Next firmware update

• 1 September 2019
  • 45 replies

Show first post

45 replies

Userlevel 3
So... when is the next firmware update again?
Userlevel 5
Badge

When you buy GT2... But.. don't do it..;)
Userlevel 1
I believe there will be an update for watch gt.
Userlevel 3

So... when is the next firmware update again?I believe there will be an update for watch gt.

What will she bring?
Userlevel 1

What will she bring?

I don't know... but I would like them to activate the stress function, to add the new GT2 dials and to add indoor rowing to the exercises.
Userlevel 5
Badge

So... when is the next firmware update again?I believe there will be an update for watch gt.
What will she bring?

Esperanto language. Huawei listen to us:)
Userlevel 2

What will she bring?

I know guys! I learnt that a new update will come soon and “fix some bugs”. I am so excited and I can not wait for it 🙂
Userlevel 2
I know guys! I learnt that a new update will come soon and “fix some bugs”. I am so excited and I can not wait for it :)

I have a feeling about "BIG" update after the sales day of GT 2. Pls don't let us down @Ove !
Userlevel 5
Badge

I know guys! I learnt that a new update will come soon and “fix some bugs”. I am so excited and I can not wait for it :)
Pls don't let us down @Ove !

@Ove ... he doesn't have time to answer...
Userlevel 1

Pls don't let us down @Ove !
@Ove ... he doesn't have time to answer...

yeah... probably because we are going to be left even more alone... Once that GT wont be be the flagship, we will be completely left out.
Keep dreaming @sdsi and @Dat
Userlevel 3
Still no firmware update yet... It has been almost 2 months now...
Do we have to wait until Watch GT2 sells 2 million pieces before we can get an update?
A little heads up would be greatly appreciated...
Userlevel 5
I fear we have been forgot about.
Userlevel 2
Allow phonecalls to be answered on the watch, but it answers on loud speaker on the phone, or gives you the choice to have it answer I. Earpiece too
Userlevel 3
OK. I don't want to sound complaining, BUT...

OK. I understand marketing laws and dynamics, it's alright, BUT...

OK. I know that resources are scarce and they need to be used to polish up new products, BUT...

Looking at the whole thing from my point of view (Your Average User), that's not the way to make customers love your brand. I bought my watch GT in august (little did I know the GT2 was scheduled to launch on october, doh!), and so far, I'm quite happy with it anyways. It's the very first Huawei product I own (I'm basically a Samsung guy). BUT, if you think I'll dump it for a GT2 just because you've decided not to update it anymore, well you're completely WRONG. What's more, I AM ACTUALLY NOT BUYING ANY OTHER PRODUCT FROM HUAWEI (clear enough?).

Let's break it down: I don't expect my watch doing things it can't do. It has no speaker, no mike, it's not a smartwatch and I didn't buy it for that fancy stuff. So I'm perfectly aware that some of the features of the GT2 can't be implemented at all.

(Again) BUT, guys, come on, the things we all are asking here are not rocket science: it wouldn't take longer than a couple of working days of a couple of skilled coders, provided the right tools, to cook and distribute an update to enable custom watchfaces, stress measurement, two or three new sport modes and yes, finally, some bug fixes.

I speak for myself, but I'm pretty sure everyone here would agree: stopping support one year after the launch will not push people to buy the next gadget. Not me.

The only result (that's my case as mentioned before) is that people won't buy any other product, and look towards other brands, with just that tad more of support. FitBit, for instance (and I don't think they're the best around), still has support for their first gen smartbands. (did I ring some bell there?)

If you need some help, I'm an IT senior expert, I live in Rome, Italy, my house is less than 1 mile far from Rome Huawei HQ (I see a lot of you guys jogging along the road in the morning, next time I'll see if you wear Huawei to monitor your exercise, hahaha): I got some spare time, I'd be happy to put together the lines of code we all need... (joking, but not completely).

Come on, show us something !
It will bee great if you select an interval for heart rate. On some other device you can select an interval. In this device there is only a continuous reading period. Also add the stress function since it can bee a good advance for it.
Userlevel 3

I have a feeling about "BIG" update after the sales day of GT 2. Pls don't let us down@Ove !

When exactly is the “sales day of GT 2”? 

Userlevel 3

I just noticed that the survey has been closed. Hopefully they gathered useful information and the developers will get one meaningful firmware update soon...

Userlevel 3

1.0.10.18 ... and then!

Userlevel 1

Continuous without receiving the update. Possibly not released in Portugal.

Userlevel 3

I received the update now