Answered

Show time on Watch GT

• 10 April 2019
  • 9 replies

Hi, I’m a new fan of watch GT (:
I bought it couple days ago and everything went well except the “show time”, If I activate show time it will stay in the mode for 5 minutes but after that it will deactivate by itself!!, and I have to press it again to activate it !!.
I tried to reset the watch multiple times (paired and unpaired) and nothing changes.
icon

Best answer by Redddog 10 April 2019, 19:45

That is a "one-time on for 5 minutes" feature. It is not designed to stay on for 5 minutes every time the display is activated.

This is one of the primary complaints regarding this watch - that there isn't a way to enable the watch to show it's display for longer. Some have suggested that the "on for 5 minute" feature should enable the watch to always stay on for 5 minutes but Huawei has not directly addressed this issue.

There are many possible fixes Huawei could impliment. We are just waiting to see what, if anything, comes to pass.

They are scheduled to update the watch in the next few days with a watchface market - another sorely lacking area of this watch.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
The watch doesn't feature an "always on" display. This helps with extending the battery life (and I've not found it an issue in normal use!).
I’m not talking about “always on” I talking about “show time”. The 5 minutes feature
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Show time - is a temp always on display as you say for just 5 mins.

To show the time you can turn on gesture so when you flick your wrist in a natural look at watch manner it should come on .
Show time - is a temp always on display as you say for just 5 mins.

To show the time you can turn on gesture so when you flick your wrist in a natural look at watch manner it should come on .

But it should be always on for 5 minutes every time I flick my wrist, isn’t it ?
In my case it will be on for the only first 5 minutes, the next time I flick my wrist it will not stay for 5 minutes and if I checked the “show time” status I will find it disabled !.
Userlevel 5
That is a "one-time on for 5 minutes" feature. It is not designed to stay on for 5 minutes every time the display is activated.

This is one of the primary complaints regarding this watch - that there isn't a way to enable the watch to show it's display for longer. Some have suggested that the "on for 5 minute" feature should enable the watch to always stay on for 5 minutes but Huawei has not directly addressed this issue.

There are many possible fixes Huawei could impliment. We are just waiting to see what, if anything, comes to pass.

They are scheduled to update the watch in the next few days with a watchface market - another sorely lacking area of this watch.

Really !!, disappointed ):
thank you for the clarification
I hope they will introduce it soon, because it’s essential feature.
I just hope they could implement an always-on option that only shows the current watch faces. at least the user have more options how they can personalized their watch. it makes no sense adding new watch faces if its not always visible right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I guess it's a compromise between functionality and battery life.
I would suggest the following. The users will have more option to customize their watches regardless if it will compromise the battery or functionality, at least they have their own preference.

1. "Show time" to be enabled/disabled permanently
  2. Option to use the same watch face on standby
  3. Auto dim lights while on standby with original watch face and will only light up once woke