Answered

Huawei Watch GT weather not updating

• 20 November 2018
  • 118 replies

Show first post

118 replies

Userlevel 4
I have a Mate20 Pro and 6he WatchGT and both showed my current location as "Drake" which is somewhere that doesn't exist.
So bizarre and when I go into the weather app it takes me to the right place in the accuweather page.

I probably need to have huawei update whatever location data they have for my area as it doesn't seem right.
No idea how as there was no feedback option in the app.

I have this issue, I am in somewhere called Town Parks West which doesn't exist.
Userlevel 1
My watch has now got the location correct but it certainly isn't sunny out there! ☁️
@RizqElder you are right , the watch gets it's update from the Huawei health app .
The weather app has a problem , it is saying ( Sun ) with the crescent icon

It is middle of the night here , why Sun ?
Userlevel 1

Mine too
Userlevel 4

Mine too

Yea I must admit I have this too.
Userlevel 4
Well up until tonight had no issues for the past 8days now I happen to live in somewhere called Botany Bay.... Never even heard of it.
Hello,

I love my new Watch GT, but last update has changed the weather functionality. Before update the weather was just synchronized with phone settings. If in phone was location set manually, the watch has just take this. Afterlast watch update in phone must be activated GPS position location. This consumes phone battery and also gps is not correct. It is different as my real location. I have tested it with more weather apps and on more phones. Without this GPS active location weather in watch does not work. Please change it back how it was to show, synchronise weather also from manual location setup and not only from actuall GPS.

Also please develope some app to create own, custom watch faces. I am missing some classic, elegance watch faces.
I think I figer this out!!! It was simply a conflict between the huawei health app and your's phone weather app. If you go to your watch in the huawei health app and disable weather notifications it will work fine. Hope this can help every one. BTW I have the huawei watch GT, so I can't know if it works for other devices
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey guys,

The latest update should have fixed the issue with the weather app.

I would advise you to disconnect the watch, then reconnect it; it should work as intended.

Nevertheless, if you are having the same issue, please PM me the serial number of your phone and watch and this will be looked further into.

Best wishes,
Max
I am using a Samsung Note 9 and my Watch GT is supposed to deliver today. What weather app will I need to have on my phone for the watch to update please.

I have default app .. but i have allowed gps/location/ weather and work fine for my 🙂
Userlevel 1
My Huawei Health App/GT Watch Weather have now stopped updating the weather location. I have ensured that the Huawei Health app and the default weather app have the necessary permissions, and GPS is turned on.

The correct data is being pushed to the watch, because if I turn off weather notifications in the Health App I get nothing shown on the watch, and a message to enable it. Likewise if I change the units (F to C) the change is instant. However, the weather location remains stubbornly on the location where the phone (Mate 20 pro) was last turned on. I have reset the watch back to factory, uninstalled the weather and health app from the phone, and finally fully reset the phone back to factory settings, and 're-paired' the watch to the phone. All with no result.

If I change location, then restart the phone, the watch shows the correct location - until I move locations again - when it stays stuck on my last position/town. So it would appear the issue is with the Health App not updating its location, and not the data link between the phone and the watch. GPS is working as the weather widget shows the correct location.

Anyone any ideas.

Huawei - can the health app be looked at/updated to provide a more robust weather location to push to the watch?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi @Leg2ion,

Did you change the update frequency setting within the weather app, think it's set at 6 hours default which is obviously pretty long and might be all you need to change to fix your issue. Hopefully🤞

Regards Jase
Userlevel 1
Yes I did and no it didn't.
Need to install another app that the native ?????? Are you joking ?????
code:
In my case, as long as I have not opened the Huawei app I do not have weather sync !!!!!! 
Pitiful !
Userlevel 4
@Leg2ion
The update frequency on the watch is not determined by the weather app, the watch gets it updates from the health app, the health app update intervals seem to be every 3 hours sometimes a little longer, so if you have your weather app updating every 1 or 2 hours it will always be in front of the watch, so it's not that the watch is not updating its just taking long, maybe they should add an update intervals option in the health app weather report section.

Also you don't even need a weather app installed to get weather notifications on watch, iv uninstalled mine and just use the Google at a glance widget for my home screen and weather updates.
Userlevel 1
Well, in my instance I am fairly certain the health app is not updating, or is stuck somehow. I live in one area, and work 20 miles away. When I first received the watch is showed the different locations after travelling to work and back. It then resorted to showing a location halfway in between, and wouldn't show the end location - either home or work. However, if I restart the phone at either location - it picks up where it is and this is detailed on the watch, but, again it then does not update when I move locations.

If updating every three hours I would expect the watch to eventually show the correct location - 8 - 10 hours at work and the remainder at home - so at some point a three hrly update must coincide with location.
Userlevel 4
If updating every three hours I would expect the watch to eventually show the correct location - 8 - 10 hours at work and the remainder at home - so at some point a three hrly update must coincide with location.

Yes you are right this is how mine works, mine will show correct location and weather when I'm at work, sometimes it will show like you said a location it picked up on my commute to work but eventually will show my work location and weather, also when I get home its still shows my work location for about 2hours or more then will show my home, if yours is not doing this then maybe there is a fault with the watch, or a setting, preferably a missed setting.

If you have a weather app installed I would suggest you try uninstall the app and see how the watch performs for a few days, and clear cache in the health app settings. Hope this helps. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Many thanks for the suggestions. I have previously cleared the cache, to no avail, though will give it a go again. The only problem with uninstalling the weather app - last time I did it I wasn't sure which one to re-install - and ended up doing a complete phone reset.

I'll have a play with the settings (again) and see if anything changes...
Userlevel 4
@Leg2ion
Just so you know, the weather app that comes with the phone is not a system app which is why you can uninstall it, in fact there are better apps out there, but if you have to have the pre installed app just make a note of its name and I think its listed in the Huawei app gallery, look for it before you uninstall it, there is no need to reset your phone.
Userlevel 1
@Leg2ion
Just so you know, the weather app that comes with the phone is not a system app which is why you can uninstall it, in fact there are better apps out there, but if you have to have the pre installed app just make a note of its name and I think its listed in the Huawei app gallery, look for it before you uninstall it, there is no need to reset your phone.

Well that is what I thought - but buggered if I could find it after un-installing...

Just reset my watch after latest update, so will see how the weather updates go from now. I don't want to do mass resets across the devices/apps, as that will not identify which bit of the puzzle is at fault.

Of note though is that if I change the units from C to F, or back in the app, the change is instant on my watch. So that would indicate the link is good, and it is the actual weather link from the health app that is baulked..?
Userlevel 4

@Leg2ion

Of note though is that if I change the units from C to F, or back in the app, the change is instant on my watch. So that would indicate the link is good, and it is the actual weather link from the health app that is baulked..?

Personally IMO I don't think it's the watch or the health app, I think they are working fine, I think there is an issue with the weather app conflicting with the health app, however I understand you don't want to uninstall the weather app and that's fine, I hope you get to solve the issue soon. 🙂
Userlevel 1
So, thinking laterally, if I were to 'force stop' the weather app then any conflict should stop?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Leg2ion,

I would advise you to try the following and see how the weather app behaves afterwards.

Go to Settings > Apps > Weather > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart Device.

Let me know of the outcome!

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
Cleared the cache, cleared the data, restarted the phone. Watch then showed home location. Went to work in the morning. Watch stubbornly stayed showing home location despite being 20 miles away best part of 12 hours.