Answered

Watch GT not charging or Working

• Fearless Explorer
  • 4 replies
I had my GT Watch delivered on Monday, charged the watch and used it fine, took the watch off last night, went to put it on this morning and no power, thought battery might of drained overnight, was on 75% so odd if it had done. Put the watch on charge and nothing is happening, has anyone had the same issue or can anyone help at all??
icon

Best answer by Juan 23 November 2018, 12:03

Hi @Tabb,

Glad to hear it came back to life! Indeed it is a bit odd. If this happens again, try long pressing the down button to see if the watch responds and, if not, try with the up button. Anyway, if something would happen to the watch for no reason, don't worry since the device will be covered by the warranty for two years. Just take care of it and enjoy it!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Tabb,

If you can PM me with the S/N ( serial number) of the device I will do my best to assist you in this matter.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max, is the serial number on the back of the watch or the back of the watch or both?

Reason I ask is I'm at work and don't have the box with me but I have the watch with me,
Hi Max,

I now have my serial number 5YKGA18A28003014,
Userlevel 2
Hi @Tabb .

Does it happen that you tried charging the Watch GT for a couple of hours and then long pressed the up button to turn on/off the watch or the down button to lock / unlock the screen?

Please, let me know whether the watch does turn on or the issue persists.

Thank you!
Hi Juan,

Oddly enough the watch has turned itself on today, I took the watch off on Wednesday night and it had at least 75% battery left and when I woke up on Thursday it was completely unresponsive, tried charging it and it would not charge and would not turn on and then this morning its come on, it needed charging today when it come on, the battery was on 0%, so im not sure what had happened at all.
Userlevel 2
Hi @Tabb,

Glad to hear it came back to life! Indeed it is a bit odd. If this happens again, try long pressing the down button to see if the watch responds and, if not, try with the up button. Anyway, if something would happen to the watch for no reason, don't worry since the device will be covered by the warranty for two years. Just take care of it and enjoy it!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂
Cheers Juan, fingers crossed there will be no more Gremlins, but its always good to know it is covered under the warranty!! Thanks for your help,

Kind Regards
Mathew Tabbinor
Userlevel 1
This is so happening to me. To a brand new watch. I just got it yesterday and charged it. And today its a black screen. I've tried holding either of the buttons for 30s, nothing. I've tried putting it in the charger dock for an hour and nothing. Since I just picked this up yesterday I'm going to be returning it for a replacement tomorrow. Disappointed.
Userlevel 1
icetray wrote:

This is so happening to me. To a brand new watch. I just got it yesterday and charged it. And today its a black screen. I've tried holding either of the buttons for 30s, nothing. I've tried putting it in the charger dock for an hour and nothing. Since I just picked this up yesterday I'm going to be returning it for a replacement tomorrow. Disappointed.

Very odd for some reason after charging it overnight and holding the button for a very long time it decided to turn back on. Gremlins.....
I am having the same issues with charging. I have cleaned the watch and the charging cradle contacts and I cannot get it to charge.

Is the watch sensitive to charging voltages perhaps as it's not using the Huawei AC adapter but plugged into a generic USB charging outlet at work?

For the record, it's such a shame I can't use the wireless charger that came with my amazing Mate 20Pro phone which works seamlessly.

Thanks
Userlevel 3
Are the charging pucks available to buy separately yet?
is there any way to get an extended warranty with an amount of payment?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Wozza,

Sorry to hear about the situation.

Charging the watch by plugging the usb cable in a generic outlet should not affect the battery performance.

Also @phlppip, it is best to inquire with the retailers nearby in your area if they have charging pucks available for purchase separately, or you can check online on Amazon!

To answer your question @nohackmove, we provide basic warranty for our devices which lasts 2 years. The warranty can not be extended unfortunately.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings