Answered

Watch GT updates

• 15 November 2018
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
1.0.3.52 will not transfer to the watch and just says update failed.

Eek
icon

Best answer by Plymalan 9 December 2018, 18:48

I gave up trying as it 100% never updates. I have to send mine back to Huawei Promotions as they provided me with that option instead of sending it off for a service.
View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Plymalan,

Im sorry to hear that you having difficulties with the new watch.
In such situations we recommend wiping the cache of the app, unpairing the phone and watch , restarting the phone and attempting the update once more.
Also please make sure you are running the updated version of the app.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
The same is happening to me, I have done your recommended step and still nothing. It appears that downloads the update, the watch reboots and then nothing... back to the old version. Please advise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi davidmano,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with the watch. Have you also tried to unpair & reset the watch from its settings? That would solve the software conflict it is experiencing.
Also on the phone please do a network setting reset after unpairing the watch. To do a netowrk setting reset simply go to settings> wireless and networks > network setting reset. - or even simpler by using the search bar in the settings menu.

Please let me know how it goes after doing all of this.
Best wishes,
Max
Yes I have done that several times still no luck 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi davidmano,

Sorry to hear that, the last thing that crosses my mind is a software conflict somewhere within the phone as a last possible troubleshooting a factory reset would be the quickest way to fix any such issue.
If the device is still not pairing and receiving the update afterwards, the best solution would be to have it inspected by one of our technicians.
Within the UK we offer a postal repair service, a booking being facilitated either by mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

Hope you find this helpful,
Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I gave up trying as it 100% never updates. I have to send mine back to Huawei Promotions as they provided me with that option instead of sending it off for a service.
I cant upgrade my watch, whem a try it always say failed upgrade. My actual software version is 1.0.3.52. I tried watch reset, paired and unpaired, delete data cache, etc...
The same is happening to me, I have done your recommended step and still nothing. It appears that downloads the update, the watch reboots and then nothing... back to the old version. Please advise.
Same here, any advise? Current version 1.0.3.54 and new version 1.0.3.88
It has been long time since the last update , when are we to receive the new update?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
You'd think they'd update this all the time
I'm also having trouble in watch update. Finally I've solved (now I'm on 1.0.5.22) with watch in charge during update phase and taking the smartphone screen on in the upgrade page. I don't know if this can be a solution for others. In my case, this approach has been resolutive. I've performed with success two firmware upgrade.
Hello Everyone,

My Framework version is:1.0.5.36,
I get notification to update to newer version, thus I clicked update button to updating to version: 1.0.6.8.
After finishing update, I getting a notification of another new update! and the new update version is: 1.0.5.22 !!! (Its look like downgrade!)

However, I clicked Update, After completing this update I again get a notification for a newer update, and the new update version number is:

Again I get an update notification to version 1.0.5.36!, I updated to the version, but after finishing that Update I get a notification the new version which is:1.0.6.8 !!!!! and so on...

It looks like that I'm entered in infinite loop of updates and I don't know how to go out of it! I tried to Unpair the watch and connected again, I tried to make Factory reset, but in vain!

Any Advise. Please?

Thanks
Monzer
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @MonzerOsama ,

I've moved your question here as this thread covers issues with Watch GT updates. Can you try the recommendation from Max?

Hi Plymalan,

In such situations we recommend wiping the cache of the app, unpairing the phone and watch , restarting the phone and attempting the update once more.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Hi @MonzerOsama ,

I've moved your question here as this thread covers issues with Watch GT updates. Can you try the recommendation from Max?

Hi Plymalan,

Best wishes,
Max

Hi @Danjl ,
Thank you for your replay,
I did all the steps you mentioned, but in vain :(

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @MonzerOsama,

Please try a factory reset. You will find more information and a how-to in this thread.

If the device is still not pairing and receiving the update afterwards, please have it inspected by one of our technicians. Within the UK we offer a postal repair service, a booking being facilitated either by mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/.

Will you keep us updated? 🙂
I just bought the Huawei Watch GT , I am on version 1.0.7.28(C05). I understand that the most recent version is 1.0.8.34, my Health app says that my watch is up to date which obviously is not true.
How can I get all the missing updates ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@ligrs, you are best contacting the support hotline regarding updates.