Question

Watch GT notifications and iPhone (iOS)

Hi,

I just bought Huawei Watch GT-981 and set it up with no problem. Updated the Watch firmware to the latest available version (1.0.7.42). I'm receiving notifications on my Watch from every app that pops up notification on my iPhone screen except for native Mail app. I read a thread on a similar problem with native mail app on Huawei phone and the info that the problem was solved with the recent update. I don't know if this update should have solved problem for iPhone (iOS) usurers or not and if there is something i can do to enable native iOS Mail app to send notifications to my GT?

thnx!

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Mee too with iPhone iOS last firmware , and sometimes doesn’t arrive no notifications... i will like huawei ( honor for that I have the Honor Watch magic), insert the icon of the app of notification, for all , and insert emoji, and the screen time more long. Vibration also more powerfull or longer or double... thanks
Userlevel 1
Notifications sometimes doesn't work. This is a must for a smart watch. What a shame Huawei. I will definetly sell this watch because they don't give any support about this issue for months. Goodbye Huawei.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

This issue is flagged for our support team. Please also take a look at this long thread about notifications on the Watch GT.
Hi Amy,

thanks!
I saw the thread you mentioned. I don't have any problems with general notifications, every other notification is working as expected that includes calendar events, reminders, third party apps, etc. For me, the notification problem is only with stock iOS mail app 🙂
Userlevel 2
With iphone, ios, when you disconnect away and then re-acknowledge you will no longer receive notifications, you must turn off and turn on the bluetooth on your phone to get notifications again. in addition as already mentioned the emojii are missing and the text is very small, the vibration too short and the screen is switched off too quickly, in addition the icons of the important applications are not there, please add them and increase the watc faces with a market or a watch faces maker. I would add a calendar, and optional heart reading every minute or 10 minutes. Many thanks, I use last iOS and honor watch 1.0.7.40 firmware, the last.
Userlevel 3
Hi all,

This issue is flagged for our support team. Please also take a look at this long thread about notifications on the Watch GT.

Sorry @Amy but your support team are doing nothing regarding notfications bugs as that thread added from 6 months with more than 110 replies. So what are you waiting for to fix this issue? You are losing more and more customers everyday and it is very difficult to convince those customers to buy Huawei watch in the future.

Nobody told me that I will be a beta testing user when I bought it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of replies from our side in this thread. Please contact our support team directly to raise this issue. They are able to share this with our development team: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

I'm sorry I can't help you now. 😞
Hi,

I have an honor magic watch with version 1.0.7.40, and I am not receiving notifications in the watch, nor whatsapp, neither mail, SMS,... I have an iPhone with iOS 12. What must I do to enable them?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Joehill,

Unfortunately the community do not seem to have an answer for your query. Please reach out to our official support channels if you still need assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Hello all,

I own since last Saturday a GT-09E and use it with my iPhone "X" with iOS 12.4. and updated Watch to 1.0.8.60(C03). I was also suffering the drop of notification and had to turn off/on Bluetooth serveral times.

Sunday morning I took a long time to search on Internet and to be honest, found nothing that could help. So I started to analyze the situation and after several try and error I found out that notification stops, when ever a Apple Mail was arrived. So turned notification for Apple Mail off, installed on my iPhone a Gmail client and started to try Gmail.

Since than I have perfect running notifications, don't need to turn Bluetooth off/on. Works nearly perfect and mails from Gmail are correctly notified.

Maybe this could help the developers to find a bug (or maybe Apple is not allowing something) with Apple Mail.

Greetings
Alan
Hi all, the WhatApp notifications not working in my watch GT with iphone XS IOS this problem are solved?

Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @marsat I moved your post here to avoid duplication. The topic is flagged for the support team to check.
Hi marsat. I made some tests with the following results. But first, I have iOS updated to latest Huawei Health version and installed also latest Watch GT firmware.

When iPhone X is locked - WhatsApp notification is correctly shown on Watch GT
When iPhone X is unlocked and in any application or desktop - WhatsApp notification is correctly shown on Watch GT
When iPhone X is unlocked and WhatsApp is active - no notification is shown on Watch GT

Hope this helps, greetings
Alan
Hi marsat. I made some tests with the following results. But first, I have iOS updated to latest Huawei Health version and installed also latest Watch GT firmware.

When iPhone X is locked - WhatsApp notification is correctly shown on Watch GT
When iPhone X is unlocked and in any application or desktop - WhatsApp notification is correctly shown on Watch GT
When iPhone X is unlocked and WhatsApp is active - no notification is shown on Watch GT

Hope this helps, greetings
Alan

Hi Alan, I have to all updated but it no work in this all situations
Hi @marsat , not sure if this helps, but before my tests I had also the situation that not all notifications are coming, was a feeling. So I deactivated in the iPhone settings the notifications for WhatsApp and re activate them. Try it, hope it helps.
Hi @marsat , not sure if this helps, but before my tests I had also the situation that not all notifications are coming, was a feeling. So I deactivated in the iPhone settings the notifications for WhatsApp and re activate them. Try it, hope it helps.

😞 no way