Answered

Watch GT receiving 2 notifications for Messages

• 26 November 2018
  • 46 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello,

I have my Watch GT paired with a Mate 20 Pro.

I have set up to receive notification from Text Messages - however, when these come through there are 2 notifications for each message.

Is there anyway to ensure only one notification is displayed?
icon

Best answer by chillphone 19 January 2019, 21:05

Looks like the latest update 10522 has fixed the double notification problem.
View original

46 replies

Userlevel 2
I had that then realised I had both message settings enabled in the health app
Userlevel 2
I only have Messages once enabled in notifications but still receiving two notifications
Userlevel 2
Yeah now you mention it mine is doing it now. Even WhatsApp is coming through twice.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Yeah now you mention it mine is doing it now. Even WhatsApp is coming through twice.

I had read that you couldn't get any third party notifications on the GT watch so getting them twice is sounding like a bonus to me - although realise it'll be annoying af. Still waiting to receive mine from the promo offer.
Userlevel 1
Would love to have an answer to this. It's frustrating getting 2 notifications of everything. Although I get no notification of a phone call and I can't enable notifications for the dialler app in the Huawei health app. Anyone else having that too?
@Trenton1984 To me, the update 1.0.3.72 helped!
Userlevel 2
@Trenton1984 To me, the update 1.0.3.72 helped!

Downloading now! Thanks for the heads up.
Userlevel 2
Sigh.

First message received after the Watch has updated - received 2 notifications for it.
Userlevel 2
Its a bit poor on the notification front. I believe these GT watches are basically a smartband with a bigger display
Userlevel 3
Im having this same problem too
Userlevel 4
The only thing the update fixed for me is the rise rist to wake, is better, but notifications still stop now and again for me. Not all my notifications show up twice.
Userlevel 2
This may be entirely coincidental BUT I have now paired my Watch GT with my old HTC10 while my Mate 20 Pro gets sent off for 'Green Tint' and so far I have only been receiving one notification for each SMS received.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you all for pointing this out and once again thank you for your patience.
I will forward this to our dev. team and flag this matter further so they may sort it in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi all,

Thank you all for pointing this out and once again thank you for your patience.
I will forward this to our dev. team and flag this matter further so they may sort it in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max

Hi Max, thanks for your reaction.

Is there a way to address improvements and issues, other than this forum?
Userlevel 2
Any update. Two, three, sometimes four notifications coming through.

Really makes the experience feel 'cheap'.
Userlevel 2
Ever get the feeling Huawei have given up on this wearable already? It looks nice but very basic and glitchy.

Perhaos only intended to be used as a makeweight to flog the Mate 20 Pro?

Be good to hear some positive update or new firmware appearing.
Userlevel 2
Any news, im getting 2 notifications on the watch for every 1 on my phone
This issue occurs when turning on / off push notification in Huawei Health. each time will add 1 notification. To fix this error, follow the steps:
1. Disconnect the smart watch
2. Turn off notifications in Huawei Health.
3. Delete Huawei Health's cache.
Now reconnect the smart watch. Everything is fine.
Userlevel 2
Did you just make up that reply assuming it would work ?
Just did it and no difference
I'm using Huawei watch magic and have solved this problem
Im having the same problem, notifications for email and WhatsApp.
II've tried clearing the cache but that didn't help
Mine started doing this too. Tonight I got 5 notifications for the same message on WhatsApp. Whenever I got a new message from a different person I got a notification for the original message I received. I think maybe because I hadn't read it? Any fixs yet?
hello I have this same problem of double or triple repeated notifications, some solution?
I am using my Watch GT with Pocophone which has Nova launcher installed.
If both launchers are active Nova and Poco (default one) I get double messages, problem solved by manually killing Poco launcher.
Userlevel 2
Unfortunately because of this multiple notification issue i returned my watch for refund whilst I could. Real shame as it was otherwise a great watch
I will keep my eyes peeled on this forum to see if a firmware update/resolution is found, I may then go back to it