Answered

Pay wave with GT Watch

• 25 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I have recently purchased a Mate 20 Pro and got the GT Watch. I have been using a Fitbit Versa watch which has a wallet option to pay wave on the go without my wallet...

Is this a feature available on the GT? If not, is it possible to make it happen via software update?

Thanks 🙂
icon

Best answer by chillphone 25 March 2019, 16:42

Hello,

It's not available with the watch and for the watch to be able too it would have to have NFC ability.

The GT watch is using Huawei bespoke OS and I doubt it is something that will be available in a future update.

Their smartwatch 2 has NFC but I don't think that has been enabled.

There is a new Huawei watch due for release VERY soon, and that "may" have the functionaility.

I think it's more to the battery life and the desire to use the actual smartphone for payment rather than a watch.

It's a feature that would be great I agree.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello,

It's not available with the watch and for the watch to be able too it would have to have NFC ability.

The GT watch is using Huawei bespoke OS and I doubt it is something that will be available in a future update.

Their smartwatch 2 has NFC but I don't think that has been enabled.

There is a new Huawei watch due for release VERY soon, and that "may" have the functionaility.

I think it's more to the battery life and the desire to use the actual smartphone for payment rather than a watch.

It's a feature that would be great I agree.