My way into the wonder world of Huawei

• 21 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

A few weeks ago my son showed me how to save a bit of money and how to buy my bus ticket online. He said all I had to do was to get the ticket up on my phone and when I board the bus put my phone under the scanner and wait for the bleep. He said that was all there was to it and the price of the ticket would be paid for via PayPal and at a much cheaper rate then if I had paid for the ticket directly from the driver.

The next day with a little apprehension I brought my ticket online, got the e-ticket up on my phone and exactly as my son had said put it under the scanner waited for the bleep and that was that. So much easier that searching for change, holding everyone up and, as my son had said, it was much cheaper.
As the week went on I became more confident and even brought my tickets for a show online and proudly told everyone how I was saving so much money by using my phone and e-tickets. Now while this may not be a great achievement to most people I, as are most of my friends, are at an age when we can remember that a tablet was something we took for a headache, the net was something we took fishing and a computer was a miss-spelling for someone who took the train to get to work.

Anyway, So there I was telling everyone and anyone how much I was saving by using my phone to get e-tickets and duly showing them how to do it.
Along came Saturday and as was normal I was waiting at the bus stop where I was meeting the rest of my mates. After we had all arrived I duly made a show of how easy it was to get my e-ticket and belittled my mates for keeping everyone waiting as they formed a line to pay the driver. I was the last in line and made a joke of how all theses old guys needed to come into the 21st century and learn how to use a mobile. As I took the last step onto the bus my foot slipped and I fell backwards out of the bus onto the pavement. While I did not damage myself I can’t say the same for my phone. The screen was shattered into tiny shards and as I looked at my e-ticket it gradually became green in colour and then the screen went completely blank. I paid the driver, after asking one of my friends if they could lend me the money to get a ticket. The rest of the week my so called tech-illiterate friends must have suddenly learnt how to send emails, use Facebook, Twitter and messenger. For all week, everywhere I looked, there were comments referring to the dangers of using an e-ticket. The next Saturday, as normal, I was waiting for them to turn up at the bus s stop. As the bus arrived I took out my wallet so as to not keep everyone waiting and as I did so all my mates took out their phones and one by one boarded the bus, put their e-tickets under the scanner waited for the bleep and sat down. They left me while I thumbed through my wallet looking for the right change and they began to tease me about keeping the bus driver waiting and how I should get into the 21st Centaury and use my phone to get an e-ticket.

The next day I rang my son and asked for his help in choosing a phone that I needed to look fantastic , had the best camera, was big enough for me to hold with a screen that was fantastic to look at. When he said I should take a look at Huawei I have to admit my first response was ‘who are Huawei’.
But now, i can honestly say that my Huawei P30 pro has completely blown away my expectations and since that time I have become a confident, tech- savvy old-guy who uses my phone and its apps for everything like measuring the floor, using the directions for maps, translating what I want to say to my friends in France, taking hundreds of top quality photos, listening to my music where ever I go, texting, facebook and also to listen to my audio books while I am on my allotment. Ho, and yes, also to buy e-tickets.

Since that time my friends have been so impressed with my phone that they to are ditching their old brick phones and are changing to Huawei.
A week ago I also treated myself to a new laptop and brought the Huawei MateBook 13. It’s a fantastic improvement on my last laptop, a Lenovo Yoga. While I am still finding something new every time I use it, the things that stand out the most are the brilliance of the screen, or should that be touch-screen, how quickly it boots up, how fast it loads and uses new software, the Huawei editing and most of all how easy it is to transfer pictures, documents and music back-and-forth between my p30 pro and the MateBook using Huawei OneHop. But It’s so quick I think they should rename it ‘FastHop’
The only problem I still have is that Im finding it much easier to write Huawei that I do to actually say it.

So that was how I entered into the wonderful world of Huawei.

