Answered

Watch GT no heart rate monitor

• 6 December 2018
  • 20 replies

When I wear my gt watch on my left wrist I cannot get the heart rate monitor to work but when I wear it on my right wrist it seems to work perfect... Problem is I don't want to wear it on my right wrist... Anyone else have the same problem?
icon

Best answer by MM29 11 May 2019, 23:45

@Martin 46 I'm have the same iusse I got tattoos on my left arm and the watch is not picking up my heart rate at all.

Works perfectly fine on my right arm I don't have any tattoos on that arm but I'm right handed so I wear my watch on my left arm.

I never had this issue when I had a apple watch this is rather annoying.
View original

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
When I wear my gt watch on my left wrist I cannot get the heart rate monitor to work but when I wear it on my right wrist it seems to work perfect... Problem is I don't want to wear it on my right wrist... Anyone else have the same problem?

I haven't had issues myself but read a couple of comments from folk saying that the heart monitor wouldn't work as they had tattoos. Sounds bizarre but don't suppose that's a factor?
Got them on both wrists 😂 so can't be that 😬
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Got them on both wrists 😂 so can't be that 😬

😂 It might. Someone was even speculating it might be dependent on the colour/ ink used 😂
Never had that problem with my fit bit... Would swap back to the fit it but the gt is a lot better looking watch
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Never had that problem with my fit bit... Would swap back to the fit it but the gt is a lot better looking watch

Yeah, I'm loving it. Hope it works out.
Since I swapped the wearing wrist it's perfect... Will try and swap back to double Check
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Martin 46

@Dnalmeida and @Dean.87 both have tattoos and some issues with watch GT, check out this topic for their input.

Please let me know if that's the same issue, so we can close one topic and continue talking about this in one thread. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Martin 46 do you have tattoos on your left wrist at all?
Yes... But they are on both wrists.... When I swapped it this morning after it worked perfectly all night it stopped working completely... I had to reboot the watch since then its perfect on my right wrist
Userlevel 5
Badge
Yes... But they are on both wrists.... When I swapped it this morning after it worked perfectly all night it stopped working completely... I had to reboot the watch since then its perfect on my right wrist

Tattoos still might cause the Watch to act erratically. Certain inks react differently depending on metal content etc. If no one can come up with a fix then the issue might be associated with your tattoos.
But the tattoos have never affected the fit bit or any other fitness watch... So if that's the case then that's a bit poor
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
But the tattoos have never affected the fit bit or any other fitness watch... So if that's the case then that's a bit poor
Think it's an unfortunate side effect of having a more sensitive sensor in the watch, helps with the majority but unfortunately seems to have a few issues with tattoos.
Regards Jase
It has been only a week I got the device and My heart rate suddenly stopped working and I have cleaning the device, unpairing, reconnecting. Nothing worked. Software is on 1.0.7.36 version which was released recently.

Also during the workout display stops suddenly and current workout is being lost. Tried indoor and outdoor run.

Hardware is really good but the software is loaded with bugs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Are you wearing the watch as instructed?

Have you only got the watch linked to Huawei health app?

When you are not wearing the watch and with heart rate monitoring enabled in the health app do you see the back sensor flashing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Krishna.ksairam and @chillphone,

I moved your comments to this thread about Watch GT heart rate monitoring to avoid double topics.
@Martin 46 I'm have the same iusse I got tattoos on my left arm and the watch is not picking up my heart rate at all.

Works perfectly fine on my right arm I don't have any tattoos on that arm but I'm right handed so I wear my watch on my left arm.

I never had this issue when I had a apple watch this is rather annoying.
I too have the same issue. Thick tattoo on my left wrist and no heart rate or notifications! I turned the watch upside down after reading this forum and it worked as there is no tattoo underneath my wrist. I also swapped to my right arm as I have an outline tattoo only and it still worked as there is clean skin right where the sensor sits. I have swapped back and forth to test several time and this watch is ANTI TATTOO! Crazy I know but true. 🙂
I too have the same issue. Thick tattoo on my left wrist and no heart rate or notifications! I turned the watch upside down after reading this forum and it worked as there is no tattoo underneath my wrist. I also swapped to my right arm as I have an outline tattoo only and it still worked as there is clean skin right where the sensor sits. I have swapped back and forth to test several time and this watch is ANTI TATTOO! Crazy I know but true. :-)

@MorgenNZ I returned mine and got money back went for a different watch that was tattoo friendly. Little disappointed but can't really justify having a fully non functioning watch.
Hi,

I have quite a problem with my heart rate monitor. It simply doesn't work (correctly).

I bought these watch to monitor my heart rate during the exercises.

The problem is that my heart rate is much bigger (aprox. 140bpm) when I just wave my hands around (without any body movement) than 20x burpees (aprox. 110bpm) while my heart is literally trying to jump out of my chest.

Does anyone have the same problem? It just feels like it monitors the watch movement, but not the actual heart rate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @CiroZa,

Welcome on the community! I moved your question here to avoid double topics. Do you have any tattoos?