch
the app. The app has been loading on boot up but never connected until I started the app
until this last update.

I just don't understand why Huawei can not get it right?
I suggest add feature to monitor glucose level without needles that would be awesome
Userlevel 3
Open water activity.

The GPS does not lock with open water activity.

In the other activities it locks fast. I have the latest firmware with Gt Active latest firmware 1.0.9.6
Userlevel 3
I have a suggestion that I suppose someone has already commented because it seems very interesting and easy to implement by Huawei:

- Allow to keep the screen on in activity. The idea is that it is optional and can be configured on the smartwatch. If you can not on the smartwatch that is from the Health app.

Thanks
Userlevel 3
I have a suggestion that I suppose someone has already commented because it seems very interesting and easy to implement by Huawei:

- Allow to keep the screen on in activity. The idea is that it is optional and can be configured on the smartwatch. If you can not on the smartwatch that is from the Health app.

Thanks

Don't worry about that. Huawei still not listen to us, from the beginning. So don't waste your time.
Userlevel 1
Hi everybody,

I've just encountered what I consider a bug. If somebody is calling me and I reply to the call, the Watch GT continue to vibrate even when I finish the call. The same happens with sms or missed call, even if I check the notification on my phone, they still remain on my Watch GT. I don't like so much to double recognize the notifications.
I have the Watch GT firmware v1.0.8.34 and the Huawei Health v9.0 . I also tried to reboot both phone and watch GT.

Any idea on how to solve it?

Thanks
Luca

Hi Luca, I now is over 2 months reply....
I also had this kind of issue. More exactly, if somebody is calling me, the watch it continue to vibrate if I reply, but only for a few seconds....for me the main issue was when I reject the call, the watch still vibrate with red reject button on and if in the meantime I make a new call, touching the watch screen, it will end the new active call.....even if the active call is to a different number.
My solution was to turn off the watch, store it and I switched back to Withings watch. As I can read now here, on this forum, the things are far to be better with Watch GT from Huawei. I really thought I will can try to start using again but....I'm not so sure now.
Userlevel 3

Hi Luca, I now is over 2 months reply....
I also had this kind of issue. More exactly, if somebody is calling me, the watch it continue to vibrate if I reply, but only for a few seconds....for me the main issue was when I reject the call, the watch still vibrate with red reject button on and if in the meantime I make a new call, touching the watch screen, it will end the new active call.....even if the active call is to a different number.
My solution was to turn off the watch, store it and I switched back to Withings watch. As I can read now here, on this forum, the things are far to be better with Watch GT from Huawei. I really thought I will can try to start using again but....I'm not so sure now.

Why not try a Clock Reset in the Health app.
By the way, are you Romanian?
Userlevel 1
Hi Luca, I'v tried resets several times....the isuue still there is. ๐Ÿ˜‚ and yes, Roman....
Userlevel 3
Hi Luca, I'v tried resets several times....the isuue still there is. ๐Ÿ˜‚ and yes, Roman....
What version of the Watch GT firmware do you have?
Userlevel 4

Thanks
Don't worry about that. Huawei still not listen to us, from the beginning. So don't waste your time.

And no hope- https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/everything-is-clear-the-end-of-liteos-and-watch-gt-6873
Userlevel 1

Hi Luca, I'v tried resets several times....the isuue still there is. ๐Ÿ˜‚ and yes, Roman....What version of the Watch GT firmware do you have?

Right now I can't tell you which firmware I have. I'v used the watch since it's launch till end of March when my new hybrid activity tracker arrived. Since then, somewhere in June I turned on and the watch updated 3 or 4 times...tested but didn't convinced me to start using it again.
I will give him a try again in few weeks....or I will offer it to someone...I will see.
Firstly the watch is great, but there are 2 major flaws. Firstly you need to be able to export to a third party,,, ie strava. That alone is costing you sales, secondly to be a sports watch it has to have auto pause. To use it for training on a bike especially... Please all you clever people at huawei hurry up, your missing a trick hear and again it's stopping the watch from being superb
Hello everyone, I join in reporting the vibration problem with notifications.It is necessary to make it longer because at present there is the risk of not noticing notifications.
another problem to solve is to introduce the possibility of silencing an incoming call, not just to reject it.
I hope that with the next updates these problems will be corrected.
Userlevel 3
Hello everyone, I join in reporting the vibration problem with notifications.It is necessary to make it longer because at present there is the risk of not noticing notifications.
another problem to solve is to introduce the possibility of silencing an incoming call, not just to reject it.
I hope that with the next updates these problems will be corrected.

Nope. Huawei won't listen to us, we are asking to solve those problems from the beginning.
They listen and produce improvement only for Chinese people.
Try another smartwatch.
I have just bought the watch a week ago and when I check calories after a training session or total calories burned in a day is wrong. For exemple รฎn One day I got between 400 - 500 calories. If I lift heavy weights how in 2 hours of training I burn only 400 calories is ridiculous. Please help me with this is very annoying. I bought this watch only for workouts tracking