This is the first Blog I have ever done. Well, If it is a blog?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

A few weeks ago my son showed me how to save a bit of money and how to buy my bus ticket online. He said all I had to do was to get the ticket up on my phone and when I board the bus put my phone under the scanner and wait for the bleep. He said that was all there was to it and the price of the ticket would be paid for via PayPal and at a much cheaper rate then if I had paid for the ticket directly from the driver.
The next day with a little apprehension I brought my ticket online, got the e-ticket up on my phone and exactly as my son had said put it under the scanner waited for the bleep and that was that. So much easier that searching for change, holding everyone up and, as my son had said, it was much cheaper.
As the week went on I became more confident and even brought my tickets for a show online and proudly told everyone how I was saving so much money by using my phone and e-tickets. Now while this may not be a great achievement to most people I, as are most of my friends, are at an age when we can remember that a tablet was something we took for a headache, the net was something we took fishing and a computer was a miss-spelling for someone who took the train to get to work.
Anyway, So there I was telling everyone and anyone how much I was saving by using my phone to get e-tickets and duly showing them how to do it.
Along came Saturday and as was normal I was waiting at the bus stop where I was meeting the rest of my mates. After we had all arrived I duly made a show of how easy it was to get my e-ticket and belittled my mates for keeping everyone waiting as they formed a line to pay the driver. I was the last in line and made a joke of how all theses old guys needed to come into the 21st century and learn how to use a mobile. As I took the last step onto the bus my foot slipped and I fell backwards out of the bus onto the pavement. While I did not damage myself I can’t say the same for my phone. The screen was shattered into tiny shards and as I looked at my e-ticket it gradually became green in colour and then the screen went completely blank. I paid the driver, after asking one of my friends if they could lend me the money to get a ticket. The rest of the week my so called tech-illiterate friends must have suddenly learnt how to send emails, use Facebook, Twitter and messenger. For all week, everywhere I looked, there were comments referring to the dangers of using an e-ticket. The next Saturday, as normal, I was waiting for them to turn up at the bus s stop. As the bus arrived I took out my wallet so as to not keep everyone waiting and as I did so all my mates took out their phones and one by one boarded the bus, put their e-tickets under the scanner waited for the bleep and sat down. They left me while I thumbed through my wallet looking for the right change and they began to tease me about keeping the bus driver waiting and how I should get into the 21st Centaury and use my phone to get an e-ticket.
The next day I rang my son and asked for his help in choosing a phone that I needed to look fantastic , had the best camera, was big enough for me to hold with a screen that was fantastic to look at. When he said I should take a look at Huawei I have to admit my first response was ‘who are Huawei’.
But now, i can honestly say that my Huawei P30 pro has completely blown away my expectations and since that time I have become a confident, tech- savvy old-guy who uses my phone and its apps for everything like measuring the floor, using the directions for maps, translating what I want to say to my friends in France, taking hundreds of top quality photos, listening to my music where ever I go, texting, facebook and also to listen to my audio books while I am on my allotment. Ho, and yes, also to buy e-tickets.
Since that time my friends have been so impressed with my phone that they to are ditching their old brick phones and are changing to Huawei.
A week ago I also treated myself to a new laptop and brought the Huawei MateBook 13. It’s a fantastic improvement on my last laptop, a Lenovo Yoga. While I am still finding something new every time I use it, the things that stand out the most are the brilliance of the screen, or should that be touch-screen, how quickly it boots up, how fast it loads and uses new software, the Huawei editing and most of all how easy it is to transfer pictures, documents and music back-and-forth between my p30 pro and the MateBook using Huawei OneHop. But It’s so quick I think they should rename it ‘FastHop’
The only problem I still have is that Im finding it much easier to write Huawei that I do to actually say it.
So that was how I entered into the wonderful world of Huawei.This is the first Blog I have ever done. Well, If it is a blog?

great read thank you for sharing
Userlevel 1

So that was how I entered into the wonderful world of Huawei.This is the first Blog I have ever done. Well, If it is a blog?

You doing a good job.
This blog is a great story 🙂
And welcome to the family.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Great blog @Badger! Thank you for sharing your story.

I moved your story from the comments in @Golden's blog to a new blog. 🙂