Huawei Mate 20 X Review - This is an amazing phone! 7.2 inch OLED screen with identical camera to Mate 20 Pro

• 17 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Welcome to my review of the Huawei Mate 20 X smartphone.
My review is split into several parts. A comparison with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, usability and UI, Audio, Camera and final verdict. The audio section includes a loudspeaker shootout between the Mate 20 Pro as well.

Key Features
– 7.2 inch OLED 1080p screen
– Kirin 980 Processor 7nm
– 5,000 mAh battery with TÜV safety-certified HUAWEI SuperCharge
– GPU 2.0 Turbo Technology
– Dual symmetrical speakers at both ends of the device, plus a super high dynamic range up to 40 db
– The world’s first liquid multi-dimensional cooling system with Vapour Chamber (VC) and Graphene Film used in smartphones.
– 40 MP main RGB lens captures great details in everyday photos, while the 8 MP telephoto lens will focus on your distant shots and the whole new 20 MP Leica Ultra Wide Angle Lens is perfect for the landscape photos and macro shots.
– 24 MP front camera
– AI Video Modes
– AI Cinema Mode and Directors Cut
– M Pen stylus (optional)
– Wireless Projection, Desktop mode

Main review

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Awesome stuff; I'm watching distribution of this handset like a hawk, and as soon as it's a decent price on GearBest/TobyDeals etc. I'll bite - it has everything I want from a phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Ah brilliant, I was hoping you'd get your hands on one of these Gavin. I'll give your video a watch tonight. Looks like such an interesting phone.

Do you have the pen?
Userlevel 4
Ah brilliant, I was hoping you'd get your hands on one of these Gavin. I'll give your video a watch tonight. Looks like such an interesting phone.

Do you have the pen?

Thanks Tony. I didn't get the M Pen as it suffers lag.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I would love to see a video of everyday carrying it. Which pockets will it fit and won't fit? Do you have to constantly take it out of your pocket when you site down etc? Is it awkward to carry about?
Userlevel 4
I would love to see a video of everyday carrying it. Which pockets will it fit and won't fit? Do you have to constantly take it out of your pocket when you site down etc? Is it awkward to carry about?

If you watched the video, I did have a section of usability. I dont stick any phone in my jeans pockets, front shirt, jacket etc..
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @gavinfabl

Great review. I recently got to spend a bit of time with the Mate 20 X. You can find my thoughts on it here.