Update 1.0.9.2 on Watch GT

• 12 July 2019
  • 49 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
So we've waited over a month for an update and here we have 1.0.9.2. This update brings absolutely nothing to the watch. No fixed BMR calorie count, no watch face store, no Strava, no stress analysis, no nothing. Just a lousy dual time zone on the exercise ring face that no one has asked for. I'm done with this watch.

49 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
Here are my observations so far with 1.0.9.6:
  • The screen tearing/distortion when swiping between screens has been fixed.
  • Swiping in menus and setting screens is much more responsive and smooth.
  • Things just seem overall snappier.
  • Userlevel 2
    How does the dual time display works?
    I work at the airport and that is the best feature so far for me.

Same here! That would be nice if this option would be extended to the other watch faces... Energy, Energy Green or Dashboard. At the Energy faces just consolidate the day and date in one space and use the vacated circle for dual time display. The Dashboard face can lose the sit-up feature (not very useful in my opinion).
    Userlevel 4
    Still with Bluetooth conection problem.

No hope... 😞
    Userlevel 2
    Mine just updated to 1.0.9.6

Anyone see any changes with the update ?

No, I do not see anything new. I do not understand why Huawei does not add new features
    Userlevel 1
    Mine just updated to 1.0.9.6

Anyone see any changes with the update ?

Userlevel 5
    Badge
    Hi @Ove I did feedback comments and suggestions. I created the bugs thread which is pinned to the main page of the forum. I created this back in November 2018 and raised many issues. Based on this experience and no fixes being offered, I've now bought a Garmin Fenix 5. I understand you have to test things but almost a year later and the watch still counts calories incorrectly, has buggy first beat metrics and no Strava. I've also been made aware that the GT2 and Watch 3 are about to be announced but I will stay well clear as I expect they will be full of bugs as well. Don't release unfinished products and charge customers a premium price if you're not going to release important fixes for it.
    Userlevel 5
    Badge +3
    Hi, @MBDeaks
    You are welcome to feedback your issues and suggestions, we never stopped optimizing Watch GT, normally we collect voice of customers from all over the world, for the regional differences, we have to do much analysis and tests before any change. Hope you understand.
    I updated to 1.0.9.2 and the screen started to flicker when swiping to right and left. Anyone else experienced that?
    For the latest version I see the dual timezone added but find my timezones missing. Couldn't find the timezones between +7:30 to +3:30.

Not sure if this was intentional or a bug.

-En.
    Userlevel 1
    Badge
    Hi all,

I 'm sorry to hear that you have encounter this situation. and also thank you for all your information, I will inform further our developers department for a proper review of this feature. The moment there is a clear solution or troubleshooting i will update the topic with it.
    Rest assure the update period for the watch gt it's still on rolling , let's see how it will be with the new features.
    Have a nice evening!

Best,
    Charlie T.💡🤔
    Userlevel 3
    Badge

Simple answer: it is not cheap, shit from China which should be a competitor to Samsung watch. Unfortunately Samsung is far, far better then Huawei!Depending on what you want. Huawei has a different approach with this watch. I have complained many times in the forums but I have to be fair. The quality of build in this watch is exceptional, battery life as well. This has the drawback that it is not as "smart" as other brands' watches, but on the other hand you do not charge it day by day.

As far as I have seen, they listen to the forums. Many things added as always on screen for example, something that is opposite on the initial approach that they had:

A quality watch focused on quality of build and fitness tracking offering battery life unrivaled by similar approaches by other brands. It's a different watch and not for everyone.

Do they need to keep important updates as frequent as possible? Definitely.

Lets wait and see...

They listen to forums??
    I just want the option for the app and wearable to not combine steps, that's it. It's been reported and complained about for literally year's and absolutely nothing has been fixed. This "feature" is available from Fitbit, Mi, and every other fitness tracker but not this, making the watch unusable in my opinion.
    Userlevel 5
    Badge
    @CharlieT we as paying customers, who have received an item which doesn't work as described, at least deserve to see some sort of development roadmap/timeline to see when we will be receiving fixes. There's no transparency at all with Huawei and that's pretty sad. It's like you've got something to hide.
    Userlevel 4
    @CharlieT why are you writing this? Please respond to real users' problems.
    Userlevel 1
    Badge
    Hi all,

Regarding your inquiry, rest assure all the watch gt devices will receive updates soon, it's ongoing the ota period of them.

Updates for your watch and the Huawei Health app are released from time to time, bringing user experience improvements. When a new update is available, follow the steps below to update your watch and the Huawei Health app.

Updating your watch

Method 1: Connect your watch to your phone with the Huawei Health app. Open the Huawei Health app, and touch the watch icon in the upper right corner under Home (or go to Me > My devices). Touch Firmware update and follow the on-screen instructions to update your watch.
    http://consumer-tkb.huawei.com/ctkb/ha-i/c0cdfb_n5bmo.gif
    Method 2:
    • For Android users: Open the Huawei Health app, and touch the watch icon in the upper right corner under Home (or go to Me > My devices) and enable Auto-download update packages over Wi-Fi. When an update is available, a notification will be sent to your watch. Follow the on-screen instructions to update your watch.
    • For iOS users: Open the Huawei Health app, touch the profile picture in the upper left corner, touch Settings, and enable Auto-download update packages over Wi-Fi. If an update is available, a notification will be sent to your watch. Follow the on-screen instructions to update your watch.
    • [img]http://consumer-tkb.huawei.com/ctkb/ha-i/c0cdfd_ldjmt.gif[/img]

Updating the Huawei Health app

For Android users: Open the Huawei Health app and go to Me > Check for updates.
    For iOS users: Update the Huawei Health app in the App Store.

