Answered

Which charger to use when charging my Huawei Watch GT

Userlevel 2
Received my Watch GT yesterday which had approx 60% charge remaaining.
After updating eight times, the battery now shows it still has 44% remaining ...even after I have been playing with my new toy! ☺
Before charging it for the first time, since I am a little ignorant of volts, amps and impedance and their possible ill effects on either charger or battery, I wondered if it is OK or even safe to use the charger that came with my P30 Pro phone, or should I use some lesser charging device, ...or perhaps a USB socket that is sometimes integrated into wall sockets? 🤔
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mikich_Blaz 2 August 2019, 18:24

You can charge with any USB charger you want, they all are 5V, and the watch draws wery small amaunt of current ( < 1A ) My Honor watch battery is half size of GT and draws 190mA

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 3
The USB from the outlet under any circumstances (no impedance of 2A), uses 5V charger with a minimum of 2A.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
I use the charger that came with my mate 20 pro or the one that came with the watch. Both are the same as i use either for charging my phone which both work with super charging.
I would stick to the Huawei usbc cables though.
Userlevel 3
The USB plug is NOT an excuse for my English, I use Google Translator.
Userlevel 3
As I said before I use 5V and 2A charger.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
You can charge with any USB charger you want, they all are 5V, and the watch draws wery small amaunt of current ( < 1A ) My Honor watch battery is half size of GT and draws 190mA

Userlevel 2
The USB plug is NOT an excuse for my English, I use Google Translator.
Vă mulțumim că ați avut probleme să răspundeți.
De asemenea, folosesc Google Translate! 😃
Userlevel 2
I use the charger that came with my mate 20 pro or the one that came with the watch.

My Watch GT wasn't supplied with a charger, just the "Thimble" and a USB>USB C cable.
Userlevel 3
We all received the same without a charger. Is OK.
Userlevel 2
Thank you Mikich_Blaz, now I understand.
Saves me having to take two chrgers when I'm travelling!
Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I use the charger that came with my mate 20 pro or the one that came with the watch.
My Watch GT wasn't supplied with a charger, just the "Thimble" and a USB>USB C cable.

I forgot both of the chargers I have were for the QI wireless charger and the phone. So perfectly safe for the Watch GT
Userlevel 3
Could we use p30 pro's charger?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Could we use p30 pro's charger?
Yes 🙂