Answered

Watch GT, hourly beep

Recently my Huawei watch GT beeps every hour. I can't find how to turn this hourly beep off (or on). Can anyone help? Thanks. Wilfried.
icon

Best answer by dodge 5 August 2019, 03:02

That hourly beep or buzz, means you've been seating for more than a hour straight.

It's telling you to stand up and do something else, go take a walk, be more active.
You can disable it on the Health app, just click on the watch icon (on the upper right corner), then scroll down and look at the options, You'll see it for sure.

Anyway, I wouldn't disable it, because it reminds you of how sedentary your lifestyle is.
Especially if you hear the buzz several times a day 😃
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
That hourly beep or buzz, means you've been seating for more than a hour straight.

It's telling you to stand up and do something else, go take a walk, be more active.
You can disable it on the Health app, just click on the watch icon (on the upper right corner), then scroll down and look at the options, You'll see it for sure.

Anyway, I wouldn't disable it, because it reminds you of how sedentary your lifestyle is.
Especially if you hear the buzz several times a day 😃
Thank you, Dodge, for your quick reply. But unfortunately that's not the solution: this option is not enabled in the app (I can't sit still for long, so, luckily I don't need this feature 😉 ). It is a double short çbeep (bip-bip), just on the hour. The strange thing is that it is not every hour, but apparently only occasionally. Perhaps another idea?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @Wilfried It‘s just a vibration without anything else? such as notifications reminder or Bluetooth disconnection reminder?
Userlevel 4
Vibration beep?
Hi Ove, there is no vibration, just a double beep. And my Bluetooth is disabled.
I've just installed the latest version on my phone (1.0.9.6) and unfortunately, it still beeps...
Userlevel 4
This watch hasn't got any speaker module...
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Ove, there is no vibration, just a double beep. And my Bluetooth is disabled.
I've just installed the latest version on my phone (1.0.9.6) and unfortunately, it still beeps...

Can you please record a video for this issue?
Userlevel 4

You are the only one with gt with sound speaker, so...
Hi there. Sorry, but I was on vacation for a week. During this vacation I completely reset my watch to factory settings and performed all the updates again. And now it's okay. I've made a movie before the reset, but the sound is not completely in sync. It realy beeps at the hour. The problem is solved, but the mystery remains ...
Thanks to all.
Userlevel 4
Wów, GT has a speaker...
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi there. Sorry, but I was on vacation for a week. During this vacation I completely reset my watch to factory settings and performed all the updates again. And now it's okay. I've made a movie before the reset, but the sound is not completely in sync. It realy beeps at the hour. The problem is solved, but the mystery remains ...
Thanks to all.

Is that something else made the beep?🤔
Hello, the mystery has been solved. You were both right.
I had also reset my cell phone at the same time. And the beep was effectively gone.
But since this morning it was back. Together with my son I looked at everything and listened to it.
And yes, effectively, the beep came from my cell phone . It was a crappy app (something i installed a time ago) I removed it and the beep is now gone. So no beep from my watch, no speaker in my phone 🙄.
Thank you SDSI and Ove for making me doubt and researching again.
Case closed.