Answered

Huawei Watch Gt shows less steps than Huawei Health

• 17 November 2018
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 3
I can understand wanting the phone to count steps if that's your only option. However, we've all bought a wearable and we want that to count steps. Having that figure overwritten by an overestimate from the phone makes having the wearable pointless for step counting !

A simple option in the app settings would probably work for everybody:-

Step counting: Phone / Watch / Combined (highest) / Combined (average)

For me, you could just disable the phone counting if you're using a wearable that provides step counting.
I can understand wanting the phone to count steps if that's your only option. However, we've all bought a wearable and we want that to count steps. Having that figure overwritten by an overestimate from the phone makes having the wearable pointless for step counting !

A simple option in the app settings would probably work for everybody:-

Step counting: Phone / Watch / Combined (highest) / Combined (average)

For me, you could just disable the phone counting if you're using a wearable that provides step counting.

That would be the most logical thing to do and simple enough to implement. Please make it so!
I have a watch 2 and a p20 pro and a band 2 pro, and I don't have this problem. The watch 2 is good but its step count isn't 100% accurate. I feel it does miss some steps every now and then.
When I have my phone and my wearable along all day the difference on 10 000 steps is often 100 to 1000 more on the phone. I recon this is less of a double counting issue and more of that these steps were just not recognized by the watch.
The only feature I'd want is my watch or band to show the total steps and not only the stepps recorded on the wearable
I know I’m new but I would of thought that this is a basic problem, and when we spend so much on products a simple problem like this should be sort very quickly. You are giving away thousands of these watches and people are going to be thinking the whole brand is rubbish
Userlevel 5
This isn't a new problem, its been on going since the GT was released and never fixed, doubt it ever will be.
Userlevel 3
Same problem here! Please fix it!