I sold my watch GT and now i am free..

Userlevel 2
Hi. I bought Huawei watch gt on Feb. 2019 and tried to use it for 4 months . But it was very annoying. Every thing is problem at this watch. Waiting for watch face market , can not rejecting calls, non-working cardio ring, can not sycn huawei health with google fit, non-working weather location and another boring issues they are all behind now and i am free. Now i sold it half of its price and return to fitbit versa.. Huawei watch GT is the worst experience in my life.. Never do it again..Good luck to you. Bye.

37 replies

Userlevel 4
It's funny, I do today exactly the same : I solded today my watch GT on ebay and I am now happy to stop waiting for improvment and mostly for waiting for "always on display" and "turn off bluetooth". the watch faces are also not pretty and Huawe's inability to listen to his customers. For me, the only thing good about watch GT is its autonomy.
To replace watch GT I bought a Garmin Instinct.

Bye to all and thank you.
Userlevel 1
sold mine too
Userlevel 1
Today I'm selling it too.
Userlevel 3
Congratulation man, I am still trying to sell it but cannot get any offer!
Everyday we are repeating our issues here and nobody care, no fixes and not update available, so why should we care or wait?

In my case the most annoying thing is the Whatsapp notifications issues. I wish I can be free soon
My carrier was literally throwing them at customers with the purchase of a P30 pro. So I got one for "free" and yet I feel pissed. Mind you this watch sells here for 50€ less than a new Apple watch 3. No one is willing to buy it even for 1/3 of the retail price.
I must give props for the design, screen, battery life and some software solutions, but damn the OS in general feels like a market testing prototype, waiting to be improved in a new watch model. Just remember this when buying for a new watch...
Userlevel 5
I sold mine couple of weeks back and bought a Fitbit Versa, its great to be free and to something that actually works as its supposed to.
Userlevel 2
Who wants to buy mine? Also have a p30 Pro with it.
I think Huawei gets the worst year ever.
No Google, no SD, everything will be banned.
No watch updates, no watchfaces.
It's a crisis at the moment with huawei.

I go back to xiaomi. Not everything was good there, but so much better then huawei.

I am very disappointed.

Hope I can sell my products, don't think anyone will buy it.

Thanks huawei.
i want to sell mine too this watch was my first product i ever buy from huawei and will be the last im really happy that i didn't buy any of the smartphone

no Arabic language or face market 👎🏻 i wish if someone tell me before i buy it
Userlevel 5
I just got a galaxy watch yesterday and it's like being able to see after being blind for a year.

Its amazing how bad the GT is in comparison.

Ill keep the GT only because it's not worth selling it but I will caution anyone against trying this watch.
Userlevel 1
I'm thinking to sell this toy. Yes it has a great battery life but that's all. No always on display, bluetooth always on even when I sleep or I play with my daughter, you can't set the altimeter, a lot of bugs, whatch faces horrible, bad notifications. This is a beta version and Huawei doesn't care about customers who bought this product. The answers are always the same and nothing change. Too bad
Userlevel 5
Do it. You won't regret it. Other watches can do so much more you won't believe it.

Huawei could have easily fixed the issues that made this watch a joke and they continue to ignore them (or worse, aren't able to fix). This company is terrible and the development team is a joke.
Userlevel 3
I am close to selling mine as well. I will give them one more chance.
The heart rate monitor was actually good on this apart from strength training. The Galaxy watch with the latest one ui update seemed to have fixed the heart rate monitor issues so basically I also feel the need to now jump ship. Huawei gt lack of watch faces, apps etc. These are big issues. I agree with some people saying that this was a prototype. I expect their next watch to be better.
Userlevel 5
It might. The problem is their customer service and lack of support in general is a much bigger issue. I don't want to support a company that keeps their customers in the dark, repeatedly ignores their requests and flat out refuses to inform anyone of anything. Plus, the issues that we need fixing are easy, low-level developer things. These could have been addressed months ago.

Samsung is literally light years ahead of this company and their watch is a pro device vs a glitchy little toy.

