Sticky Blog

Play music in Surround Sound with mutliple Huawei/Honor phones 

• 21 May 2019
  • 3 replies
Play music in Surround Sound with mutliple Huawei/Honor phones 
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Included in the latest Honor View 10 software update is a nifty app called 'Party Mode'.
If you have the phone but not the app, you can either wait for the software update or you can install the app from the link at the end of this article. The best thing is this app works with ALL Huawei/Honor phones. Yay! 😀

So what does it do? It allows you to sync music playback to multiple phones on the same Wi-Fi network. Imagine having your music on your phone played back through several speakers in the room, in real time. That's essentially the gist of it.

Your friends simply connect to your phone and join the music party 🎉

🎶🎶🎶🎶

You can use NFC to connect to each phone:

🎶🎶🎶🎶

If you don't have NFC you can connect manually by scanning a QR code. Once connected, load up your music track and press play. It will take a moment to load the song to your friend's phone:

🎶🎶🎶🎶

If you go in the settings, you can choose which audio channel is played on which phone to create a surround sound effect. For example you can have the left audio channel played on the phone on your left and the right audio channel on your phone or the phone on your right. You can have several phones connected to your phone - I believe six more, although I haven't tested that many:

I have of course tried it and it definitely works. Would be interesting to try it with many phones. I have tried to install the app on non Huawei/Honor phones but the app does not work.

Here is the link to download Party Mode (8.3.2). Just double click on the app file to install. You made need to allow permission for your phone to install apps from outside the Google Play store.

Party Mode 8.3.2 App

YouTube Video

Try it out! A bit of audio fun!

🎵 🎶 🔊 🎼

3 replies

Userlevel 5
No one will join you if you have bad taste in music 😜

Sounds pretty cool 😎 though.
Hello,
I bought a p30 pro 2 weeks ago and I'm very satisfied with the purchase, but I'm trying to play music on 2 Bluetooth devices ( which the salesman told me I could do ) but it won't work, it only plays music on one of them, any ideas on how to make it work?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Riyaling - I wondered if this was what the salesman was referring to? Perhaps @Tboy2000 can help you with your question about multiple bluetooth devices.