Unhappy customer

Hi,

My Tab 3 recently developed a charging issue, and was still under warranty. So, I enquired and sent it away for repair. Imagine my shock when the quotation came back and said there was "Liquid Damage" and beyond repair and thus out of warranty!! I know for a FACT this is complete lies. It has never been ANYWHERE near water. Also, I have worked for IBM as a reworker, so I know about repairs!

The quotation asked for £200.32 to repair a tablet I bought NEW for £110. I can see what they're doing! The tablet is in immaculate condition - as all my devices are, as I look after them very well. I KNEW this was utter nonsense and so they are scamming. So, I went to TrustPilot and low and behold.....2 star company! Post after post of people saying they are scammers and liars! Confirmation, not that I needed it. Have a look yourself: SBE Ltd.

I expect Huawei to have a far higher standard on their choice of repair company! Do they even check these people??

The long and short it, I have three choices apparently: I can ask them to scrap it (in other words, they change the battery and sell it on in A1 condition), or I can ask for it back (and I will never see it again, as it will get lost in the post..or in real terms they wont send it...see Trustpilot reviews again), OR I can pay £200 for a new one that costs £110!

I called Huawei customer service earlier and asked that they get in touch with this scam company and ask that they reassess the tablet in case a "mistake" has been made in diagnosing water damage that's actually a battery issue. If they continue with the lie, they can send it back and I will take it to an independent local repair shop who will confirm its a battery issue and NOT liquid damage and I will go see my lawyer.

I despise being lied to by a company trusted to repair within warranty, especially one linked to such a name as Huawei. I am sure Huawei have sky high customer service standard, but its a shame they do not hold associates to those same high standard. SBE Ltd in Ashford, Kent, are giving your company a bad name! I for one will be taking this further unless the genuine fault is repaired.

Lastly, I will reiterate the fact that I will not get this tablet back from SBE Limited because they cant let me have it independently assessed because it will PROVE them to be liars. Now, this is pure speculation of a future event, so I should not be able to predict this....but, failing them "having a second look" and realising that its NOT liquid damage, but in fact a battery issue....I Will be requesting it returned. I will update with any further information.

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi CustomerUnhappy,

Welcome on the community and thank you for sharing this. I am really sorry to see that you are having difficulties with this repair. 😞

If you still need help from our support team, please contact them directly as this community is not the best place to figure this out with our support team.
Hi CustomerUnhappy,

Welcome on the community and thank you for sharing this. I am really sorry to see that you are having difficulties with this repair. :(

If you still need help from our support team, please contact them directly as this community is not the best place to figure this out with our support team.

Hi Amy,

I have done.. by both email and phone. There are two days before the tablet is supposedly sent back to me if I do not response to the options. At which point ill get it independantly confirmed that the "liquid damage" is a complete fabrication. After this I will be seeking legal advice as I wont be lied to and cheated out of a warranty.

The reason I wont be responding is I refuse to choose 1) that they scrap the device!! as it actually works, just charges slow!!! 2) Pay £200 for a tablet I can buy new for £110!! or 3) ask for it back - reason being, I am hoping Huawei Staff intervene in the next two days and get the lying engineers to "have a 2nd look" and realise its NOT liquid damaged and repair it. Otherwise, like I said, Ill be taking it further.
Incidentally, these are the people Huawei have trust with their good name:

SBE Ltd

SOOO bad!!

Also, I, have bought several Huawei devices in the past year alone for various family members, so your bad choice of company to repair your tablets (and Huawei are neglecting to check these people obviously) mean you will lose not just my custom, but my familys. And for what? A bad battery on a device under warranty!? You trust a disgrace of a company over a vaulable customer...!

THIS image is what they sent to "prove" liquid damage!!! Notice the complete lack of anything connected with my device whatsoever. I am certain that if reversed, and I sent in just the battery (THE REAL FAULT), both Huawei AND the utter sham of a company SBE would require at least some proof. I mean they wanted serial numbers, right? What I got is a random image of another device! I have requested by email reply for the dispute to be escalated to a manager.

