Answered

Watch GT receiving 2 notifications for Messages

• 26 November 2018
  • 46 replies

Show first post

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Looks like the latest update 10522 has fixed the double notification problem.
For me partially, when I receive an email on the outlook app, I get 1 summary and 1 specific message.
Userlevel 1
I have latest version 10522 and still have two notifications from Slack.
I have latest version 10522 and still have two notifications from Slack.

Is it the same as Outlook?

1st notification is a summary, "copy of the first message" or "2 new messages" (you'll see when the second message arrives)
2nd notification is the message itself
Userlevel 1
No, isn't. It's only duplicate of first notification.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Unfortunately because of this multiple notification issue i returned my watch for refund whilst I could. Real shame as it was otherwise a great watch
I will keep my eyes peeled on this forum to see if a firmware update/resolution is found, I may then go back to it

Hi, if you got whatsapp or other third party Apps double notifications, this might be a third-party app issue, which has been fixed, just keep your Huawei Health App the latest version.
Userlevel 3
Is there a way to disable WhatsApp message summary? Every time a new message arrives I also receive how many messages I have to read on the phone (but I've already read it on watch!)

I think the phone app (Huawei health) send the same notification we read on the phone status bar 🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we are still looking into this matter and have not forgotten you guys!

As soon as we will receive news in regards to this matter we will make sure to let you know ASAP.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

I am here with a request if it would be possible from you guys.

Could you kindly PM me in private with the following: Serial Number of the Watch GT, current build number, the HuaweiHealth/Huawei Wear App version and the mobile you are pairing it with.

We would need to collect details in regards to this matter and everyone who wants to pitch in would be very appreciated!

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
Hi

Any news on this? We're on 1.0.7.36 and trying to read any conversation on WhatsApp is rather useless 😕
Userlevel 3
Hi

Any news on this? We're on 1.0.7.36 and trying to read any conversation on WhatsApp is rather useless :/

I ageee, I moved from iPhone to P30 and from Apple watch to GT watch and found the notification system in GT watch is useles, many bugs and maybe need to be redesigned from scratch.

For example:
1. Some of whatsapp notifications repeated twice when I explore the current notifications in my watch (GT), so the same message will be exist 2 times in the same list.

2. Notifications is not sorted by time or date, it is almost random, I don't know which one is new!

3. Although I open the SMS and I deleted it from my mobile, the notification is still exisit for that SMS.

4. When I recieve WhatsApp notification, the old notification will appear first instead of the latest.

You are pushing your new customers away from Huawei watch. I feel disappointed, Apple watch was much much better

HUAWEI WATCH GT
Model: FTN-B19
Version: 1.0.7.28(C03)
Userlevel 3
Hi

Any news on this? We're on 1.0.7.36 and trying to read any conversation on WhatsApp is rather useless :/

I have 1.0.7.28 and it shows as latest update
How did you get 1.0.7.36?
Userlevel 1

Hi

As said many times before, different countries can have different versions. In time you'll get it, don't worry
Userlevel 3
Am I the only one who still receive WhatsApp messages summary on the watch instead of last message received? I.e. "2 unread messages from xxx" shown on the screen when 2nd unread message arrives.

There's a way to fix it? Huawei support said it's a WhatsApp problem and not a watch fault 😏😒
Userlevel 3
Am I the only one who still receive WhatsApp messages summary on the watch instead of last message received? I.e. "2 unread messages from xxx" shown on the screen when 2nd unread message arrives.

There's a way to fix it? Huawei support said it's a WhatsApp problem and not a watch fault 😏😒

I have the same issue, whatsapp notification is useless because of this issue. Please fix it
Userlevel 3

Hi

As said many times before, different countries can have different versions. In time you'll get it, don't worry

I understand but from 1.0.7. 28 to 1.0.7.42 many releases. Hope our region will get some attention soon from Huawei
Hello there,

When I see notifications for messages on watch gt, every instant messages are seperated. So if it is coming from same person I see it on seperate topics. Could be better if I see a message query in same scroll down topic.

Also When I check my messages from my phone, watch gt continues to showing on its message alert menu same messages I checked from phone.
So I just turned this off now. I only track incoming calls alert from watch now. The message alert is meaningless.
Userlevel 3
@Max @Ove @Amy
Are aware about this issue?
https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/watch-gt-receiving-2-notifications-for-messages-1086?postid=24375

It is very annoying that I receive (Whatsapp: 2 messages from 2 chats) instead of the last message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Yes, we are aware of the issue. Please follow-up on @Max's request:

Hi all,

Could you kindly PM me in private with the following: Serial Number of the Watch GT, current build number, the HuaweiHealth/Huawei Wear App version and the mobile you are pairing it with.

We would need to collect details in regards to this matter and everyone who wants to pitch in would be very appreciated!

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 3
Hi all,

Yes, we are aware of the issue. Please follow-up on @Max's request:

Hi all,

Best wishes,
Max

Already sent 7 days ago but still no response.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Sadiq6210 ,

I appreciate your patience, this topic has been escalated to the development team, but it might be some time before you see a response.