Make sensitivity of Raise Wrist to Wake Configurable

• 12 February 2019
  • 7 replies

• Crouching Tiger
  • 17 replies
To aid battery life, it would be good if the raise wrist to wake sensitivity could be configurable. I find the watch wakes a lot when I am just working at my desk and not specifically wanting to look at the watch.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Jon,

Thank you for sharing this suggestion with us. I see that you have also responded tothis thread about battery issues. Have you tried turning this function off completely? Does it make a difference in battery life?
That was why I suggested it. I am doing some tests so we will see whether it makes a significant difference.
@Amy Tests so far show that turning it off adds about 2% per day to battery life. But not great from a usability point of view.

I think if you could adjust the sensitivity you could get good usability and 1% battery per day adding up to at least another day between charges...
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Jon,

Thank you for the update. I will share this with our development team!
To aid battery life, it would be good if the raise wrist to wake sensitivity could be configurable. I find the watch wakes a lot when I am just working at my desk and not specifically wanting to look at the watch.

I completely agree with Jon. I have had/used a number of smart/sport/activity tracking watches over the last few years and have recently purchased a Watch GT specifically for the great battery life given the high volume of gps assisted activities that record each week. The wrist gesture functionality is pretty standard across all of the watches that I have owned/used in the past and, typically, is a useful feature allowing me tp grab the time without swiping the screen or pressing a button. The sensitivity of this gesture on the Watch GT is just too much and, for me and Jon at least, distracts from what I assume the overall "usability" should be. A configurable sensitivity or at least a firmware change to de-sensitize what we have now would be most welcome.
Hi Jon,

Thank you for the update. I will share this with our development team!

Hi Amy.....did you receive any feedback from the development team re. this suggestion and/or is there any timeline that you are able to share with the community re. this? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @unixtsg,

Welcome on the community! Unfortunately I don't have any new information.

Maybe @Ove is able to share something?