I was going to say this was turning into a joke... but its already at cabaret standards!
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
That's some nice corrosion you got going there, damn😳
That's some nice corrosion you got going there, damn😳

Yeah, suppose if it was mine it would be nice. Its not on my tablet though. Have you had a look at the company reviews, no?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
What device is this? There's no Tab 3 at Huawei, so I'm guessing you mean mediapad t3? is it 10 or 7 inches?
What device is this? There's no Tab 3 at Huawei, so I'm guessing you mean mediapad t3? is it 10 or 7 inches?
T3 10, yes.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello @CustomerUnhappy!

I'm truly sorry for this inconvenience!

Thank you for providing us your device's model. I will discuss your case with the development team and I will come back to you as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance. Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Hello @CustomerUnhappy!

Thank you for providing us your device's model. I will discuss your case with the development team and I will come back to you as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance. Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT

=====
Not bad service here as well...just the 9 days that have elasped!!! TOP CLASS
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
picture shows charging port is corroded. Wasn't sure which model this was but yeah, t3 10", charging port is what is outlined in the pictures given to you by the service centre.

Concerning bad reviews, yeah, it's normal. angry/annoyed customers will rate 1 star the service centre, it's normal for any after-sales service, I've worked in one so I now how it is.

Here either they change the mainboard or they have to solder a new charging port, which only a few centres can do. Mainboard is whatever you were quoted, charging port should around 1/3 to half of the price quoted. Seems this specific centre doesn't do soldering so mainboard replacement.

🙂wish you a good weekend.
picture shows charging port is corroded. Wasn't sure which model this was but yeah, t3 10", charging port is what is outlined in the pictures given to you by the service centre.

Concerning bad reviews, yeah, it's normal. angry/annoyed customers will rate 1 star the service centre, it's normal for any after-sales service, I've worked in one so I now how it is.

Here either they change the mainboard or they have to solder a new charging port, which only a few centres can do. Mainboard is whatever you were quoted, charging port should around 1/3 to half of the price quoted. Seems this specific centre doesn't do soldering so mainboard replacement.

🙂wish you a good weekend.

Hi,

The main issue I have is the claim of water infiltration or water damage. Its utterly incorrect. If it is a corroded port, its not down to anything I've done and certainly no water has been near the tablet as i keep my device on pedastals - so clear of the desk surface by inches. So whatever cause it wasnt down to me, and, as its within warranty, I deserve either a repaired device or replacement. Its a disgrace they can come up with a statement and its treated as fact when its so clearly incorrect. IF the port is like they say, they need to understand that there are other causes for this outwith customers spilling fluids onto it.

Any idea what its like KNOWING you never did what they claim, and, not bad enough your tablet isnt working correctly, but being told its YOUR FAULT and the warranty is null and void?? Fuming, is one adjective I could use, but is simply doesnt go far enough!

If I dont get satisfaction, needless to say, I wont be getting anymore Huawei devices for either myself or my family.

Thanks
Hello @CustomerUnhappy!

All the best,
BarneyT

=========================

As three weeks are about to elapse since your statement above, should I assume you are no longer interested in customer service? Because, to quote you: "I will come back to you as soon as possible."...it does seem like abandonment to me, I could be wrong....
Update. BarnetT is an absolute fake helper. Not replying on the thread after saying he would help 3 weeks ago, and now he wont respond to PMs even when online. Sums up this Huawei customer service sham. I advise people not to buy from them anymore. ABSOLUTE DISGRACE ALL ROUND!!
Mate, dont even bother. That company is pure scam. I bought a phone from them (mate20 pro for about £800), and since i bought it i noticed that it had a green screen issue (it was very common for that series if you look it up). I called customer service and they told me to send the phone to them and i will have it replaced, only to realize that it was instead repaired.
After a few months, during a software update the phone got stuck, and again i sent it to them. After a few days i was sent a letter form the service company asking for £1200 to repair it. I freaked out because the phone is still under warranty, and they told me that the warranty is void due to a very small scratch on the right bottom end (barely visible).
It's been two months already and i still cant get any response from them. I call them on the phone and they constantly refuse to give me their supervisor to talk to. They are the biggest scam company i have dealt with. Just avoid their products at all cost.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Water damage comes from both:

• Water
  • Very humid environment (shower room)
I showed the pictures to my ex-colleagues at the Brussels' service centre, they immediately saw the corroded port. Mainboard replacement or soldering new charging port if the service centre has the ability (likely not, in this case).

