Answered

Huawei Watch Gt shows less steps than Huawei Health

• 17 November 2018
  • 30 replies

• Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
I have a Huawei Mate 10 pro and a Huawei Watch Gt. In the Huawei Health app it says step count is combined of phone and watch. But on the watch it only shows the steps counted by the watch. But I don't wear the watch the complete day. Therefore I want the watch to show the combined step count of watch and phone. I don't know how to do this.
icon

Best answer by MBDeaks 21 November 2018, 15:22

I have a Huawei Mate 10 pro and a Huawei Watch Gt. In the Huawei Health app it says step count is combined of phone and watch. But on the watch it only shows the steps counted by the watch. But I don't wear the watch the complete day. Therefore I want the watch to show the combined step count of watch and phone. I don't know how to do this.

Hi Helge, there is currently no way of displaying total step count average between watch and phone on your Watch GT. Your Watch GT will show the steps counted on your watch only. Your app will show the integration between watch and phone.

For example: If your phone has counted more steps that your watch, then the app will show that step number. If your Watch has counted more than your phone, then the app will show this step number.

Hope this helps
View original

30 replies

Hi Helge, I have a similar issue with my P20 and my Huawei Watch 2. While I do not have a solution to your problem, I have tested it and can say that you should go by the step count displayed on the watch, as it is likely to be more accurate. The built in footstep counting feature on the phone is not very accurate, if you shake the your phone, your step count will go up. The same doesn't happen with the watch.

Unfortunately this won't solve your problem if you don't wear your watch all day.
I would guess if you were to send an email to the developers on Google Play store of the Huawei health app and the Huawei wear app, they may be able to do something about it or pass it onto the relevant department.
Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Helge, there is currently no way of displaying total step count average between watch and phone on your Watch GT. Your Watch GT will show the steps counted on your watch only. Your app will show the integration between watch and phone.

For example: If your phone has counted more steps that your watch, then the app will show that step number. If your Watch has counted more than your phone, then the app will show this step number.

Hope this helps
I recently changed from W1 to a GT and I must admit that the quality of this watch is nothing short of astounding. I miss the option to reply to messages and answer calls on the W1 but overall the fitness tracking and sleep tracking has more than made up for this.

However I am having a small issue in that when I start a workout on my watch which is usually outdoor cycling it tracks all the important information and counts towards my daily targets for exercise on the health app but doesn't count towards my daily target on the watch.

For example today on my health app I have done 42 minutes of exercise and on my watch 10 minutes, which is especially odd being that my phone has been in my office all day and my watch has been on me all day.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Userlevel 2

Hope this helps

Hi all,
As @MBDeaks explained it is exactly how it works. Thank you for your help! You can also send your suggestions directly to the developers of Huawei Health app to email: huaweiyunwei@huawei.com

Thank you!
Hi there,
Has this been resolved at all. I have just got the new GT watch and like it, however am annoyed that the App shows a combination or the highest figure between the phone and the watch.

Can you simply select where the app takes the steps from. Ideally you only want it from the watch and not from both sources.

Cheers.
John
Userlevel 2
Im not happy my post has been deleted when this topic only give the exact answers that I said make no sense.

So I carry my phone all day and wear watch all day. Yesterday my watch was saying I'd done 3000 steps and my phone saying something like 6200 (I now can't remember the exact figures). This is a big difference and from the answers I've read the phone is displaying the higher amount as it has recorded the higher amount. I expect a difference between the 2 but not 3000 steps different.

Wich is correct for my day ?? If it is the phone then is there a problem with the watch not recording steps correctly?
Userlevel 3
Badge
I am selling my watch GT, back to Fitbit charge 2, the app is great and work's well, unlike Huawei Health, I can't stand how it doubles the step count if carrying your phone, absolutely ridiculous "feature" that can't be knocked off?
My work around was this, wear the watch, find the health app, deny all permissions then force stop the app, this will stop the phone counting step's. I then allowed the apps permissions every few days, synced up then deny and force stop again. It's ridiculous I had to find this out, if I'd known I'd have got an Amazfit Verge, as there app is much much better, not as good as Fitbit but better that Huawei Health.
Hope this helps.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Woodstar the watch always displays whichever has the highest count (watch or phone). I find that if you walk around a bit without your phone, the Huawei Health app will always display the watch count.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Nope, it combines the 2, loads on here about it, absolutely useless unless fixed.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Woodstar It makes up the difference yes. The reason why Huawei have done this is because, for example, like tonight, I've put my watch on charge. My phone has carried on counting where my watch counted to. At the moment, Huawei Health shows 100 or so more steps than my watch, because I've had my watch on charge and my phone has been counting.

On a normal day though, Huawei Health shows what my watch has counted, because I walk around more with my watch than I do my phone. It doesn't double count and combine, the phone just takes over if it's counted more steps.

