Answered

Watch GT with no Strava integration?!

• 11 December 2018
  • 93 replies

Userlevel 3
As a fitness oriented watch, how come it is NOT possible to sync workouts to STRAVA? I've seen many suggestions for clear improvement but who decided not to syn workouts to strava in a watch focused on exercise??
icon

Best answer by MBDeaks 11 December 2018, 07:47

As a fitness oriented watch, how come it is NOT possible to sync workouts to STRAVA? I've seen many suggestions for clear improvement but who decided not to syn workouts to strava in a watch focused on exercise??

It's still early days for the Watch GT. I contacted Strava about this and they said it doesn't sync with Strava "at this moment in time". This says to me that syncing with Strava is not completely out of the question in the future.
View original

93 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

It's still early days for the Watch GT. I contacted Strava about this and they said it doesn't sync with Strava "at this moment in time". This says to me that syncing with Strava is not completely out of the question in the future.
Userlevel 3
I've read this comment in here and I believe it is totally correct. The os for the watch gt i far from finished, maybe one year from completion and they should not have launched. By doing it they are just pissing off customers who unaware bought this device. The list of things that need to be improved is huge. It's a half baked product. You do not launch a half baked product. It's that simple.
Userlevel 3
It's crazy that a watch designated as an activity tracker does not have the most basic requirement of all, the link to STRAVA that pretty much all runners and cyclists use...? It's mad to think that a product in this arena could be launched without such a basic requirement which is standard on all other devices.

Lets see if Huawei actually listen to it's customers and very quickly get some updates out to fix these basic issues.
Userlevel 5
Badge
It's crazy that a watch designated as an activity tracker does not have the most basic requirement of all, the link to STRAVA that pretty much all runners and cyclists use...? It's mad to think that a product in this arena could be launched without such a basic requirement which is standard on all other devices.

Lets see if Huawei actually listen to it's customers and very quickly get some updates out to fix these basic issues.

Hi @phlppip it's not as simple as Huawei releasing an update for Strava integration. I'm sure there's a bit of work involved for Strava to test and integrate the Watch GT to work with their platform. There's probably other costs and politics involved. However you're right, it's strange that this hasn't been done already.
Userlevel 3
I am sure it is not that straight forward and did not say that it was, only that how can you launch a fitness tracker watch before such a basic function is in place it is ludicrous.

I look forward to seeing if Huawei listen AND ACT upon customer feedback as opposed to just saying it is being fed back to their Dev team..... so lets all watch this space and see how much they care about their customers.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Can any of the admin feedback on any updates with Strava integration? Is it being talked about within the Wearable department? This is high on the wishlist for many watch GT owners.
Userlevel 3
Can any of the admin feedback on any updates with Strava integration? Is it being talked about within the Wearable department? This is high on the wishlist for many watch GT owners.
I'd also be very interested to hear what is happening with this.
Any update on this from the Huawei admins? I love the Watch GT, but its lack of Strava integration is a big problem. Is Huawei working to fix this? If so, when can we expect an update? Thanks.
Userlevel 1
I received the Watch GT as a promotion item when I bought my Mate 20 Pro. Love the phone, but not sure about the watch. Strava is the key reason. It was a really poor lack of insight to forego integration to begin with, but there seems to be no word or indication from Huawei wether it will be coming in the update.

My predicament is now wether I sell the watch to buy a Garmin that really does do all the fitness things I want, or cross my fingers and pray with the watch GT that Huawei will solve the Strava problem.

From all that I've read and seen, I'm not too confident that Huawei is listening to its customers, and think I will be moving to Garmin. 😥
Userlevel 1
@Max, can you please shed some light on this important feature? Many Watch GT users cannot understand why a .gpx / .tcx / track export function (including HR and altitude), or even a direct link with Strava (most fitness trackers from Polar, Garmin, etc. have it), has not yet been implemented in Huawei Health! Thanks!
code:
I bought the Huawei Watch GT and I am disappointed because it does not sync with STRAVA. I'll switch Smartwatch.
Userlevel 4
I've asked Huawei twice about this on Twitter and twice they haven't replied. To be honest I think they've moved on to something else. Its not gonna happen.
Userlevel 1
FYI I had a message from Max that they are developing synchronisation with Strava. That's good. No news on when that will be or in what form, and unfortunately too late for me. I have not seem evidence they are putting in the necessary resources to customers, but that's hopefully helpful to some of you.
Userlevel 2
I cant see why they just cant give the option at the very least to download the tcx/gpx file from your phone so users can manually upload it. Samsung health have the option on the app to download the file
It would be a happy medium so users can upload the file through Strava
It must be fairly easy to do ?
Userlevel 1
I am also very interested in this topic. I am very happy with the Huawei eco system. I am also very happy that my new hobby of 'fitness' is all being recorded on Strava.

I am however immensely disappointed that between Strava and Huawei they can't "play nicely".

I have online chatted with support from both sides this week, and Huawei days it's up to the app development. Strava says it's down to the hardware...

As a consumer, I simply lose faith in them both.

Having said this...I have been emailing the Huawei CEO regular to suggest she (or he) get it sorted asap... perhaps we should all do the same daily?

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/email-the-ceo/
Same opinion, good watch but no integrations... Already sent request to Huawei CEO. 😁
Userlevel 1
Too late now....

21st century's yesterday and all that... Consumerism waits for no man, etc... Why wait for Huawei to maybe or maybe not at some point, one day, perhaps get their hardware to be as user-friendly as all their competitors?

I sent my Huawei tracker back without even opening it, and have now got a Garmin one that "simply just works"....

No waiting. No stress. No hassle.
No waiting. No stress. No hassle.

That's the spirit!
When you know the watch doesn't have the functionality you want or need, why would you buy it? Just compare other watches and fitness trackers.
Userlevel 1
Agreed steff012; irritatingly the Huawei band 3 pro ticks every box and seems an excellent device...except it totally scores an own goal by not being compatible with all the planets big fitness apps ...

Ive gone now. I doubt I'll be back.
Userlevel 2
It's sad that a great smartwatch (on hardware front) is so poor supported on software side...
The app Healt is one of the worst I seen and used (the way it handles the step count is embarrassing!) and the absence of compatibility with third-party apps (Strava, Runtastic, ...) is an even bigger limit.
I understand why many Watch GTs are on sale or returned shortly after purchase (Amazon Warehous always has them available!).
Is it possible that Huawei cares so little about its products and does not listen to its customers at all?
I tried emailing the CEO like advised earlier on in this thread, here's the reply

Userlevel 4
That's basically saying forget about it
That's what I thought too, it doesn't sound like they're doing much about it does it!!
Userlevel 4
That's what I thought too, it doesn't sound like they're doing much about it does it!!
No they're palming it off to Strava who in turn blame Huawei.
Userlevel 3
I tried emailing the CEO like advised earlier on in this thread, here's the reply

Before I purchased my Huawei product I contacted customer support and asked them if it would be possible to export heart rate data. They said yes using GoogleFit. After buying the product I wrote back and said GoogleFit does not record heart rate info. Customer services sent me a similar message telling me to contact Google to tell them they have a problem.
So having been misled by customer services they then wash their hands of the problem.