Answered

No email notifications on Watch GT

• 15 January 2019
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello good day,

I have acquired a gt clock and I have synchronized it with a huawei p10, but I do not receive email notifications from the huawei application, from the rest of applications if it works.
I have tried with an honor band 4 and if I receive notifications.
I have also observed that the minutes of exercise that the watch puts in green color do not transfer well to the health application.
You can help me, thanks.
icon

Best answer by hendrik 1 May 2019, 10:32

Hallelujah! Software update 1.0.7.42 fixed this!

All hail to the developers!
View original

18 replies

Hallelujah! Software update 1.0.7.42 fixed this!

All hail to the developers!
Exactly the same issue with mate 10 pro and Watch GT !
third party email software notification works fine !
Hi everyone,

I have the exact same problem.

All other notifications work, except for mail...

Using the watch GT and a mate 9

Thanks for your help!

Martin
It occurs to me that the watch not only vibrates but also halts/freezes for a few seconds after receiving an email. Might help in troubleshooting?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @hendrik, welcome back!

Thanks for reporting this to us!

After having the firmware updated it might actually be worth it to try the factory reset again.

If it does not solve the issue, let us know, and we'll escalate it again to our developments team.

Let's hope that this is going to get sorted out ASAP!

Kind regards,
Max
@Max I wouldn't mind doing that, but that erases all of my activities in the App as well, no? Would do it if I was sure it was going to fix it, not just for trying to "swithching it off and on again"..

Can you reproduce this problem with the same devices on your end?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello everyone!

The 1.0.7.37 firmware update should have fixed this issue; instead, it seems the watch only vibrates when receiving e-mails on the phone. We'll report this to our research&development team and it will be fully fixed in the next update.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by the glitch and we appreciate your patience while we're sorting this out.

Best regards,
Max
Userlevel 1
Hello good afternoon,

I am the same with the latest version of the clock 1.0.7.36 and emui 9 on my phone p10.
Userlevel 1
My watch is fresh and firmware is latest (1.0.7.36). My phone is P9 Plus. I have never seen any google mail notifications even though they show up on my phone.
Are there any updates on this Huawei / Huawei issue please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Hendrik,

I don't think there is an update on this matter, unfortunately. Did you PM the serial number of your mobile phone to @Max? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello @JesusM,

I am really sorry to hear about this. Can you please tell me if have you tried the watch with a different phone as well? If so, are the notifications not displaying on the other device as well?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
Hello good afternoon,

Today with the latest updates still does not work, I am in a telegram forum and I have asked more people who have a Huawei mobile phone and two people with Huawei Mate 20 tell me that the same thing happens, they do not receive notifications from the application of native huawei mail.

Thanks greetings.
Firmware 1.0.7.128 still has the same issue...
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @JesusM,

I am really sorry to hear this. In that case, there will be a couple options that you can try:

First of all, please try using a different email app, as it might allow you to use it with a third party application.

Then, please check if all of the permission of the Mail app are enabled. To do that, please go to Settings > Apps and notifications > select the mail app > Permission.

If you are still facing the same issue, please PM me the serial number of your mobile phone and I will look into this further.

Best wishes,
Max
Same problem here, Watch GT and P9 combination…

All notifications are switched on, battery savings (background closing) is turned off for all applications (except you can't do that specifically on P9, EMUI 5.0.3).

Calls, text messages, WhatsApp, … are all received, but no native Huawei email notifications.

I already sent details of both devices to @Max.

Thank you…
Hendrik
Userlevel 1
Hello good afternoon,

I have returned to try with the honor band 4 and if I work notifications with the huawei mail.
In the watch gt it works also with hotmail and gmail.
It does not work with native huawei mail.
If you need any more information, please know.
I do not understand why it does not work with Huawei's mail, you have tested if the watch receives notifications from this application.
Thanks greetings.
@Max has my details (watch and phone)

Received firmware update 1.0.7.37 today. Now the watch vibrates with incomings mails but still has no messages to show. We're getting there...