Huawei Watch GT specs

• 16 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Have a few questions about the new watch and the keynote was quite brief..

1. What OS is it running
  2. Is it Bluetooth or LTE
  3. Can someone just send me one please lol

9 replies

Userlevel 4
It looks like a beast of a machine, doesn't it!?

Full specs are here, it's running on a proprietary Huawei OS, and is BT4.2

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/wearables/watch-gt/
A bit of a let down to be honest.

I wanted everything in the Huawei Watch 2 Classic, but on a faster processor.

Negatives:
NFC but cannot be used for Google Pay / TFL.
No music storage (so can don't have to take phone on run).
Tied-down OS (no app store).
Still has time notches on the bezel (looks silly with a digital face)

All seem a step backwards to me, as they were all on the Huawei Watch 2 Classic.

Positives:
Faster processor
Fully water proof (for swimming)
Longer battery life

I was holding out for this for my first Smart Watch purchase, as was going to buy the Huawei Watch 2 Classic weeks ago then heard about the Huawei Watch GT being announced.

Looks like the Watch 2 Classic is the one to go for.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I think its more a fitness & health style watch than a smart watch ... I hoping that this has just been released to compete with the links of your Garmin & Fitbit premium devices and in the backround Huawei are working on the Huawei Watch 3 😁
Dose anyone know if there is any plans to connect with Strava? And other 3rd party apps. I got the watch Friday and it really is so limited to what you can do apart from the fitness side what is perfect, really hope the can do an always on display it's annoying having to press a button to look at the time
Dose anyone know if there is any plans to connect with Strava? And other 3rd party apps. I got the watch Friday and it really is so limited to what you can do apart from the fitness side what is perfect, really hope the can do an always on display it's annoying having to press a button to look at the time
It's completely useless as fitness tracker as well since there's massive delay between displaying real time data.

There is no strava sync as well. I tried linking with google fit and MyFitnessPal but no luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,
Here is a quick look at all the specs of the Watch GT, hope you find it helpful:
Dimensions (H x W x D) 46.5 mm x 46.5 mm x 10.6 mm ; Weight: Approximately 46 g (without the strap) ; Size: Wrist coverage range 14~21cm ; Memory: Internal ROM 128 MB, internal RAM 16 MB ; CPU: ARM M4 ; Bluetooth: BT4.2,BLE ; Sensor : Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Magnetometer sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, Barometer sensor ; GPS: Supported ; Battery : 420mAH Nondetachable lithium-ion battery ; Charger Voltage and Current Requirements: 5V 0.5A/1A/1.5A/2A ;
Functions: 24/7 continuous heart rate monitoring, supports resting heart rate, single heart rate, continuous heart rate, and other measuring features; Altitude barometer for mountaineering; Support the US GPS, Russia GLONASS, Europe GALILEO satellite; ALS ambient light monitoring for automatic screen brightness adjusting; Firstbeat professional running guidance; TruSleep (enabled by default, but can be disabled through the Huawei Health app) automatic sleep recognition and data statistics, certified by the CDB Center at Harvard Medical School; Fitness interactions: create groups, manage groups, set default groups, initiate friendly competitions, view daily activity rankings and friendly competition rankings, participate in friendly competitions, and more (requires the Huawei Health app). Running partners: create running groups, create friendly running competitions, view and display group rankings, and more. Tracks, monitors, and identifies types of daily activities, and provides step, calories, activity intensity, activity time, and standing statistics; Exercise statistics on various types of exercises, including Outdoor run, Outdoor walk, Outdoor cycle, Indoor run, Mountain climbe, Pool swim, Open water, Indoor cycle, Free training; Advanced exercise data analysis, including marathon, trail running, and professional training; Notification reminders, including caller ID, SMS, email, calendar, social app notification, and SmartCare (only available on EMUI 9.0 or later); Find My Phone; Wear monitoring: when not worn, automatically enters power-saving mode; Support alarm clock, stopwatch, timer.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Hello

code:
What are the firstbeat metrics that are covered in the Huawei GT ?

Is there going to be synchronization with Strava? When?

Hi all it any one use it in swimming pool I hawe 2 watches with atm5 and all of them just gone mad after swimming pool or steam souna what with gt???
No mention of NFC in the official Huawei UK spec - so is it there or not?? Chinese version has it plus support for Huawei wallet - that would be nice to have.
The biggest disappointment for me is total lack of trails and navigation - both essential for a true outdoor GPS sports watch. Watch 2 has it built in to the activities screens so it can't be difficult to create a route trace and store it for future use.
Sadly the watch is a poor 2nd to my Amazfit Stratosphere at the moment and (if there are no signs of development from Huawei or community) it will probably be sold on. ☹️