Huawei Mate 20 X 5G - 5G Speed test and Huawei's future 5G Vision

• 9 August 2019
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4

Its finally here, The Huawei Mate 20X 5G the most powerful 5G handset available today, in this video I share some of my results of 5G speeds around London and give you some exclusive behind the scenes never before seen footage regarding what Huawei are working on within the 5G sector. #huaweimate20x5g #harmonyos #5GisON

5G 5G 5G, What is it all about and How good is the new Huawei Mate 20 X 5G? Well in todays video I will be sharing Huawei’s idea of the future of 5G and sharing my results of 5G speeds around London using the Huawei Mate 20 X 5G.

First off lets take a look at Huawei’s first 5g handset to hit the market, yes I have tried the Mate X which is the gorgeous foldable smartphone from Huawei but in this video I will only be focusing on the Mate 20 X 5G as I feel it’s a device most consumers will purchase when you consider the hefty price differences between the 2.

It is a huge device and it’s pretty heavy, then again it needs to be to house the Huawei Balong 5000 which is the worlds first 7nm multi-mode 5G chipset. It provides industry leading 5G speeds and supports both NSA & SA architecture to aid in a smooth transition of the ever evolving 5G network. There is so much new technology that has gone into the Mate 20 X 5G that the battery has had to be reduced from 5000 to 4200mah, and both the headphone jack and top speaker have had to be removed too. Who says that you don’t need to compromise to be a part of the future?

So I attended a Huawei photo walk around London and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to test the 5G speeds using a sim card from EE in the Mate 20 X 5G and I would say that the results made for interesting reading. Some were what I expected and others not so much. I recorded download speeds of between 98.4 all the way up to nearly 400 megabits per second during the photo walk, so what does this mean, well simply put the Huawei Mate 20 X 5G is more than capable of providing higher speeds than the ones I experienced, however the Networks in the UK are still in their 5G infancy and as such need time to expand the 5G availability for consumers as currently its only available in certain areas and even then it’s not wide reaching after all I managed to hit download speeds of 170 megabits per second using 4G on the Mate 20 X 5G by simply sitting in my living room.

So I know most people are thinking well 5G is good for downloading movies and music but there is so much more to this than meets the eye and having seen first hand what Huawei has planned for 5G I must admit that’s what I find more exciting. Imagine a world of never having to download a game to your phone again but instead simply using cloud gaming whilst on the go? Yep that’s right if you are into games like Assasins creed, Fortnite or any heavy, demanding and intensive games then 5G is for you. Think about playing the full versions of these games not the mobile versions on your smartphone. By utilising the power of servers and hardware designed to run the full fat version of these titles and then streaming the games from those to your smartphone using 5G means real gaming for the hardcore gamer, not to mention smooth online multiplayer action where you could be playing against someone using a PC whilst you are on your Mate 20 X 5G.

This also applies to Cloud VR gaming and experiences, where a smartphone doesn’t really have the power of full VR but you could experience new worlds and VR games over 5G by using a VR headset and equipment that would move in real time to your actions without having to invest in millions of pounds of equipment that is needed to give you a smooth and seemless out of body experience. What about from a professional point of view? Cloud PC will cover that, if you need large files from the office or you need to network at the same time with other members of your team or clients you could do it now over 5G without having to download huge GB’s of files, presentations, production work etc will all be at hand anytime you need it. Just think if you could produce and render plans, blueprints, videos, documents on the fly and in real time and as you do others can add to it with their ideas and make any alterations if needed. 360 live streaming would also be possible, imagine Google maps but instead, in real time and the ability of even being able to see people walking around but again in 360 degrees simply from your smartphone, this would bring massive improvement to security, navigation and lets be honest it would be a lot of fun.

Overall the Mate 20 X 5G is a great first 5G handset from Huawei and I really enjoyed testing it out, but what excites me more is what 5G will bring to the smartphone and the direction Huawei is heading in. From what I have seen I can clearly see why Huawei is the leader in 5G and I can’t wait to see what else they bring to the speed table.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!