Huawei Watch GT (LiteOS)/Huawei Health Bugs and suggestions

Show first post

442 replies

Userlevel 3
I have just bought the watch a week ago and when I check calories after a training session or total calories burned in a day is wrong. For exemple în One day I got between 400 - 500 calories. If I lift heavy weights how in 2 hours of training I burn only 400 calories is ridiculous. Please help me with this is very annoying. I bought this watch only for workouts tracking

Welcome in the magic world of Huawei, where nobody listen to you. 🤣 Right now the watch even miscalculate the footsteps and Huawei dont give firmware update useful (except some embarrassing watchfaces and an useless AOD). Try to sell your watch and buy Garmin. Amen. 😉
Userlevel 2
Hi, I would suggest to reduce the brightness of the watch especially in the evening and at night the screen is too bright. Even on position one
It would be great when the brightness in the automatic mode can be reduced.
Hi huawei community and huawei staff,
I've recently bought a huawei watch gt and I fell enthusiast about it.
My only concern is about two issues:
- Strava connection (it's likely to be developed in the future)
- Total calories count (not sure it will be in the next releases)
I mean that the watch only calculates the "active" burnt calories, while a total calories count will be really usefule for those interested in fitness, diet...
The watch measures the heart rate and knows age and body weight. A total calories counter would be very easy to develop, based on such data.
I hope it will come in the next future.
Have a nice day
It's too bright at night to wear to use the sleep tracker. Every time you move the watch face comes on and illuminates the whole room. It causes sleep disturbance. Setting 1 it's lowest setting is like sleeping with a torch that keeps flashing on. Way too bright

I now have the huawei P30 Pro and the gt watch. When I had the Samsung galaxy s7 I had the samsung geer fit 2 watch as well. That watch was brilliant. And you could turn the brightness right down so it didn't disturb your sleep. It also had Loads of watch faces, that looked cool as well as third party app integration. My watch face made it look just like a pip boy from fallout 3

The Huawei watch gt seems very lacking in comparison. The few watch faces are unimaginative, uninspiring and look like cartoon renderings. The watch has very different step count to the phone and to a pedometer. It shows me my phone is ringing, but doesn't tell me I've received a message or display said message. It seems basic and cheap. Probably end up going back to the Samsung gear fit 2.
Userlevel 1
Watch can be set to night mode for nights. It wont bother then.

I used to like this watch a lot, but it seems to get worse on every update. Sleep tracking has gone worse, so have the heart rate monitoring, suggestions are not listened (still no way to add something like football to own exercises for examble, no "Other exercise" mode with gps on etc.). So that is the reason why I think I will change GT to a Polar product. I will leave this watch for normal use, since I do like the design and battery lasts over a week, but this just is not good for sports. Polar Vantage or Ignite would be much much better.
Userlevel 1
I have just bought the watch a week ago and when I check calories after a training session or total calories burned in a day is wrong. For exemple în One day I got between 400 - 500 calories. If I lift heavy weights how in 2 hours of training I burn only 400 calories is ridiculous. Please help me with this is very annoying. I bought this watch only for workouts tracking

I think that watch just counts extra calories. So you have to add your basic amount of burned calories to that number which is given by watch. Not sure about this, but it does not make any sense otherwise. You can count your basic calory burn with calculators like this: https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
Userlevel 5
Badge
My opinion - it's time to close this thread and move it to the archive.
Userlevel 4
I think is time to sell our watches and look at a different and serious brand that listens to customers and supports them in a long term period of time, like garmin.
Userlevel 3

Nope. Cause I want to tell to everyone came in this thread what kind of brand Huawei is.
I have also compiled as many review as possible to tell that to everyone. Just in case... 🤣
Userlevel 5
Badge

My opinion - it's time to close this thread and move it to the archive.Nope. Cause I want to tell to everyone came in this thread what kind of brand Huawei is.
I have also compiled as many review as possible to tell that to everyone. Just in case... 🤣

You will have to do it again. This thread will disappear. Read this.
Hi everyone,

I'm contacting you today about a suggestion for the GT watch, the Workout options.

It would be nice to have an option of resistance training (weights) and cross fit.

Is it something that could be implemented?

Best regards,
Tom
Userlevel 5
Badge
No
Userlevel 3
LOL. There will bo nothing more included. Since the Watch GT2 Huawei will do nothing more for features.
We are waiting sionce month for a fu...ing App to use very cool watchfaces. Nothing happed....Support "Yeh...i will redirect your request directly to...bla bla bla". Trained monkeys with bullshit bingo answers for all questions.

Nothing will happend and thats the reason i never buy huawei again - like samsung. Same shit
It's too bright at night to wear to use the sleep tracker. Every time you move the watch face comes on and illuminates the whole room. It causes sleep disturbance. Setting 1 it's lowest setting is like sleeping with a torch that keeps flashing on. Way too bright

I now have the huawei P30 Pro and the gt watch. When I had the Samsung galaxy s7 I had the samsung geer fit 2 watch as well. That watch was brilliant. And you could turn the brightness right down so it didn't disturb your sleep. It also had Loads of watch faces, that looked cool as well as third party app integration. My watch face made it look just like a pip boy from fallout 3

The Huawei watch gt seems very lacking in comparison. The few watch faces are unimaginative, uninspiring and look like cartoon renderings. The watch has very different step count to the phone and to a pedometer. It shows me my phone is ringing, but doesn't tell me I've received a message or display said message. It seems basic and cheap. Probably end up going back to the Samsung gear fit 2.

Simply turn on the Don't disturb option and the watch will not turn on every time you move 😉
Userlevel 1
Dear all

here is my suggestion

1) Firmware, OS of the watch
a) Option on touch screen to have a beep every hour or every half hour
b) Second screen for dual clock
c) BT and GPS enable/disable option
d) Option for watch face quick change (hold the face to change)
e) Forecasting the weather based on the atmospheric pressure tendency by barometer
f) Altitude by barometer
g) Alarm/schedule reminding with date selection, repeat events (Sun, Mon, … Sat, bi-weekly, Monthly)

2) Huawei Health
a) Transfer watch faces via local file import, QR code
b) Delete factory watch faces to release more space for other faces
Userlevel 4
Dear all

here is my suggestion

1) Firmware, OS of the watch
a) Option on touch screen to have a beep every hour or every half hour
b) Second screen for dual clock
c) BT and GPS enable/disable option
d) Option for watch face quick change (hold the face to change)
e) Forecasting the weather based on the atmospheric pressure tendency by barometer
f) Altitude by barometer
g) Alarm/schedule reminding with date selection, repeat events (Sun, Mon, … Sat, bi-weekly, Monthly)

2) Huawei Health
a) Transfer watch faces via local file import, QR code
b) Delete factory watch faces to release more space for other faces

Suggestions will stay suggestions
Userlevel 3

Its a lot easier to get Trump to retire as Huawei to “make suggestions” real. 
We did not get simple watchfaces….and you suggest THIS? Nice try