Update 1.0.9.2 on Watch GT

Userlevel 5
Badge
So we've waited over a month for an update and here we have 1.0.9.2. This update brings absolutely nothing to the watch. No fixed BMR calorie count, no watch face store, no Strava, no stress analysis, no nothing. Just a lousy dual time zone on the exercise ring face that no one has asked for. I'm done with this watch.

49 replies

Userlevel 3
So we've waited over a month for an update and here we have 1.0.9.2. This update brings absolutely nothing to the watch. No fixed BMR calorie count, no watch face store, no Strava, no stress analysis, no nothing. Just a lousy dual time zone on the exercise ring face that no one has asked for. I'm done with this watch.
Hi, where are you from?
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Gabdis UK
Userlevel 3
@Gabdis UK
Are there emojis in this new update?
Userlevel 5
Badge

@Gabdis UKAre there emojis in this new update?

No there's nothing but dual time zone on a watch face and optimizations to HR and workout tracking. Which in my opinion didn't need fixing anyway.
Userlevel 3

@Gabdis UKAre there emojis in this new update?
No there's nothing but dual time zone on a watch face and optimizations to HR and workout tracking. Which in my opinion didn't need fixing anyway.

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Do you have the screenshot of the update?

Still no AOD I reckon then?
How does the dual time display works?
I work at the airport and that is the best feature so far for me.
Do you have the screenshot of the update?

exactly , when update the watch ,name of my incoming call does not show
why we can't answer the call from watch??
we can't control our music player from watch. why????
I regret from my whatch.😑
Simple answer: it is not cheap, shit from China which should be a competitor to Samsung watch. Unfortunately Samsung is far, far better then Huawei!
Userlevel 3
Simple answer: it is not cheap, shit from China which should be a competitor to Samsung watch. Unfortunately Samsung is far, far better then Huawei!
Depending on what you want. Huawei has a different approach with this watch. I have complained many times in the forums but I have to be fair. The quality of build in this watch is exceptional, battery life as well. This has the drawback that it is not as "smart" as other brands' watches, but on the other hand you do not charge it day by day.

As far as I have seen, they listen to the forums. Many things added as always on screen for example, something that is opposite on the initial approach that they had:

A quality watch focused on quality of build and fitness tracking offering battery life unrivaled by similar approaches by other brands. It's a different watch and not for everyone.

Do they need to keep important updates as frequent as possible? Definitely.

Lets wait and see...

Simple answer: it is not cheap, shit from China which should be a competitor to Samsung watch. Unfortunately Samsung is far, far better then Huawei!Depending on what you want. Huawei has a different approach with this watch. I have complained many times in the forums but I have to be fair. The quality of build in this watch is exceptional, battery life as well. This has the drawback that it is not as "smart" as other brands' watches, but on the other hand you do not charge it day by day.

As far as I have seen, they listen to the forums. Many things added as always on screen for example, something that is opposite on the initial approach that they had:

A quality watch focused on quality of build and fitness tracking offering battery life unrivaled by similar approaches by other brands. It's a different watch and not for everyone.

Do they need to keep important updates as frequent as possible? Definitely.

Lets wait and see...

Have to agree here.
The watch was not built to me a secondary smartphone on the wrist...
Yes some added features "mirroring" some apps on the phone would be a great advantage. for example i posted before regarding mirroring Google Maps - something simple as just and arrow pointing left right or straight forward with a distance indicator. can be used when u work out a new jogging route or something or navigating a new city on foot without constantly having the phone in your hands.
but that is extra...
the main thing that needs attention is the way Huawei sends out updates. i mean some are far behind and others are 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 versions ahead!? some behind has AOD, others ahead dont?! it does not make sense.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I bought this watch for fitness and for fitness only. I'm not interested in a Smartwatch. I've owned this watch since it was released and you may see my post about all the bugs and improvements needed to make it a good fitness watch. One of the most important things is the calorie count which needs fixing. This has been raised not just by myself but many others. This is a basic function of fitness tracker and the watch does not do this! So how can you say they listen? I also raised that my workout status function does not work now. It still doesn't work and hasn't for the past 6 months. I bought this watch for the FirstBeat metrics and guess what, mine doesn't work. Again, how can I say that this is a good fitness watch and that Huawei listen to feedback?
Userlevel 3
I bought this watch for fitness and for fitness only. I'm not interested in a Smartwatch. I've owned this watch since it was released and you may see my post about all the bugs and improvements needed to make it a good fitness watch. One of the most important things is the calorie count which needs fixing. This has been raised not just by myself but many others. This is a basic function of fitness tracker and the watch does not do this! So how can you say they listen? I also raised that my workout status function does not work now. It still doesn't work and hasn't for the past 6 months. I bought this watch for the FirstBeat metrics and guess what, mine doesn't work. Again, how can I say that this is a good fitness watch and that Huawei listen to feedback?
I understand what you want to say. What I said is that I saw some requests by users being developed.

