Answered

Watch GT battery issues

• 13 December 2018
  • 30 replies

Hi is anyone having issues with the watch GT battery life.
Since the last update I'm getting around 5/8 percent drop per day then on the 3rd day I take it off for bed at around 80 percent and its dead by the next morning.
This has happened a few times now.
I don't have any major battery drains turned on or use it loads as I use a different phone most days for work so not loads of notifications either.

Any help appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Jon 7 March 2019, 10:41

@Max The updated firmware 1.0.6.8 seems to have sorted out the Battery Usage issue I was having. I am now back to around 10% per day and 10 days between recharges.

Thanks

Jon
View original

30 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Soundgraham I have noticed that since the update that my battery isn't lasting as long. Around 5/8 percent less a day as you mentioned. I can only attribute this to be linked to the increase in "raise wrist to wake" sensitivity. Meaning that your screen is on a lot more that it was before the update.i haven't experienced the battery drain when taking it off. Although I have heard similar reports on another group. So I don't think you're alone in this.
Thanks @MBDeaks I've just fully charged so I'll turn raise to wake off and see if its causing the issues because at the moment 3 say battery life just sucks
I have noticed that the power consumption seems to have increased with the last update. Gone from about 10% per day to 13% per day or 10 days down to 7.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Jon,

I moved your question to this topic about Watch GT battery issues. I asked our support team to reply in this topic as soon as possible. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all!

After any update it is recommended to factory reset the device, especially if you are experiencing issues with it.

Please let us know if the battery is still decreasing just as fast after unpairing and resetting the watch

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
@Max I have done that an will let you know whether it makes a difference Thanks Jon
@Max The reset has made no different, battery consumption is around 13% per day before the last update it was 10% per day. Can you raise this to be fixed please
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Jon,

Sorry to hear a reset did not help in this situation.

Yes, I would be more than happy to raise this matter to the appropriate department.

If you could PM me in private with the Serial Number of the Watch GT and current build number it would help me greatly!

Looking forward to your message,
Max
@Max The updated firmware 1.0.6.8 seems to have sorted out the Battery Usage issue I was having. I am now back to around 10% per day and 10 days between recharges.

Thanks

Jon
Hi received my Huawei watch gt yesterday had it charged for 2 hours but it lost 80 percent in 1 night what could this be causing this considering its said to last 2 weeks?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Cityfan2012, Welcome on the Huawei Community!

I moved your question this thread. Please read the comments above and let us know if you need assistance. 🙂
Hi @Cityfan2012, Welcome on the Huawei Community!

I moved your question this thread. Please read the comments above and let us know if you need assistance. :)

Doesn't help I'm losing 10 percent a hour can't be normal?
I was recommended to factory reset the watch. See whether that makes a difference?
Admitted defeat tried everything still dying quick so sending it back
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Cityfan2012,

Sorry that it didn't help. 😞

If you want, you can share your Serial Number and current build number with @Max in a PM and he will be able to assist you.
Hi,

I just purchased P30 Pro, and got Watch GT with it. I love it, however my unit has serious battery issues. Since day one, battery lasts for 1.5 days max. I did this steps next:
  • Made sure Auto-track in settings is off
  • Updated the watch firmware
  • Reset the watch and paired it again to my phone
  • Turned Raise wrist to wake screen off
  • Weather reports off
  • Only continuous heart rate and tru sleep are on.
Battery is still having same issues, when I went to bed I had 97 percent, and with DND turned on, it was 65 when I woke up 8 hours later.

What should I do?

Sincerely,
Grigorii
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Donchik55,

I moved your question to this thread, please read the comments above and let us know if you still need assistance! 🙂
Hi @Amy

As stated in my message, I tried everything above, still my battery lasts about a day and a half max:(
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Donchik55

You don't do something wrong. The battery should be able to last 1-2 weeks depending on the usage and with all the features you mentioned on. Maybe you should consider contacting the local Huawei service.
@kalantz

That's what I am thinking. Then I have one additional question: I bought it in Russia, however I live in UK, can I go to Huawei service center in UK, or I should do it in the same country where I got it from, Russia?
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Donchik55

Check the following link
https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-policy/

I think the 1st paragraph answers your question
My battery life is just terrible. My software version is 1.0.7.42. It wouldn't last 2 weeks (14 days). I did lot of test with different settings and I have come to realize that it's because the screen is too sensitive to wake up. No matter what I am doing, washing my hands, washing dishes, changing clothes, driving etc. The screen just wakes up. Huawei should fix its very disappointing.

I don't like raise wrist to wake feature turned off. It defeats the whole purpose of a watch.

These are my basic settings

• Heartrate monitor: ON
  • GPS: No GPS related feature was used. No excersice
  • Raise wrist to wake screen: ON
  • Brightness level: 3
  • Huawei TruSleep: ENABLE
  • Weather reports: ENABLE
  • Notification: ENABLE (messages, google calendar)
  • Do not disturb: OFF
  • Battery life drain: 11 - 12 % in an 24 hour period
From the above settings it doesn't seem like the watch would last for 14 days
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @adnanlanewla ,

I've moved your post here as this topic covers watch GT battery issues. It's flagged with the support team as well, so they can look at your comment about the sensitivity of raise to wake feature. Thanks
@Danjl Thanks. It would be nice to have option on the huawei health app to increase or decrease the sensitivity of raise to wake feature. Like I said earlier, currently its extremely sensitive. Even if I move my hand slightly the watch wakes up
@Jon Hi! I have to say, you are a lucky guy... 10% battery drop a day.., i wish!!!! I've turned on my watch today, 08:00AM with 60%, and now 06:45PM it has 39%!.. Don't know what can be the problem; everything that consumes battery is turned off!.. Does anyone knows what problem i'm experiencing with my watch?!