Blog

Hanging out with the Huawei Mate 20 X

• 20 February 2019
  • 4 replies
Hanging out with the Huawei Mate 20 X
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I had the lucky chance to hang out with the Mate 20 X for a long weekend.

My first impressions are that the phone has one impressive large display which is backed up with a 5000 mAh battery.

My daily phone is the Mate 20 Pro and the X is very similar in spec but with that larger screen and larger battery. Yes there are some minor differences such as the X having pen compatibility while traded off with slightly lower water resistance etc.

The mate X is loud ! Officially its 40db but I could sit this on the counter in the kitchen and follow a beef ragu recipe without issue. The screen is clear from various angles and allowed me to muster up a sauce without having to scream at a smaller screen. A joy to use even from the other side of the kitchen.

Initially I thought it was too big but after a day every other phone felt tiny and this just sat well with me, no problem in a pocket and always great to utilise the space for video, games, work emails even dashboards and spreadsheets are actually manageable on this colossal device.

Like all memorable dates my time with the X was brief but its memories live on with gaming joy of PUBG, Spotify tunes blasting out like a ghetto blaster and a ragu dish that impressed the family.

I'll miss you Mate 20 X

The price point of the X makes it VERY attractive for those wondering if they should stick with a lite or step up to the Mate 20 Pro. The X is worth ever penny.

Beef Ragu Recipe used :

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Great article, had my mate 20 X just over a week and you're right all other phones now feel tiny! Love this phone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Glad you like it, it stands out I think as time goes on as phones become more a medium for digesting content than for making phone calls, with bluetooth and headphones you don't have to hold it up to your ear and the extra screen really packs a punch for video and gaming.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Oooh a new recipe..... Eh I mean great article bud. I'm so easily distracted by food sorry 😂
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Nice post @chillphone

It's a difficult choice between the Mate 20 X and the Mate 20 Pro. But for Beef Ragu, it's shin over stewing every time for me 😉🍝😋