P30 Pro: a Wide Lens Journey

P30 Pro: a Wide Lens Journey
Userlevel 6
Badge
Soooo, I was very lucky to have an extended play on the Huawei P30 Pro, what an incredible device, amazing screen and battery life, enough to be able to take the device on a walking tour of my home town and play tourist all day, taking photos in a normal mode then playing around with Wide Lens mode to see the difference in what could be captured in a single photo.

Eastney Beach
First port of call was Hayling Harbour, one of my favorite places to visit as it is much quieter than some of the other beaches around Portsmouth. I found the Wide Lens really helped capture the area a lot better as without losing any of the detail and gives a much better indication of the scale of the view too.

Wide lens:

Standard click and shoot:

Wide Lens vs Point and Click: From the Floor
I always like to play around with angles of photos and normally you can find me lying on the floor playing around with the perspectives just trying to capture that perfect image. Both of these photos were taken on my little Huawei selfie/tripod and again I found the detail and colour level when capturing a landscape incredible.

Wide lens:

Detail
The other things that really surprised me was the detail level that you still picked up in the phots on Wide Lens mode, as you can see you get all the detail still in the waves and the bubbles on the beach, incredible.

Wide Lens vs Point and Click: Perspective shot
Still down at Eastney Beach there is a pier the goes out into the see, most people use it for fishing off, however for me again another opportunity to take advantage of the Wide Lens but for a different reason, trying to capture a shot like the one to the left for the perspective shot to really capture everything you want as much in the photo as possible with the focus point being down the middle.

For me just the point and click here doesn’t give me anywhere near enough detail in comparison to the Wide Lens above, I felt that it really came into its own here, very impressed.

Wide lens:

Wide Lens vs Point and Click:Flowers
The Rose Gardens in Southsea is one of my favourite places to visit, not only does it always look stunning in the summer, but the smells and tranquility of it all as the sun is going down is amazing, I felt again that the Wide Lens mode out did its self here, really capturing the warmth and glow of the sun as it was going down, whilst capturing the beauty of the Roses too.

I think that the standard point and click still came out well, I played around a little with the super macro mode here and was really impressed, but again I felt that the Wide Lens took the crown again.

Wide lens:

Wide Lens vs Point and Click: Night Mode
Oh Huawei, you beautiful thing you, after the sun had set, I wanted to give the camera a different kind of test, Wide Lens at night, you know just to try and trip it up, didn’t work as you can see, both photos taken on my trusty tripod just so have the added stabilization, but wow the detail level on the water and the fountain lights is incredible and is currently now one of my favourite and most like photos on my Instagram, goldengraham1983.
https://www.instagram.com/goldengrahams1983/
I mean you are not going to be disappointed ever with a point and click mode that can produce photos like this, but again for me Wide Lens mode wins the day. Before this blog and getting to play with the device I can safely say that I had never really used a Wide Lens mode before, but I tell you I am definitely converted.

Wide lens:

Let me know what you think in the comments below. And please give this article a thumbs up if you like it. 🙂

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Nice one @Golden. Great article and some fantastic pictures πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 6
Badge
Nice one @Golden. Great article and some fantastic pictures πŸ‘πŸ‘

Cheers @Jase
Userlevel 1
Really enjoyed the read. Great use of the camera settings. As a professional photographer can really appreciate the composition of the final images. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Userlevel 1
😉
Userlevel 1
Loving the amazing pictures, everything looks very authentic especially with the fountains. The passion for the phones is great, and I really like how the blog tells a story.
Awesome article, being from the field team I will definitely use this as a great example for future in store training and managers meetings
Userlevel 6
Badge
Awesome article, being from the field team I will definitely use this as a great example for future in store training and managers meetings

thanks Ryan
Userlevel 2
Awesome Blog. Great pictures and really useful tips on how to use the phone cameras to their full potential.

Katy 🐱
You can really tell the difference in all the pictures, especially the Rose Gardens one with all the vibrant colours πŸ‘ŒπŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
Amazing photos. Really liking the fountains one really cool to see the low light performance!
A really fantastic piece with some amazing pictures. I never really thought I needed wide angle and was sad to loose the monochrome sensor that had been on so many devices but its literally changed how I take photos. Great work.
Userlevel 6
Badge
A really fantastic piece with some amazing pictures. I never really thought I needed wide angle and was sad to loose the monochrome sensor that had been on so many devices but its literally changed how I take photos. Great work.

Thanks Stu