Never again...
Userlevel 3
@Amy @Max Are you even reading these? no replys or help, just a new message saying if you have issues contact the support team. This is terrible customer service!
Userlevel 3
Even that is standard text. They just "fob" you off. They are really do not care about their customers.
The Watch GT is now showing how sub-standard it really is. I am now looking at Samsungs Galaxy Watch and Garmin's offer.
Userlevel 4
Even that is standard text. They just "fob" you off. They are really do not care about their customers.
The Watch GT is now showing how sub-standard it really is. I am now looking at Samsungs Galaxy Watch and Garmin's offer.

After selling the watch GT, I just bought a Garmin Instinct and I have now a usefull watch that save me times and works perfectly (with 12 day of autonomy) while the watch GT made me lose a lot of time.

If you like the look of g-shock, I strongly recommend the Garmin Instinct. And the android app is really really fantastic! I buy it on www.chainreactioncycles.com for 227£ or 267 €.

I like the Huawei smartphone (mine is an 8x honor), but their watches are very bad. And the support and development team also
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Amy @Max Are you even reading these? no replys or help, just a new message saying if you have issues contact the support team. This is terrible customer service!

Hi all,

Yes we are reading everything. And sorry for the lack of support but on the community we focus on getting guidance from fellow community members. Some questions on the community can’t easily be answered by the community members. Thats why we started to redirect you to our official support channels, to speed up getting your issues resolved.
Userlevel 5
Speed up getting issues resolved?

Your method isn't working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I picked up a GT watch and live the 2 week plus battery life, I have no issue with watch faces, updates brought plenty more.

I don't have issue with steps being counted or the sleep being monitored all work as advertised

I can read messages and hangup or pick up a call?

I moved from the smart watch one which allowed me to make calls and view Google maps buts it s compromise as it's battery lasted a day.

My experience is positive and I use a Huawei phone with it, synced to the Huawei health app.

The GPS tracking works well tracking the very few instances I pick up a pace worth noting.

The watch isn't and never had advertised as OS wear so their are no extra apps..

Im sorry if you had a bad experience but I pretty much (sorry) figure it's in part to your expectations to the reality of the device alongside that of user ability.

This is the first ever watch that allows me to read messages, check email, hangup a call and monitor my heart rate constantly with a 2 week battery life

https://youtu.be/i4oxwYRm0GY
Userlevel 1
I picked up a GT watch and live the 2 week plus battery life, I have no issue with watch faces, updates brought plenty more.

I don't have issue with steps being counted or the sleep being monitored all work as advertised

I moved from the smart watch one which allowed me to make calls and view Google maps buts it s compromise as it's battery lasted a day.

My experience is positive and I use a Huawei phone with it, synced to the Huawei health app.

The GPS tracking works well tracking the very few instances I pick up a pace worth noting.

The watch isn't and never had advertised as OS wear so their are no extra apps..

Im sorry if you had a bad experience but I pretty much (sorry) figure it's in part to your expectations to the reality of the device alongside that of user ability.

This is the first ever watch that allows me to read messages, check email, hangup a call and monitor my heart rate constantly with a 2 week battery life

Have we the same watch?
GPS is less accurate than Garmin, but I think it's sufficient for moderate sport activity, so for me this is not a problem. But I have to say that an altimeter that cannot be set manually is useless if you walk in mountain, and Huawei doesn't claim anywhere that you can't set it. I don't know which kind of messages you can read, but I can read only WhatsApp messages, often double messages: about email and calendar reminder I can read only the object, not the content. Do you think that this is good? Well, we have different standards. I am not fanatic of always on display, but I think it could be usefull. We have already discussed about bluetooth always on: I am a biologist and I have my opinion but I don't like your answers about this issue because they go around the point: it seems that you think that customers have stupid problems while you, the only clever man in the world, knows the TRUTH. I can only say that Huawei doesn't specific anywhere that bluetooth is always on and this is disrespectful of customers in my opinion. So if I were you, I would be more prudent before state that the bad opinion about the watch is due to the expectations of the customers.
And if you are looking for LIKE, I suggest a little bit of humility.
Userlevel 1
Errata corrige
Calendar reminder are ok
Userlevel 2
My watch just stopped working after update, think I'm moving to Garmin and with Huawei in the mess it is ill move to another phone manufacturer as well.
Userlevel 2

Are you a Huawei employee?

Can't think why else you would lie.
Userlevel 5
this guy have a different opinion than yours and you call him a liar? what about you?