Answered

Is the Watch GT compatible with my phone?

• 11 April 2019
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Retired Community Manager
  • 2391 replies
icon

Best answer by Amy 11 April 2019, 10:29

The Watch GT is compatible with any device running Android 4.4 or later and IOS 9.0 and above. Some functions are limited due to the fact that the watch needs to be connected to a EMUI based device to enable sub functions so we advise you to test it if you have the option and see if it has all the features that you are looking for.

Need help pairing your Watch GT? Read this thread.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
The Watch GT is compatible with any device running Android 4.4 or later and IOS 9.0 and above. Some functions are limited due to the fact that the watch needs to be connected to a EMUI based device to enable sub functions so we advise you to test it if you have the option and see if it has all the features that you are looking for.

Need help pairing your Watch GT? Read this thread.
Userlevel 4
The Watch GT is INCOMPATIBLE with ALL non Huawei/Honor Android 9 devices.

All Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, Motorola, Nokia, Poco, Pixel....etc phones running Android 9 are NOT Compatible.

See here: https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/huawei-watch-gt-connection-problem-2916/index6.html
Userlevel 5
Badge
The Watch GT is INCOMPATIBLE with ALL non Huawei/Honor Android 9 devices.

All Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, Motorola, Nokia, Poco, Pixel....etc phones running Android 9 are NOT Compatible.

See here: https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/huawei-watch-gt-connection-problem-2916/index6.html

I must confirm - The Watch GT is incompatible with all non Huawei/Honor phones (Bluetooth problem).

Don't buy it. It is a toy .
Userlevel 3
A beautiful toy, still imperfect...ok

We must maintain confidence, we can hope that the defects will be corrected after a while. In the meantime, the few connected functions offered by this watch should be put aside (it's annoying, no doubt).

Looking back, I find the secondary notifications for my use. It's too limited: without answering SMS, without being able to answer the phone or dictate messages, what's the point ??

Now I am more interested in everything else and I am quite satisfied in a global way.

I'm just disappointed that the barometric altimeter is just a big joke (it can't be calibrated...so it's useless). The guys who designed it didn't go to the mountains !

I am satisfied and I use:
- the smart alarm
- the timer
- activity monitoring
- sleep
- heart
- the clock (thanks AOD !)
- integrated GPS and mapping (running, cycling, hiking...)

And how beautiful, light and autonomous it is: I'm happy about it, even without this Bluetooth bullshit!
So if the bug is fixed a day, alleluia :o))
Userlevel 5
Badge
Activity monitor - with each new FW - has different criteria. Which are the right ones? It's a toy.

In Honor Watch Magic - twin Watch GT - sleep monitoring is detected when the watch is on the desk. It's unbelievable too.

There will be no improvement. Even this forum has been abandoned by the service.
Has anyone linked their Watch GT to another phone other than Huawei? I got a Watch GT coming for a phone I got for my sister. She has the shiney P30 Pro and I currently have the Samsung S10+. Is it easy to connect?
I'm using this watch with oneplus 5 without problems.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@fudgy31 - I moved your post to this thread which covers Watch GT compatibility. Hope this helps and your sister enjoys her new device.
My sister absolutely loves the P30 Pro almost as much as I love my S10+. I wont be upgrading to the latest Samsung when its announced, im going to be looking at a phone from you guys thats comparable with the Galaxy Fold
I thought my device was EMUI based?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@fudgy31 - sorry, not quite sure what you mean. This thread was created to help (potential) Watch GT users with non-Huawei phones see if their phone is compatible with it.
Userlevel 1
Hi all!
I have an Iphone8. The watch works good, but I think the App Health is limitated, it has many features less than the same application for Android. For example on Android you can select which kind of notification you want ( f.e. if you want telegram, Wp, messages, mails...), on IOS application you can only select a general "notification" and you receive all them.
Second thing, but the main important for me: the altimeter on IOS system seems to work not good. I try to reset the watch e re-connect on a iphone and after 15 minutes the level was 0 meters ( but I know that I was clearly around 50m up the sea level). I have connected the watch to a Samsung phone and in few minutes the level was perfect.
Hope that this situation will be fixed in the next update.