I sold my watch GT and now i am free..

Show first post

37 replies

Bluetooth will always be On while it is paired to the phone since it is continually syncing data, including heart rate and sleep patterns while you sleep. If user's don't want it to be connected all the time it has to be manually unpaired.

The Apple watch has a persistent Bluetooth connection to the device it is paired with for the same data sync.
Userlevel 1
Bluetooth will always be On while it is paired to the phone since it is continually syncing data, including heart rate and sleep patterns while you sleep. If user's don't want it to be connected all the time it has to be manually unpaired.

The Apple watch has a persistent Bluetooth connection to the device it is paired with for the same data sync.

Yes you are right. But the point is that if the phone is not connected to the watch (for exemple: when I sleep I don't need a connection), the watch will continue to emit bluetooth waves because you can't switch it off. For some users this is not a problem. For me it's a big problem because my wrist is under my head and I don'like to have another source of electromagnetic waves directly in contact with my brain. Yes, I could switch off the watch, but in that case I can't monitor my sleeping, which is one function that in this watch works well. Another solution is to sell the watch. I can't understand why it's so difficoult to accept that some customers don't want the bluetooth always on. Why the customers cannot choose?
Userlevel 2
If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Watch just switched off after last update and won't come on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Ok to clarify, I don't work for Huawei, I am a consumer like yourself.

If your own expectations are not met them only you can be the judge if the product meets your standards.

My experience with the watch is polar opposite to yours, I've only had positive experience with my GT watch, this doesn't make my opinion invalid nor does it make yours more valid.

If you don't like the watch then buy another brand. I don't understand what you are trying to achieve by repeating your misgivings over a device that others use and enjoy.

@lcp I can read text messages, email subject lines , calender notifications and WhatsApp headers, the watch doesn't claim to do more and my expectations are thus met.

@Invader ZimIf your watch is faulty take it to the store you purchased it from and they will replace or repair as per UK consumer rights.
Userlevel 1
@cillphone
I am not trying to achieve nothing by repeting my misgivings, so you have nothing to understand. Maybe the only thing that you should understand is that the title of this topic is "I sold my watch GT and now I am free..": in this topic people unsatisfied of the watch are speaking to each other about their bad experience, only this. You hit the target saying "if you don't like the watch then buy another brand": we are speaking about that! If your experience is good I am happy for you, but if you don't agree with these comments you can simply move to another topic.
Userlevel 1
@chillphone
This is my last comment to you.
Just to clarify: I've never said that my opinion is more valid than yours, I've only said that I didn't like some answers of you and it's a different thing. I have cancer and I get angry when people speak about possible health issues in a banal way. And now stop.
Goodbye Cillphone
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Here is Mays update which addresses some "missing" features.

Since launch additional features have continued to be developed for the GT watch line including:
Watch faces, better accuracy, always on display etc..

Userlevel 3
@chillphone I also like the Watch GT so far, but the sleep tracking doesn't 100% work as you say:

https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/smart-wakeup-is-broken-sleep-tracking-watch-gt-p30-pro-but-not-only-4282

... Which creates a very bad situation where I need to switch to Mi band for sleep tracking, since smart alarms in Watch GT + Huawei Health with P30 Pro is still broken.
What's worse, there's no official feedback from the dev team (apart from generic template answers), so we don't know if this is going to be fixed at all.
Picked up a refurbished fenix 5 for $250.
Really happy with the watch overall.

I guess that is it for the huawei watch gt.
I guess no app support and lack of AOD.
Overpriced as well at $200 when it should be only worth $120 max.

If you intending to buy the Huawei watch gt, rather get a secondhand one cheaper. Its really not worth the asking price.
I am on the same side with @chillphone. I had my first GT Sport (pre-order), sold it and brought a Galaxy Watch (46mm, bulky, HR is a joke, even with the new OneUI OS; because someone mentioned before), I've return it after a month and went back to GT Classic.

In the same price range (+/-30%) I think is the best choice and it works as advertised. I am using it with a Android One phone (Nokia 7 Plus) without any issues (except the bluetooth disconnection issue but I've solved it with normal pairing instead of BLE simple pairing).

Last update brought also the `cover to turn off` which is a very nice feature (I really like it on Galaxy Watch over the night)
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Picked up a refurbished fenix 5 for $250.
Really happy with the watch overall.

I guess that is it for the huawei watch gt.
I guess no app support and lack of AOD.
Overpriced as well at $200 when it should be only worth $120 max.

If you intending to buy the Huawei watch gt, rather get a secondhand one cheaper. Its really not worth the asking price.

The AOD was in the last update