Answered

Watch GT - Always on screen

Userlevel 2
Hello,

How do you enable the Always-On? I see only the "always on for 5 minutes".

I also love to see a way to add cudtom watch faces, hopefully there will be a update with this.

Best Regards,

Tim
icon

Best answer by Jase 19 January 2019, 11:57

There's is no always on which was a decision made most likely for battery conservation reasons. There also has been some new watch faces added since the initial launch but I'm not sure if third party ones will ever be available for the same reason as above, but you never know.

Regards Jase.
View original

108 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
There's is no always on which was a decision made most likely for battery conservation reasons. There also has been some new watch faces added since the initial launch but I'm not sure if third party ones will ever be available for the same reason as above, but you never know.

Regards Jase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Tim,

You can read more about custom watch faces in this thread. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Hopefully the "always on" function will be available in a future update. I understand that the battery time will be a lot lower but most of the time asides of sporting I use the watch really as watch and its nice to have the watch screen always on. Maybe some kind of "always on" watch mode that the watch time will always on, maybe in a lower standbye brightness.
Can you please add the "always on" feature in an update? I don't care if I have to charge the watch every night but I just need it badly. If I go have a dinner and still wear the watch after the workout with a classic screen I want it to look like watch, I hate when the screen goes off black. Also if you use it as a normal watch for telling the time the screen must stay on.
Userlevel 2
Always on is a must have option in any smart watch
Not all users are using the watch gt for fitness tracking, I am using it as my main time peice and It was a great disappointment not to be able to keep the screen always on
Userlevel 4
In reality, if you activate always on for 5 min, your watch will be always on very often, because of the movment of your arm. For me i activate the display of time less than 5 mn. So it's always on.
Userlevel 2
I would prefer if there is a clear option in the settings for the always on display, hopefully Huawei will listen to us and put it in the following update
Userlevel 4
I would prefer if there is a clear option in the settings for the always on display, hopefully Huawei will listen to us and put it in the following update

yes I understand your opinion.
I hope huawei listen these community for all the points to improve.
Userlevel 2
I have tried the "show time" option but the option is deactivated after 5 minutes no matter what you do even if you rais your hand to get the display on and then you will have to manually activat it again. that is actually pointless. We demand an always on option disregarding the battery.
Another issue whic I faced, if the health application is not running I don't get any notifications
Hi, is there anyway to keep Huawei watch GT to "Always on" display mode. I purchased this watch as fashion wear than a fitness tracker. More, add feature to have custom watch faces.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @qbaloch,

I moved your question to this thread.

@all I asked our development team to take a look at the feedback in this topic. 🙂
I would like to have an always on mode more than any other feature to be honest. I use the watch primarily as a timepiece, step and heart rate tracker.

To try and preserve as much battery as possible with an always on mode, you could choose between certain times to turn the screen on in the settings. For example,
Activate always on display at: 7:00am
Deactivate always on display at: 10:00pm
Or deactivate when sleep detected.
As some of the others mentioned, what I'd appreciate most is an always on display option.

Actually if the 5 minute on that is currently available doesn't need to be turned on each time should be sufficient. Thanks.
Userlevel 2
There's always something to be said for letting users have options - even if it means the battery life will be shorter. Always on screen is one of these. I'd be interested in seeing it implemented!
Userlevel 2
Another vote for Always On display before any other "enhancements".

Admittedly the GT is in reality a pretty activity tracker, but it is made in the shape of a watch. A watch should show the time, if there is an impact on battery life let that be something the user can deal with.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Honor Magic (the same watch) have AOD? Is there a technical reason the Watch GT doesn't?
A few days ago I bought the Huawei Watch GT silver and I love it! There is one thing though that stands out for me as an inconvenience: the screen that turns off complemetely.

Please consider adding an always on screen function in a next software update of the watch. And I do not mean the "always on for 5 minutes' that the watch has now, but really always on. Of course not in full brightness with full screen lay-out, but a very dimmed and minimal version, showing just the small and big hands for the time and a few marks for the hours. Have a look at how Fossil does this with the Q Explorist (and other) smartwatches.

I know that an always screen affects battery life, but I would be more than happy to sacrifice that with an option to turn on or off for always on screen. For example, going from 2 weeks to 3 or 4 days (or even less) would be acceptable to me, as long as I can switch the function on and off.

*Typo in topic, cannot be changed anymore.
Userlevel 2
Question still stands. Why does the Honor Magic watch have an always on display option and not the Huawei Watch GT?

As far as I can tell they are basically the same watches? In fact the Honor has a smaller battery and yet they still felt able to give the user the option of AOD.

Come on Huawei! This is the main thing keeping another Chinese brand with "up to 30 days" battery life - with the time visible (and full Wear functionality) on my wrist in favour of the the GT.
Userlevel 4
Since I've been on this forum from some weeks, Huawei never gives a response to our demands or questions.
The topics are full of issues finded by users and ZERO response from Huawei. It's the last huawei watch i buy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Since I've been on this forum from some weeks, Huawei never gives a response to our demands or questions.
The topics are full of issues finded by users and ZERO response from Huawei. It's the last huawei watch i buy.

I'm sorry to hear that you have the feeling that questions on the Huawei community remain unanswered. Just to clear something up, the community is first and above all a place where people can help each other to find answers to their questions. If you really have an urgent question you can always contact us by: 08000 886 700 (Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00, Sat. 9:00 - 17:00 (except bank holidays)). Rest assured that all idea's are handled with care and we give them the attention they deserve.
Userlevel 4
Hi Amy,

I hear you, but Huawei Watch GT 's OS is not an open OS where people can't find solution to problem (new watchface, new apps, etc). And if huawei don't fix problems since months or don't add new simples features asked by users (aos, new watchface, export tracks...), this bad feeling about huawei will continue and grow. It's my opinion.

Hope you will understand.
Userlevel 5
I don't think they will ever add the always on feature. Literally, the only thing that makes this watch different than any other smart watch out there is the great battery life. The always on feature will drain the battery in what? Five days? Maybe less?

Then, you basically have a "smart watch" that can't do anything that normal smart watches can do with similar battery life. It's the one thing it has have going for it. It's the only reason I could think of why they would go with OS Lite vs Wear.

I don't think they would develop anything that would effect the battery life - and that means that 3rd party stuff, always on, make your own faces etc won't happen.

I hope I'm wrong.
Hi Redddog,

I understand your point about Huawei wanting to keep ultra long battery life as it's USP, but they should provide AOD as an option.

I think this smartwatch is stylish, thin and lightweight enough to be worn everyday and the feature I'd like most is an AOD.

As quickly as we can charge this smartwatch, 5 day battery life wouldn't be bad at all with AOD.

So I also hope you are wrong 🙂
Hi.

please please please add the feature to we have the option that the display is always on. its very important.
Userlevel 5
Its been pretty much utter silence in this topic from the representatives of Huawei.

There must be a good reason why they won't address this issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I asked our support team to check this topic. They will be able to forward this to the development team.