Question

My GT watch wont track heart rate

• 20 August 2019
  • 6 replies

• Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
Hi! I got my GT watch active just 1 day ago and so far it is amazing to use, except it wont track my heart rate at all. I've got an Xiaomi mi mix 3 and the huawei health app works fine. The only buggy feature is when I try to turn off the heart rate 24/7 feature it won't turn off, when I go back in the app it is just activated again, I'd love some help as to how I just go about, I'm mainly using the watch for working out so the heart rate monitor is pretty important! Thanks in advance

UPDATE : The watch only registers my heart rate when I hold it 1cm from my arm, then the green light starts to flash and registers the heart rage, shouldn't it do this when its against my arm? Cuz so far it has not....

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Ares some community members have had issues with monitoring their heart rate due to tattoos on their wrists. Might this be the issue?

https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/watch-gt-no-heart-rate-monitor-1236
I have exactly the same issue. I purchased my Watch GT 2 days ago. Health app and Firmware all updated to latest versions. I am happy with the watch but I when I try to enable the continuous heart rate monitoring it just goes to disabled immediately on exiting. I have tried uninstalling the app and trying again, cleaning back of watch etc but still no heart rate reading on the watch.

I do not have tattoos, so it cannot be that issue.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@DeVillager thanks, I'll flag for the support team look into further or perhaps @Ove is aware of this issue?
Userlevel 1
Try to read this:

https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/continous-heart-rate-monitor-not-working-in-huawei-health-app-6950#post40234
@lcp thank you. Hopefully the promised update will sort.
Userlevel 1
@lcp thank you. Hopefully the promised update will sort.

Yes it works! I had the same issue, then I downloaded the Huawei Health version 9.0.6.482 from AppGallery and now it's all ok.