I totally agree with you that fitness tracking is more important than anything else. What I said is what I experienced. Maybe they developed things that were easier for them. For example I raised an issue about a watch face that was different in active gt and in the next update it was corrected. This is a small example.

In my opinion if you want a serious fitness tracker, look elsewhere. Watch GT is a nice looking watch that tries to look like a serious fitness tracker contenter. On paper it has the functionality but in reality it lacks correct implementation.
Userlevel 3
By the way, I still haven't received the update although a friend of mine received it. Do we know why this happens? Are the update in batches based on Imei?
Userlevel 3
B
I have to say I'm impressed by this watch.
During indoor swimming it counts the lengths for me accurately, the screen is amazingly clear to see progress, although I haven't found the lap alarm to do anything noticeable.

I'd love to have strava integration - that's about my only big bug bear, but I hear that GPX export is in a Chinese version of the firmware.

I don't have access to the watch face store in my region yet.

The battery life is truly wonderful.

Lack of documentation on how all the current features work would be nice. Oh and UV index displayed on the weather watch face
Userlevel 1
Whilst I agree with the majority of comments on here, it really is horses for courses and despite a few omissions (the BMR calorie count for instance) this watch suits my personal needs right now. But I'm still in the honeymoon phase so I may change my mind.

For me, I've been running a Fitbit Blaze for years. I tried a TicWatch Pro and hated it, Wear OS is no fun and far too complicated and despite the fancy 2 layer display (which made it huge!) I was getting 3 days battery, tops. So I went back to the Fitbit.

Last month I took a chance on the Samsung Galaxy 46mm watch. Again, it was just too smart and hence complicated for me. No way do I ever want to reply to a Gmail from my wrist, or track my Uber on a tiny screen. Plus the watch was like lugging around a lead weight and it looked cheap. Battery life was 4 days, max. So I went back to the Fiitbit.

And now here I am on the GT. It looks premium and expensive (with the brown band), the battery so far is astounding and it tracks the majority of what I need. Sure the exercise only calories is annoying, but I track every calorie in MFP and I know my TDEE to within 50 cals, which is far more accurate than ANY wrist based tracker could ever be. Total calorie count as a guideline would be great though.

And whilst I'd never want to reply to messages from a watch, it seems like a glaring omission to not be able to mark them as read, thus removing the notification from the phone.

But for me, these issues don't cause me enough pain to want to swap it out. Again. So far the Fitbit Blaze is still resting peacefully on the bedside table...for now.
Ive just updated to 1.0.9.2 but now my screen wont unlock and keeps disconnecting on the app. Nightmare as I have a triathlon on Saturday and I was really excited to finally use the app. I now cant tell the time
Userlevel 3
Ive just updated to 1.0.9.2 but now my screen wont unlock and keeps disconnecting on the app. Nightmare as I have a triathlon on Saturday and I was really excited to finally use the app. I now cant tell the time
Try a hardware reset. I think it will. Resolve your issues
Tried it hasn't solved it 😭
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You could always put always show time setting on.
Userlevel 1
It seems the latest update destroyed my heart rate and KCal rate!

Before update I checked the pulse several times with my blood pressure meter. It was perfect in every case (low / mid / high).
Now, I tested the latest update via ergo indoor cycling. My max. pulse was in the extreme range and I got +100 KCal more than before the update (same route / same time). The courses with the FW before had -100 KCal and the pulse rate was perfect!

It seems the pulse rate is too much and in addition the calc. of the KCal is wrong!

At Huawei
Why are you changing a good algo with a nonsense algo?
Pls check it.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Sven12 this is why I'm going back to Garmin. Garmin is tried and tested by athletes. Garmin listens to feedback from athletes and improves it's watch based on that. Huawei listens to its Chinese customers only. That's why they are putting all their efforts into building customized watch faces and not fixing basic fitness functions and getting that right.