Customer service already reviewed once or twice this case, they can't review it eternally and provide the same answer again and again. Ports don't just corrode by themselves.
Except that the only way for an electronic product to be oxidized is a liquid contact or exposure to high humidity !
The picture is clear and removes any doubt.
I understand that you say that there has never been water or moisture but it does not explain the oxidation and the picture of the USB port !

Listen also what I say, and that the only possibility of having an oxidation is a liquid contact or exposure to high humidity. !
I think I did not insult you, I just gave my opinion. If you do not want the opinion of people, do not expose your worries, just rage in your corner.

On the other hand, to repair your tablet at lower cost, it is possible to replace USB port by micro soldering
AND NO, YOU DIDNT INSULT ME, BUT YOU DID THE SAME AS EVERYBODY TO REPLY> YOU ASSUMED ANY CORROSION WAS DUE TO ME, INSPITE OF MY ASSURANCES TO THE CONTRARY! IF I HAD BEEN SO IDIOTIC TO SPILL LIQUID ON IT, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A NEW ONE AND WOULDNT WASTE MY TIME ON A HELP FORUM!!!!! ALSO TWO MODS COME ON THE THREAD AND SAY THEY WILL HELP. NONE OF THEM GETS BACK TO ME AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN WHEN I ASK WHY IN PM!!!! >>https://uk.community.huawei.com/members/barneyt-14833 << WASTE OF FUCKING TIME DIKHED FAKE THIS ONE

DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND WHY THE FUCK I AM ANGRY??? GOING ROUND IN FUCKING CIRCLES WITH NO JUSTICE AND ONLY REPEATED BULLSHIT ABOUT HOW CORROSION COULD ONLY BE CAUSE BY WATER OR HUMIDITY AS IF THE TABLET ONLY BEGAN TO EXIST ONCE I HAVE BOUGHT IT!! AS IF THE POSSIBILITY OF WATER INFILTRATION ANYWHERE ELSE IS LIKE A FUCKING GOD>>> IMPOSSIBLE!
I read the conversation well and saw the picture as well. I may well believe that you did not put your product in contact with water but it does not explain the expertise of the repair center and the picture.
After if you want us to go right in your direction while the expertise and the photo are the only tangible proof since you bring nothing else, then yes you're right.
And I'm repeating myself, I'm not accusing you, I'm just saying that because of the photo, it's hard to contradict that.After you can not be responsible, can be a third person, I only say that it has necessarily happened something.
Sorry for upsetting you !
I read the conversation well and saw the picture as well. I may well believe that you did not put your product in contact with water but it does not explain the expertise of the repair center and the picture.
After if you want us to go right in your direction while the expertise and the photo are the only tangible proof since you bring nothing else, then yes you're right.
And I'm repeating myself, I'm not accusing you, I'm just saying that because of the photo, it's hard to contradict that.After you can not be responsible, can be a third person, I only say that it has necessarily happened something.
Sorry for upsetting you !

The picture, if you are dealing in facts, show no correlation to the inside of my tablet. There shows NO CONNECTION with my serial number AT ALL. In a court of law, this constitutes NOTHING. If they proved it was from inside MY tablet then I could move on to insisting I did not cause it in the first instance. Unless, you agree that a random picture with no identifing numbers or serial should automatically be accepted as MY tablet?
So you think the repair center lies, and gives random photo on the repairs? it's a serious accusation?
I respect your opinion and you should ask for a second expertise with the serial numbers!
So you think the repair center lies, and gives random photo on the repairs? it's a serious accusation?
I respect your opinion and you should ask for a second expertise with the serial numbers!

I did ask, I got no further correspondance. It was not much to ask for proof. It would be VERY EASY!! I KNOW I did not water damaged it, so how could it possibly be my tablet?? Do you understand this?? And the fact there is nothing identifying it as mine convinces me even more.