I can see how this can be annoying because ultimately you wear the watch all the time, so why not have that as the only source.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Its annoying because I want a choice, phone, wearable or both.
You can't have the watch as the only source, that's the problem, if it is, tell me how I can turn the phone off?
Hi,
I have a honor 10 view and a Huawei watch 2 and when I exercise with watch 2 the app, health, on my phone won't sync exercise. It's sync steps and heart rate and sleep, no problem, but exercise no.
I had to download Google fit to sync exercise with phone but should original phone app do it???
Thanks
Userlevel 2
I own an Honor 8 Pro (Emui 8.0.0.378) and a Huawei Watch GT-6ED (firmware1.0.5.36).
The behavior of the Health app (see 9.0.4.320) is really ridiculous. It is not at all true as someone writes that Health shows the steps of the device in which they are counted more: in my case Health always shows the sum of the steps counted on the smartphone and on the wearable.
But this is absurd: the Watch GT is always with me, while the phone not, but we do not talk about the steps of two different people! It's always me!
It is ridiculous that it is not possible to choose to display only the steps of the smartwatch and NOT those of the smartphone.
Is it so difficult to implement this feature?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Absolutely spot on, this issue has been raised for literally years and still they do nothing!!
My advice, sell it get a Fitbit or Amazfit Stratos, verge, or mi band. The apps absolutely work really well with there wearables unlike Huawei. My GT is for sale, still no one wants to buy it!
Says it all really, unfortunately.
Userlevel 4
It’s a known issue. I recently switched to iPhone and this issue is fixed. The iOS version works flawlessly compared to the android crap
Userlevel 2
It’s a known issue. I recently switched to iPhone and this issue is fixed. The iOS version works flawlessly compared to the android crap

The iOS version works better only because Health app can not import steps count from the phone.
Or simply the Huawei developers works only with iPhones: nobody of them own an Huawei/Honor phone...
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Have you tried unpairing the devices, then pairing them back again with your mobile phones?

If you are having the same issue, a reset should do the thing. On the watch, just navigate to Settings, then select Unpair and reset. Then pair the two devices again.

Nevertheless, if you are having the same issue, can you please PM me the serial numbers of the watches so I can look further into this?

You can find this info on the box of the device or on the back of the watch.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 3
Badge
Max, are you really serious? This issue has been raised for literally years!!! Its nothing to do with firmware it's all your wearables with the very Android devices you make and sell, just search this forum and Google it, it's a well known issue that you guys know about, I've got transcripts from live chat, emails the lot but you refuse to fix it!!!
Honestly as soon as my current contract is up I will never buy Huawei anything again, the customer service is absolutely shocking.
Userlevel 4
Its shouldn't be that big a thing to fix, just stop the app using the phone pedometer. Can't be that difficult? I actually surprised there isn't a way to turn of the pedometer on an android phone like there is on iOS. The Huawei Health app works perfect on iOS BTW
Userlevel 2
Hi all,

Have you tried unpairing the devices, then pairing them back again with your mobile phones?

If you are having the same issue, a reset should do the thing. On the watch, just navigate to Settings, then select Unpair and reset. Then pair the two devices again.

Nevertheless, if you are having the same issue, can you please PM me the serial numbers of the watches so I can look further into this?

You can find this info on the box of the device or on the back of the watch.

Best wishes,
Max

Unpair, reset and pair again doesn't help: steps in Health app are always the combination of the watch and the smartphone (Honor 8 Pro).
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you for taking your time to report on the situation and providing us with further information.

We have taken your feedback, opinions and comments into account and escalated the provided information further to the appropriate departments.

Should we have any news, we will keep you updated on the situation!

Best wishes,
Userlevel 2
I'm sorry to report late.
I always thought that the Health app made a sum of the steps counted by the smartphone and the smartwatch. Actually I understood that this is not the case.
Last Sunday I took a long walk wearing the Watch GT and carrying in my pocket my Honor 8 Pro: both devices then counted more or less the same steps. At the end of the day the Health app reported a count very close to the one indicated in the smartwatch, a few tens of steps higher.
The other day, however, I do not know why, Healt reported a difference of 700/800 steps (more) than the smartwatch.
It seems therefore that the count sums the steps of both devices only in some cases, but I do not understand which ones.
I think the best solution is to allow the user to be able to view (and store) in the app only the steps detected by the smartwatch excluding those of the mobile phone. Several user I think ask the same: I don't know why Huawei developers doesn't implements this feature.

I also point out that the display of the steps on the smartwatch does not always occur in real time: it happens especially in the morning when I wake up, where the steps seem to update late, and even when you look at the watch while walking.
I do not understand if it depends on the selected watch face.
In any case there is talk of an "error" of a few units and is not a big problem.
Userlevel 3
Badge
We've been asking for this for literally years, just sell it if you can, get a Fitbit or any Mi band, their wearables and apps actually work, unlike Huawei.
We've been asking for this for literally years, just sell it if you can, get a Fitbit or any Mi band, their wearables and apps actually work, unlike Huawei.

Thank you Amy for sending me here. ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Have enough of this GT "smartwatch"

Ill go to samsung galaxy watch 42mm
4 days battery life is little, but open for third party apps
And live community and Real support
Same problem here. The application needs to be fixed. The Health App is reporting not only the steps from the watch but the phone and the phone and watch are with me at all time.