During an update, your watch will automatically disconnect from Bluetooth. It will reconnect once the update is complete.
    Hope it helps!:)

Best,
    Charlie T.💡😉
    Userlevel 5
    Badge
    It's just so frustrating that you bring up basic fundamental improvements in the community, wait ages for an update and the only features that get released is a minor tweaks to an exercise ring watch face and unoticeable changes to HR algorithms.
    Userlevel 1
    @NathanF by hardcore users I mean users who use it for it's intended purpose. Huawei went through the trouble of consulting sports professionals to create an accomplished fitness tracker, yet a lot of those functions aren't fit for purpose. Then when people who are actually into sport make comments on improvements, it seems to fall on deaf ears and disregarded in favour of customisable watch faces. I think Huawei are getting a bit confused as to what they set out this product to be and forgetting all the fitness enthusiasts. But like you said, we'll just end up finding another product to suit our needs I guess.

Although I have been on this forum for a short amount of time, I think you've hit the nail on the head in that it seems like a confused product. Personally I am finding that the initial niggles I can live with for the aesthetics, majority of functionality I need and the stellar battery life.

And I find it strange that they would remove comparisons to a competitor device (that is not even available over here!) unless they have concerns about their own product. In which case they should seek to understand what their current customers are liking about the new product and feed that back to the dev team.... 🙂
    Userlevel 5
    Badge
    @NathanF by hardcore users I mean users who use it for it's intended purpose. Huawei went through the trouble of consulting sports professionals to create an accomplished fitness tracker, yet a lot of those functions aren't fit for purpose. Then when people who are actually into sport make comments on improvements, it seems to fall on deaf ears and disregarded in favour of customisable watch faces. I think Huawei are getting a bit confused as to what they set out this product to be and forgetting all the fitness enthusiasts. But like you said, we'll just end up finding another product to suit our needs I guess.
    Userlevel 1
    Badge
    I think posts about the GTR here yesterday were removed, so I don't want to say too much about it, but the comparison with GT is tolerated in the Chinese forum.
    Userlevel 1
    I don't think many companies make products for the hardcore users. Those of us that are hardcore usually have specific use cases that do not reflect the needs of the masses. And it's the masses that make the product profitable I'm afraid.

If they are hitting their sales targets in their chosen region, then why change anything to suit what in their eyes is probably a very small minority having a moan. I include myself in that minority by the way, but if they don't change their product to suit my personal needs, then I go find another product that does what I want.

Speaking of which, anyone seen the launch of the Amazfit GTR? If that comes our way it certainly looks on paper to be to very attractive option.
    Userlevel 5
    Badge
    One can also make the argument that Chinese customers are guinea pigs.
    I have been watching Garmin for years, and I still can't find a Garmin watch that can display East Asian languages in the U.S.

Doesn't mean we have to accept it and agree with it as customers. Also doesn't make it racial for observing it. Why don't Huawei give beta access and testing to community members from all over the world for feedback? Hardcore users who give proper feedback.
    Userlevel 3
    Badge

Huawei listens to its Chinese customers only.Not sure why you want to make this racial. On Huawei's Chinese forum users complain about similar things, and it doesn't look like only the Chinese want custom watch faces.
    Not being being racial, just an observation as Huawei have always given beta and feature updates to it's Chinese customers first. A lot of customers around the world are miles behind on updates. Seems like favouritism. Sorry if you're offended, it's merely an observation.

Most companies are the same, windows is rolling out most of its updates to things like cortana in the US long before Europe.
    Userlevel 1
    Badge
    One can also make the argument that Chinese customers are guinea pigs.
    I have been watching Garmin for years, and I still can't find a Garmin watch that can display East Asian languages in the U.S.
    Userlevel 5
    Badge

Huawei listens to its Chinese customers only.Not sure why you want to make this racial. On Huawei's Chinese forum users complain about similar things, and it doesn't look like only the Chinese want custom watch faces.

Not being being racial, just an observation as Huawei have always given beta and feature updates to it's Chinese customers first. A lot of customers around the world are miles behind on updates. Seems like favouritism. Sorry if you're offended, it's merely an observation.
    Userlevel 1
    Badge
    Huawei listens to its Chinese customers only.

Not sure why you want to make this racial. On Huawei's Chinese forum users complain about similar things, and it doesn't look like only the Chinese want custom watch faces.
    Userlevel 5
    Badge
    @Sven12 this is why I'm going back to Garmin. Garmin is tried and tested by athletes. Garmin listens to feedback from athletes and improves it's watch based on that. Huawei listens to its Chinese customers only. That's why they are putting all their efforts into building customized watch faces and not fixing basic fitness functions and getting that right.